“Great Location, but a window would be welcome”
Review of Hotel Swati

Hotel Swati
Ranked #154 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
London, United Kingdom
“Great Location, but a window would be welcome”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This hotel has a great location for the shopping area and has a brilliant restaurant serving amazing thali's for great prices. And all you can eat too. Our stay was just about comfortable, with rooms small and no window in either of the rooms we were shown. The noise and telephone from the other rooms and corridor was disturbing especially since we had a long journey. It was not much to rate except the reception was very helpful and we only had an overnight stay before we moved on.

Room Tip: Go for the deluxe rooms, the standard is too small for 2 people
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
mumbai
Reviewed 6 July 2012

If you are looking for an effortless journey, or you are a first time visitor to Delhi and don't want to stay in an expensive hotel.... try the Swati Hotel ...Just sit back and let them show you what service means! The place is so clean. Perfect for a stay when you are on a business trip or even on vacation. Peaceful and quiet the place is very serene. The food is also delightful!

Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Mumbai
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Swati is the finest hotel in Karol Bagh area of Delhi. Rooms are great and make you feel at home. The hotel also has a popular restaurant 'Suruchi' that serves great Gujarati and Rajasthani thalis. Food at this restaurant is simply awesome. Staff is polite and the facilities provided impress one and all whether you are on vacation or a business trip. Would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to come back to this hotel soon and stay for a longer duration than this time.

Room Tip: Go for the executive rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We stayed in Swati Hotel for one night. One of the best hotels that we have stayed in during our 11 days India trip last month. Swati hotel clearly has great staff, their service is excellent. They helped us a lot. The area is great. The hotel's restaurant only serves Vegetarian food which Is very tasty indeed. The room is really cozy. Bathroom is clean and hygienic. Definitely recommended !

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
london
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We chose the Swati from the internet - reliable airport pickup (with A/C - important in April!), large room for the four of us, Karol Bargh market was fun to shop and not a touristy area. Loved the monkey temple close by. The restaurant downstairs was delicious and we had no problems here with the food - there are only a few selections of all you can eat thalis but the flavours are wonderful and all four of us at for 700-1000 rupees (£10-13). Loved the masala chai at breakfast, too. Seemed like most of the people in the hotel were South Asian travellers, who also seemed to be enjoying the restaurant. We had massages at the Manjishta Ayurvedic Spa down the street, who even came up with treatments for our kids. We were so happy to get back to the hotel each evening. Clean, cool, well-appointed and great service. Thanks, Swati!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jillinitaly
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We were met efficiently at the airport.
We had a suite, so had windows onto the street which was interesting to view. The bedroom and linen seemed clean, but the bathroom needed a deep clean, though sanitary ware etc seemed clean. A blanket that they brought us on request was a stained poor quality item. Reception staff were sometimes helpful, but didn't order us a taxi when they should have which caused problems. We didn't try the breakfast, but the Suruchi restaurant was an experience, with the waiters in traditional costumes filling up our thali trays with veggie curries, chutneys and lots of other things. A room service meal was OK and plentiful. We felt quite safe at the hotel, and the neighbourhood was colourful. Maybe a 15 minute walk to the Metro, which was quite easy to use.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Sueandallan27
Forest Hills, New York
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Hotel Swati does the job for the price. It's in a decent area, the room is sanitary, and the manager speaks good English. It's also good that there's a restaurant in the hotel; you'll be too exhausted at the end of a day to go out onto the streets of Delhi.

Only one problem. I was told that when I flew into Delhi that there would be a hotel driver with a placard at the airport. I arrived at the airport, and I did not see the driver. I had to take an airport taxi back to the hotel. I was told that the hotel driver was trying to call my mobile number and it didn't make sense for the following reasons: (1) I was told that he would be identifying himself with a placard, and (2) Why would I have my US mobile phone on upon my arrival to India? When I checked out, they still charged me for the hotel taxi. When I asked why they were charging me when he didn't make himself known, the manager said that I should have called the hotel when I didn't see him. Obviously, I did not have a foreign mobile phone upon my arrival at the airport, and it would not make sense to incur roaming charges on my US mobile phone. However, they did not charge me for early check-in and they cut the service charges, so I dropped the issue. I feel though that people should know about this before choosing this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo