“Decent budget hotel”

Ranked #583 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Bengaluru, India
“Decent budget hotel”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This is my new visit to Delhi and i am quite happy to see the Auto Expo, I was worried about where to stay in Delhi and my friends suggested me Hotel Southern, As i am from south India i too preferred the same. The hotel is quite decent and i am quite happy that i have stayed here. Food at the adyar restaurant is good, Hotel staff are quite helpful and as they have a travels next to the their building it was not difficult to move around city. i am giving only a four star coz the hotel is full packed guess due to the auto expo and the staff were quite busy attending them patiently but they made us wait till the rooms got ready. My overall experience is stay here if you are looking for authenticated south indian food and helpful staff

Room Tip: Ask them to provide room in building and inform 24 hrs before your arrival for free pickup.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
singapore
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I & my family stayed in this hotel to visit the Auto expo 2014.Let me share my experience, they contacted me one day prior my booking and confirmed my flight details to arrange airport pick for me and it was on time. As soon as I reached, the hotel the receptions welcomed me and allotted the room. The room as exactly the same as I seen on website. It was a family room with good ventilation and was very clean. Room boys are very helpful as well. They even arranged metro tickets to my door steps and suggested what are nearest sightseeing places I can visit as it was my first to Delhi. Overall my trip was excellent, My family enjoyed a lot and I have to thank Southern staff for the same.

Room Tip: Take Family room its very newly renovated
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jack7788
Chhatarpur, India
Reviewed 4 February 2014

To my expectation Super Deluxe room was very good, though was not so spacious, but enough for me to room around to feel the great environment. Clean room, good interior, wifi facility, great pure veg food in Adyaar ananda bhavan are the main points, which gave me satisfaction for my money to be worth.
Good facility of roaming around in delhi, with the help of their Travels counter. Through bus i was able to visit main monuments of delhi, of course i need to pay for it, but that section is also good. Staff at that section if so helpfull.
One point which needs to be mention is Support Staff at hotel section needs to be more helpfull, in terms of roaming around main market of karol bagh / Gaffar market. Rest they were very nice... :)

Room Tip: Super Deluxe room
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Erode, India
Reviewed 21 January 2014

i ahve booked 2 rooms of super delux type online @ paid the full amount. i have paid for extra bed also. but during check in they gave very very small rooms where you can,t move in. there is no palce to put extra bed, no place to put your luggages. rooms we have seen in the web site as super delux is differnt from what we have seen in person. when we asked they told this is super delux only. i belive hotel was busy @ that time. last year i have stayed delus room which was bigger than this only good thing is thy give free airport/ railway staioon pickup / drop

Room Tip: get super delux / suit
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ragneuro

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Terrible hotel, don't be cheated by looking at the southern travels hotel photos, extremely misleading pictures,it is nothing but cheating!!. There are insects, bugs behind the curtains, stray dogs roaming freely and barking through out the night. The cloak room is terrible. The staff is very rude and unhelpful. DONT GET CARRIED Away with their pics, the prices are not even cheap! Check in at your own risk!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Vasu R
Agra, India
Reviewed 7 January 2014

With the perfect location near 2 metro stations (Karol Bagh and Jhandewalan), its the excellent hotel with great hospitality. I often book the tours from southern travels, during my visits, i came to know about hotel southern and i booked the same during my visit to delhi. Like their tours, hotel is also superb, it came to my expectation. Great interior, supportive staff, very good wi-fi connectivity, excellent veg food. While booking a hotel everyone is concerned about 3 things Interior, food and service. Regarding food Adyar ananda bhavan gave me full satisfaction, first of all its a pure vegeterian restaurant and with variety of foods it gave me the choice to come closer to south indian food and make me in love with south indian food. My experience was excellent and "Ab baar-baar Sewa ka mauka dengey Southern Walon ;)

Room Tip: Deluxe / Super Deluxe Room with Gr8 Wi-fi facility...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I have stayed in this hotel in the last week of December 2013. Very comfortable place to stay and definitely value for money. It is located in the center of city and very much connected to every place in Delhi. Rooms are excellent and service is very good. Food in A2B is excellent and hygienic. This is definitely value for money and would definitely like to stay again in my next visit to Delhi. Thanks for making my trip as a wonderful experience

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family