“Terrible service.. Please read my experience and be warned.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Southern

Hotel Southern
Ranked #574 of 706 Hotels in New Delhi
Hyderabad, India
“Terrible service.. Please read my experience and be warned.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Mine was a one week trip to Delhi with family and I stayed at Hotel Southern for most of the days (One day in Jaipur as part of their package tour). I will make it short...

1. The food provided at hotels while traveling to Jaipur was of very poor quality at the same costly also. For example, we ended up paying Rs90 for a curd rice for having lunch in a very unhygienic environment.

2. The delux room was very small with badly arranged furniture and untidy bathroom.

3. On the first day of the trip we gave a Jeans for dry-cleaning as per their promise that they will return it by the evening. We got the Jeans back on time, only to find that it was badly damaged. Yes. We found it ourselves, it was not pointed out by anybody from the hotel. Naturally we wanted an answer and the laundry people directly came and mentioned that it was a mistake from their boy. But as a customer I needed an answer from the hotel, not the laundry service. I called them four to five times, the answers I got was "manager will call me", "Will settle it last day". The manager didn't call me they just didn't care.

In the third day one reception staff "assured" me this is a "simple" issue and "I had agreed to leave it behind". I could not leave the issue of loosing a Jeans worth Rs 2000 just like that. Finally when I checked again and since the manager was there he was ready to talk to us. He said "it will only be settled in the last day" and didn't explain why.

While checking out, the reception staff (who said she doesn't know anything about this) handed over Rs 800 to us with no explanation on what basis this amount was calculated. Oh wait.. she didn't forget to remind me that this amount will be cut from the laundry employee's staff. So we are the cruel customers and that laundry man is the irresponsible one who made the mistake, while the hotel and it's staffs stay shining bright as always.

Now imagine how they will respond if you loose a Rs 70,000 laptop or a high end camera from the room. Since they are treating the customers like this and never ever bothered to give a proper answer and understand the concerns of the customer and kept of running away from their responsibilities, I wouldn't put my money on them.

You the reader decide..

Room Tip: Never go for 216,217 (Don't know the quality of other delux rooms)
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sprmenon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

A Cozy little hotel in Karol Bagh Delhi , stayed at this place for a day back in December 2013 while on a solo Trip to Northern India , Great little hotel with small and Cozy rooms , clean rooms and Bathrooms , highly Cooperative Staff , was served really good south Indian Breakfast here ,all south Indian food is authentic and great at this hotel . Will recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a short stay in Delhi.
There is one little down side to this hotel , i.e they have four building spread across the street ,right next to one another , you may get a room allocated in any one of these buildings, but this should not affect much unless you are huge group of people.
Also people who are looking for a great surrounding this hotel is not for you , be here only for a warm, comfortable ,clean stay and also for it's South Indian Food ;)

Room Tip: Choose Rooms in the main Hotel.They are better.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have stayed in several hotels in Delhi and this was my least favorable. Poor breakfast and service is really horrible. I stayed in different rooms (after going on packaged tours). Some rooms only have indian showers. Often no toiletpaper/soaps/towels. It's also windy and loud in the rooms. Reception staff is okay, the rest not so much, except downstairs where you can order roomservice. Wouldn't recommend it.. there are very good hotels nearby where you can go after the tour. Also had bad experiences with the travel agency Southern Travels (though the drivers/tourguids were good).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Patrick B

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I have read all the reviews and thought the hotel is not that much good, but until i checked in i came to know the hotel is awesome and the staff are quite nice. NO doubt this is the best hotel in the vicinity the staff are quite helpful and it id quite near to the Karol bagh market where you can buy the entire world. Awseome rooms and experience provided by Hotel Southern

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Korba, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

It is good hotel in karol bagh starting at Rs 2000/- approx per day. services and food quality is good. supermarket is underground. karol bagh is very near. walking distance for bikaner sweets.parking is ok. Only thing is that same items (south indian ) are served in complimentary breakfast.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

This is my new visit to Delhi and i am quite happy to see the Auto Expo, I was worried about where to stay in Delhi and my friends suggested me Hotel Southern, As i am from south India i too preferred the same. The hotel is quite decent and i am quite happy that i have stayed here. Food at the adyar restaurant is good, Hotel staff are quite helpful and as they have a travels next to the their building it was not difficult to move around city. i am giving only a four star coz the hotel is full packed guess due to the auto expo and the staff were quite busy attending them patiently but they made us wait till the rooms got ready. My overall experience is stay here if you are looking for authenticated south indian food and helpful staff

Room Tip: Ask them to provide room in building and inform 24 hrs before your arrival for free pickup.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I & my family stayed in this hotel to visit the Auto expo 2014.Let me share my experience, they contacted me one day prior my booking and confirmed my flight details to arrange airport pick for me and it was on time. As soon as I reached, the hotel the receptions welcomed me and allotted the room. The room as exactly the same as I seen on website. It was a family room with good ventilation and was very clean. Room boys are very helpful as well. They even arranged metro tickets to my door steps and suggested what are nearest sightseeing places I can visit as it was my first to Delhi. Overall my trip was excellent, My family enjoyed a lot and I have to thank Southern staff for the same.

Room Tip: Take Family room its very newly renovated
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family