“Good Budget Hotel in a Wrong Location”

Hotel Grand Park Inn
Ranked #103 of 712 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 8 May 2014

There has been lot of discussions about this property & The man managing the show here, a big thanks to Mr.Pai from my side on helping us to look for a cab for sightseeing to the directions provided about various shopping places in Karol Bagh, but I will stick to more about the property.

Hotel Location:
This is located about 14 KMS from the Delhi Airport in the ever bustling Karol Bagh area. This is located on a narrow road i.e. Abdul Rahman Road

Hotel Parking:
This would be a problem for people driving down as the hotel is located bang on the street, so very limited chances of a Hotel Park area, and is advised not to park considering the density of traffic plying on this narrow street.

Hotel Rooms:
The rooms are kept very neat, even though I had booked for a normal double bedded room; the person at the counter was nice enough to upgrade the same to a much bigger room having 3 beds which was a nice gesture. But I personally felt the window a/c installed in the rooms are not good enough for the room area, the sleep area was really good. But there was a let down on the wash room and the bathroom fittings, as I felt they were a bit run down on the quality of the shower and the big letdown was that the room I stayed did not have a health faucet. Apart from these couple of things I did not have any major drawbacks on the room front. The other major problem is that as most of the people have already expressed about the location of this property, there is a continuous noise from the various workshops around this hotel which can be irritating at some times and the rooms are also not sound proof, also there is a Small eatery located below this hotel and is open till late hours and opens very early in the morning, so this also adds up to the mess.

Hotel Restaurant:
The roof area has been converted as an open Restaurant.
Though the hotel confirmed that they would provide Indian Complimentary, but I was not comfortable with it, as it was more of a set breakfast, either have 2 parotas / a couple of slices of bread which was more tailor made for the westerners and not for Indians. If anybody is on a holiday, they normally would look forward for a good spread of breakfast which was not the case herewith. Apart from the breakfast I had some snacks here which was quite ok, since Karol Bagh has many restaurants that should stop anybody for hunting for food.

Hotel Staff:
There is actually no professional Setup as such, but the boys in the hotel are more than professionals to go out of their way to make our stay at the hotel as comfortable as possible. So Kudos to the Team boys working round the clock here.

Overall:
For the pricing offered this & it transiting Delhi and wants to stay overnight, is a good deal, but somebody who is on a little longer holiday with family can really give this skip as there are other options available in the same area.

Room Tip: Avoid taking the rooms facing the road as there will be plenty of noise to keep you awake.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kiran K
There are newer reviews for Hotel Grand Park Inn

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed for a night and found very good hotel rooms with good room service. Recommended for people who wish to stay in Karolbagh area in New Delhi. Rooms are tidy. We took a family room and found 3 separate beds (one master bed, two single beds)perfect for our family.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Satyamalladi
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Just returned from another visit to Dehli and another stay at The Grand Park Inn. We were on a family holiday and needed to travel to and from Delhi and Jullundhar a thus stayed at this hotel 3 times in the space of 2 weeks. On all 3 stays the hotel met our expectatations. It was clean, located very close to Karol Bagh where we did our shopping. The staff were really helpful and Madan Pai arranged many taxis for us that were always reliable. Had food a couple of times on the rooftop which was very tasty and good value for money.
Overall we would recommend this as a excellent base for a stay in Dehli. Will definantly be returning

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The Hotel Grand Park Inn was a great stop on the front and back end of our trip. The staff is very welcoming and accommodating and the hotel is very clean and quiet at night. The location can be challenging if you are not familiar with getting around Delhi and is in the middle of a very busy automotive district, so keep that in mind. In Delhi, most hotels you find will be in the middle of some busy area, unless you're spending big $$$ to be in the VIP area, so I think this is the norm more than the exception.
Host Madan Pai will assist in any of your travel needs, and is very kind and helpful! He made our stay most memorable!
The hotel is also located about 4 blocks away from the Metro station and it is a quick walk or tuk tuk ride.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I initially booked this hotel for a 5 nights stay directly via email. I was already in India for a tour prior to this and did not receive any update until the eve of my stay, when I had to call the hotel to reconfirm and they mentioned that they never received my confirmation. I was updated a while later after another call as regards the booking for the room is accepted - a family room (quad one). I was quite less anxious that I finally got the confirmation that I was having an accommodation when landing in Karol Bagh.
Unfortunately, when checking in, the hotel was not that much as advertised and I totally agree with others who have commented. It is in the middle of automobile / spare parts region of Karol Bagh - just at the start and not much convenient. It is impossible to walk on sidewalks as cars and motorcycles have crowded the area. When in the room, I was checking the wifi which seems to be having some problems - I informed the front office immediately and the latter told me all was fine. When leaving the room about 30 mins after check in for a stroll around, I rechecked on 3 devices (2 iPhones and 1 Android Tablet) and it was not working - I then informed the front office that one of the main reasons for booking at this establishment was because of the wifi - not even the food as all I was willing to have is a good rest place, a clean bathroom and washroom as well as stable wifi. The latter checked my devices and could not do much about it and I then notified him that if when I return same was still the case, I would have to leave the hotel. Some 2 hours later, I was back to the hotel and the wifi was still problematic - he took my mobile phone and went on the cached pages - and showed me that internet was available. I was surely not happy and informed him that I am checking out right away as I would be having other arrangements. It was then that when I reached the room, he called me in the room to inform that he was sending someone to check again on the wifi. The hotel guy who was sent simply did not knock at the door and tried to open directly - hopefully it was locked from inside. They shared with me that the have changed / restarted some stuffs so that it can work. But on my side, the decision was made - I had to leave as the hotel was not that much appealing, nor the service and the area as it was mentioned in the description. They asked me to settle for one night stay, when I checked in at 12h30 and left the room for a stroll at 13h00. I was much annoyed with this practice as I would have surely paid if it was only that I had to check out for any other reasons, but not for reasons whereby I am not being satisfied and informed them. At the front office, the owner was also there and he mentioned that wifi was only complimentary and not a guaranteed service and it may work as it might not as well.. Hopefully I argued with him and did not have to settle anything.. Thanks god!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Manager_MP, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Grand Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the review on Trip Advisor.

As per the email conversation we never got a confirmation mail from your side regarding your stay although you were provided all the information such as tariff and hotel policies alongwith an email for your VISA documentation. You contacted us over the phone after landing in India and reached Jaipur, even after not receiving the email from your side we confirmed it on the phone as a goodwill gesture.

You have selected our hotel after scrutinizing many reviews and other hotels on this portal ,which clearly indicates that you were aware the hotel and its surroundings.

As regards the WI-FI facility at the hotel which we provide complimentary to our guests. But sometimes the problem arises with some smart phone devices due to their internal security locks(company locked phones) because at that time our I phones and 2 computers which are also complimentary for the guests use were working on the same network, and this was brought to your notice when you came to the reception and one of your I phones was working .Also it is seen from the other reviews on Trip Advisor that our valued guest have enjoyed free WI- FI during their stay at our hotel.

After you checked in and came back after 2 hrs as mentioned the WI-FI was still working but in the meantime you found a cheaper hotel in the same area of Karol Bagh for which you have posted a review which clearly indicates that your intention of putting this review was not the customer service but the financial aspect of the same.

Hence you checked out of the hotel after keeping the room occupied for 3 hours without paying and threatened the on duty staff,owner to put a bad review on the portal.

We always take the reviews and the feedbacks by our valued guest in a very positive manner to the extent where truth prevails and we at the hotel are committed to give best of the services and comfortable stay for all our guests.

Thanks & Regards

Hotel Grand Park Inn

Reviewed 8 March 2014

The best thing about the hotel is the their service. Everyone right from the owner, manager to the room service boys all are very helpful and are at the service with a smile. We were family of four and got the Family room. The room was pretty spacious and comfortable. No complaints about the cleanliness or the bed. The breakfast offered along with the room is very ordinary. Just paratha or poori with some juice. No buffet breakfast. Also the restaurant is not great better to eat outside. The bathroom is little cramped and you have to call the front desk for hot water. While you use hot water room AC cannot be used. The market is nearby and there is one A2B restaurant nearby for south indian food.

Pros:
1. Service
2. Rooms are spacious and neat
3. Very near to the metro station. Walkable distance.

Cons:
1. Location. Very bad. In a very small busy and noisy street in Karol Bagh
2. Nothing fancy about the hotel. Ordinary budget hotel feel.

Bottomline: Nothing to complain about but you can get better options for the same price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Raak_Rajan
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Location not good,in the middle of m/cycle repair district so mess and oil and nowhere decent to eat.R100 tuk tuk will get you to Red Fort and Connaught Sq,but be very positive as every one we went in wanted to take us to a fake tourist info where they get a commission.Bed linen grey.A dissappointment really,wished we had gone for a better hotel in Delhi.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple