“Went downhill in a hurry”
Review of Baci

Baci
Ranked #3,127 of 12,989 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mehrauli/Qutub Minar
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I first wrote a review of Baci back in 2011 and was very impressed then. Haven't really gone back until a couple of months ago. On that occasion the food was, frankly, just bad. Much too greasy, sloppy execution, not impressed with the service. Everybody can have a bad day so thinking it was just a one-off slip I let it go. Alas...went back there yesterday and got a repeat performance along the same lines. Don't know what happened to them but ingredient quality, preparation and service have gone into a serious nosedive. The food was heavy (and we're not talking about an item that's supposed to be heavy/filling) and badly prepared. Keeping in mind the price point I can no longer recommend them and it'll be a long time before (if) I give them another try.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Went there with family.. we had the calamari which was baby size but tasted well / brochette was ok and a margarita pizza... for the main course had a tenderloin burger which we asked to be medium rare but came very very well done and tasted aweful, which was very bad and we ask it to be taken back but were still charged for it. even asked while paying are you sure and the waiter said yes !! Lasagne was okay. Sea Bassa grilled was good. For the deserts we had Tiramasu which was very creamy and the cake was frozen which felt that the dish came right out of a freezer. Creme Brule was just frozen creme... all in all bad food ! Ambience was okay

Reviewed 22 March 2013

This is a place which is time tested. I have been here several times. Everytime the experence is wonderul. The food is super and top on tastes, flavours and authenticity. I simple love it. It is a relaxed place, last order is 1115 or 30 pm:)) and staff is effecient and very pleasant. Nicely tucked away in sunder nagar market. Decently priced. It is a must repeat visit place :)

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Being a fan of spaghetti alla vongole, I always judge an Italian restaurant by how good this is - or whether they serve it at all! On visits to Delhi, I have been to Baci several times. It is a very relaxed restaurant with cheerful service. The food is excellent. It is also reasonably priced for Delhi.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

I have eaten here a couple of times recently, though all were very light meals. I'm a vegetarian with food allergies that can be really challenging, but they had no problem at all accommodating me. I've had the superb pumpkin ravioli that was done to perfection, as well as a vegetable lasagna that was done perfectly.

Service was excellent, though I was there each time before they got too busy. The staff were very friendly.

Decor is classy and pleasant, though nothing much out of the ordinary.

This is a place I will happily be coming back to again and again.