Metro City Hotel
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$278
US$163
US$114
US$144
US$121
Taj Mahal Hotel(New Delhi)
US$215
US$116
US$39
US$33
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 November 2009

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Dirty. No toilet paper. Noisy. Horrible room. The hotel clerk tried to steal my money. Then they said that the complementary transfer to airport was to just ring the taxi and it would cost Rs550. We took at taxi on the street and paid Rs100.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DebsG09
Reviewed 17 October 2009

My stay at this hotel turned into a nightmare. When I arrived late at the hotel I found out that they had already rented out my room. Some Indians said that the guys in the reception was scamming me and after talking hard to them on Hindi they fixed me into a different hotel close, but with terrible quality. I was charged for this room myself.

Next day I talked with the manager and he upgraded me to a delux room. This room was decent.

Stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank snorerkid
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 4 October 2009

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2009

We ended up here after their posher (it's a relative term) sister property the Metro Heights Hotel stuffed up our pre-paid booking. Yes, the place is scruffy and the towels aren't white - but that is in common with an awful lot of other hotels in India. The staff and managements were brilliant, - cheerful and very helpful - and the location, just down a sidestreet from the Karol Bagh bazaar, was excellent. Just rememebr you get what you pay for and don't expect a 5-star hotel experience at these prices.

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2007

I was part of the architecture group who stayed here in January and just wanted to support the fact that this was the worst hotel I’ve ever stayed in. The rooms were dirty, our lock on our door was broken and even though we asked for it to be repaired it wasn't. The towels looked like oily rags with brown stains all over them…I don’t think they knew what ‘white’ towels were. The bed sheets weren’t changed in 10 days as we stayed in the same room on our return journey to Delhi and the same dubious oily stains on our sheets were still there in exactly the same place. We had pigeons looking through the extractor fan at us and dropping faeces through the fan into the shower area. My advice to others…don’t stay in this hotel if you want a pleasant holiday!

• Stayed: January 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank David_Holidays2012