“Average service”
Review of Hotel Southern

Hotel Southern
Ranked #546 of 733 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 23 December 2013

i stay in 2nd week of December, Hotel Located near to Jhandewala Metro station is easily accessible. Front-desk are not friendly Especially in Morning Hours. A2B is the best of Hotel those from travel south. room are not maintained properly. shower is not Working. floor tiles are broken.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 December 2013

During my office tour to New Delhi during I stayed at Hotel Southern, (Karol Bagh, New Delhi-110005) from 17th Dec. 2013 to 19th Dec. 2013. During my last visits I had stayed at this hotel and it was good experience so I decided to stay at this hotel.

I had a booking for Super Deluxe however I was upgraded for Executive Room at no extra price. While check-in I was happy because of the courtesy from the management. But that happiness was short lasting after I went to room.

1. Room was small like any other room. There were tea bags/ milk powder / sugar pouches etc. but no kettle to boil water. After talking to reception it was provided!
2. On 18th Dec. I was preparing for the day and I wanted to take bath (8:00 AM) but NO HOT WATER was available! I complained but the people appeared in the room after about 30 min. They checked but after ½ Hour housekeeping supervisor told me nothing can be done. This was Executive Room. Finally I bathed with COLD water in December winter at Delhi! However cleaning boy was trying to convince me that hot water is available. Ridiculous!
3. When the Supervisor was in the room to attend to the Hot water problem in the bathroom I requested him for bottled drinking water. I was told that he will arrange it within few minutes. I waited for bottled drinking water – then bathed and went out for my work. But the water was NOT SERVED. Finally I bought the at the breakfast.
4. After taking bath I went for breakfast. Adyar Ananda Bhavan at Chennai is known for cleanliness. But here at Hotel Southern, Delhi I had a very bad experience. Boys were ONLY taking away used plates but tables were NOT cleaned at all. I had to find a comparatively clean table and take my breakfast. I had a same experience next day also!
5. On 17th Dec. I had my dinner at A. Ananda Bhavan. Though food was not hot it was not that bad. Chennai is far better than this. After the dinner Restaurant Captain told the boys to clean the table but they were just chatting standing near the table. Surprisingly Captain removed the plates but the boys were still chatting.

This looks like nobody from management is interested in setting the things write. With this experience, surely I will NOT recommend / stay at this hotel during my next visit to Delhi.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I went on a custom package tour organized by southern travels and had a horrid time. From really poor organization to cheap transportation (the vehicle they assigned us was pretty uncomfortable and ugly). I would strongly suggest staying away from these guys as they provide no value whatsoever.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
13  Thank clude
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Booked this hotel online, through mail. Got a great price. The hotel was very good. The rooms were clean. The only problem in this hotel that there are four blocks, situated differently. I mean like scattered on the road. The approach to Block D, where we stayed, was bad. Other wise, for the price which we got, the rooms was great. The best part was the Buffet Break fast. It was pure South Indian. For people like me it was home away from home. The pros about this hotel are - Value for money, Free Wi-fi, Breakfast, Complimentary Pickup/Drop. For this price, I do not think any other hotel can beat it, with all the facilities, offered.

Room Tip: Try for a room, any other block than in Block D. The rooms are good there, but approach is really ba...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ashbans
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The restaurant is centrally located. The food is very authentic south Indian taste. One can get different variety of dishes ranging from kerala, tamilnadu, andhra culinery.

The prcing is very reasonable. For a big family it is really budget restaurant.
The speed of service and personal attention is notable.

This is near metro station and is walkable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank IRSRAMKI
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I have stayed in hotel southern a couple of times both business and with family.
The new building rooms are better ,but this building is totally cut off from the original property which houses the reception and restaurant etc.So a minus point.
I guess they tried some sort of renovation of the original building also but how far they succeeded ...
Anyways great south indian food (although the prices are very high compared to the same menu anywhere down south with the same standard of quality)
South indians coming for the first time,not comfortable with hindi,anxious about "delhi trip" are welcome to stay here.Travel desk and restaurant are good points.
Room tariff is ok since its Delhi.However all three times I found the reception staff totally clueless about advance reservations made,type of room ,no of guest etc etc.
Staff has average professionalism.
Overall recommended as a medium budget hotel in Karol bagh area.
Dont expect super cleanliness or cockroach & free rat free rooms.
Plus point is their south indian mini super market ,good for Defence/Central govt staff posted in remote locations (Jammu and Kashmir,HP etc etc) can pick up savories and other misc eatables when on a trip to delhi....without visiting all the way ...down south.

Room Tip: Choose the new building,super deluxe or suite rooms.They are better.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MilitarySurgeon
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This centrally located hotel has many advantages for travellers who come to Delhi. To start with the hotel is exactly 20 minutes from both Airport and Railway station. Having its own restaurant and travel division this hotel is quite a package for its guests. A guest not only gets mouth watering south Indian cuisine but also gets able travel advise from its extremely talented employees who also happen to be multilingual. This hotel is always jam-packed with regular travellers and also by the pilgrim travellers who are using their pan India travel operations. Therefore i found the services at time slightly slow due to nature of the large scale operations of this hotel. But its large crowd ensure safe environment for the guests. To sum its a complete Hotel with all facilities.

Room Tip: Try to avoid using his hotel in may & June as this hotel is completely overbooked at this period...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends