Mine was a one week trip to Delhi with family and I stayed at Hotel Southern for most of the days (One day in Jaipur as part of their package tour). I will make it short...
1. The food provided at hotels while traveling to Jaipur was of very poor quality at the same costly also. For example, we ended up paying Rs90 for a curd rice for having lunch in a very unhygienic environment.
2. The delux room was very small with badly arranged furniture and untidy bathroom.
3. On the first day of the trip we gave a Jeans for dry-cleaning as per their promise that they will return it by the evening. We got the Jeans back on time, only to find that it was badly damaged. Yes. We found it ourselves, it was not pointed out by anybody from the hotel. Naturally we wanted an answer and the laundry people directly came and mentioned that it was a mistake from their boy. But as a customer I needed an answer from the hotel, not the laundry service. I called them four to five times, the answers I got was "manager will call me", "Will settle it last day". The manager didn't call me they just didn't care.
In the third day one reception staff "assured" me this is a "simple" issue and "I had agreed to leave it behind". I could not leave the issue of loosing a Jeans worth Rs 2000 just like that. Finally when I checked again and since the manager was there he was ready to talk to us. He said "it will only be settled in the last day" and didn't explain why.
While checking out, the reception staff (who said she doesn't know anything about this) handed over Rs 800 to us with no explanation on what basis this amount was calculated. Oh wait.. she didn't forget to remind me that this amount will be cut from the laundry employee's staff. So we are the cruel customers and that laundry man is the irresponsible one who made the mistake, while the hotel and it's staffs stay shining bright as always.
Now imagine how they will respond if you loose a Rs 70,000 laptop or a high end camera from the room. Since they are treating the customers like this and never ever bothered to give a proper answer and understand the concerns of the customer and kept of running away from their responsibilities, I wouldn't put my money on them.
You the reader decide..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Southern is a "Friendly Hotel" located strategically in the heart of India's capital and in close proximity to Connaught Place. We are committed to providing personalized, professional guest service and "genuine hospitality". Our mission is to create loyal, satisfied customers who will return to our hotel repeatedly because of the quality and value offered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), HostelWorld, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Southern reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotels Southern