Hotel Chanchal Deluxe
US$104
US$134
US$105
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$308
US$80
US$64
Travelocity
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We stayed here last year and so came back this time. The rooms are still good - if anything slightly better than last time. Clean, big enough, bathrooms are fine, restaurant is still great value and the rooftop breakfast is a marvellous bonus. We just got an odd feeling about the new management (or at least new staff at reception). We paid 350 Rs prepaid taxi from the airport, they wanted to charge us 600 Rs for the return. We said no, unsurprisingly, and tried the travel desk in the lobby who offered us a cheaper price! It was still more than 350 but it confirmed our suspicion that management was out to make money from unsuspecting tourists. A shame really as the hotel itself is good.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ed_Hellings
BhaskarNewDelhi, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chanchal Deluxe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thank you for choosing our “Hotel Chanchal Deluxe” for your recent stay in City (New Delhi).

In our constant endeavor to provide you better services, your valuable inputs and feedback is important and will help us to further improve our services. We sincerely assure you of our consistent efforts to come up to your expectations and provide delightful service experience in future.

We look forward to welcome you back at Hotel Chanchal Deluxe.

Best Regards,
Guest Relationship Team

Reviewed 27 March 2012

So let me tell you how the management may take advantage of an unexperienced traveller like myself. I just visited the place and usually woulnt write such a petty review, but I feel that people shouldnt make the same mistakes I made.

It was my first time in delhi and my first time in india for that matter, so after I took a prepaid taxi to the hotel and the driver tried the usual bring-the-traveller-to-a-travel-agency-scam i arrived. The staff of the actual hotel was nice, but the manager who had his little office next door acquired my trust by telling me horrific stories about tourist getting ripped off left and right and that I was safe with him.
He then commenced in using that trust to overcharge me for taxi rides in the city, traintickets and stay in a hotel in agra, which I had to pay upfront.
All in all i was very disappointed and didnt feel comfortable.
It may have been my naivity that i ultimately had to pay for but its a shame that the manager of 3 hotel is willing to rip his already paying customers up so much.
I paid for a trainticket to agra and from agra to jaipur 1000rs each(the tickets each werent worth more than 500) and for a stay in a decent but off the center hotel in agra 2500rs for one night. I managed to fend off a tour with one of his drivers in agra, that would have been another 3500.

Really cannot reccomend this place to anyone. Its best to stay on your own and stick to friends' and travel guidebooks to avoid scams like this.

Room Tip: AC in my room didnt work as did the shower
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank VentureBrotherK
BhaskarNewDelhi, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chanchal Deluxe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thank you for choosing our “HotelBalaji Deluxe” for your recent stay in City (New Delhi).
Ref to your review, we had investigated the matter and did not find such a booking in our records. we also have noticed that there is a contradictory statement in your review (“It was your first visit in India” ), whereas you have mentioned your country name as “Arambol, India”.
Besides it, we have a certain guidelines and parameter set by our Management for each travel arranment done by our In-house Travel Desk and also have a CRM team to ensure quality/ value .
We are still taking your feedback in a positive manner and would request you to help us in investigating the matter simply by mailing us your reservation & contact details at feedback@chanchal-hotels.com , so that needful could be done accrodingly.

We look forward to see you back at Hotel Chanchal Deluxe.

Best Regards,
Customer Relationship Team

Reviewed 1 March 2012

lashings of hot water in the bthcrooms but in noisy rooms. Don't get next to the lift shaft, really noisy, but the breakfast was really good around the corner in the Chanchal Delux(much posher) would stay here again, if only for the great nosh!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank roodaloo
Reviewed 6 February 2012

+ The location didn’t disappoint us. It’s located just 5 min to the train station and in the heart of backpagers area. They also offer free pick up from the airport.

+ The hotel doesn’t lack staff and they are very friendly.

+ Hotel restaurant is fantastic, cheap and great reliable food. Don´t miss breakfast.

- Not shiny clean room according to western standards.

- Small insects in the bathroom, I didn’t dare to ask their names.

- Noisy, old and difficult to control air conditioning. Don’t forget earplugs and take extra blanket.

Soon after you arrive at the hotel you´ll be offered to book a trip with the hotel travel agency, we hired a driver with them. If you have time and you don’t have a lot of money to spend check prices in the area, haggle and take into account that during the whole trip whatever the option you choose is very unlikely that you won´t end up in a restaurant/hotel/shop where the driver won´t take commission from you. Don´t be shy to haggle even if you see written prices, sometimes you´ll be asked to pay more than ten times the price you should pay. The first day we were lost for 3 hours and we arrived to a city we haven’t agreed with our 20 years experience Rajasthan tour driver and he easily got lost when arriving to a place he didn’t have commission in. Take into account you are in India and you will be all trip dealing with commission men.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank david j
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Don't let the photos mislead you, this hotel is definitely not worth the money it costs (offical rate 1,600 rupees). Yes, it is conveniently located near New Delhi railway station (and airport express metro link) but that's basically it. It is hidden in a dark and bleak alley, full of rubbish and stray dogs and it's not easy to find. So be prepared for touts trying to take you somewhere else while wandering through this horrible area of Delhi.

I received an uninterested welcome by a not very professional receptionist, then I was shown my room. I was given the option to stay at another hotel they belonged because there were works going on, but I preferred to stay as I was exhausted from the intercontinental flight. I will not comment on the noise then, which I decided to bear.

The room was worn and dirty, sheets stained, windows not sealed and the extractor in the toilet - which was horrendous - was actually a fan pushing air out of a hole in the wall, all of which caused the cold January Delhi air to flow freely through the room. There was a decrepit air conditioning device and a heater which obviously didn't work.

When I woke up early to catch a train I found someone sleeping on a mattress in the corridor outside my room, as well as the receptionist, who was sleeping on a sofa.

I was glad I was only staying two nights, in fact when I was back in Delhi after my tour in Rajasthan I went somewhere else.

The only good things I found were hot water, which was available whenever I needed it and abundant, and breakfast, which was served in a decent room and was buffet-style with hot and cold dishes. I just had cereals but the hot food didn't look bad.

Unless it's your last resort, stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo