“AWESOME FOOD AND SERVICES IN KAROLBAGH AREA”

Maurya Heritage Hotel
Ranked #414 of 707 Hotels in New Delhi
new delhi
“AWESOME FOOD AND SERVICES IN KAROLBAGH AREA”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The generously built home with marble floor represents the real and rich Indian colonial period.I was able to stay for a comparatively cheap price but it was in august ,metro also close and the view the room was very comfortable good hotel in karol bagh location.The kitchen and the real Indian food taste with uses of real Indian spices and exquisite Indian cuisine in an informal settings.services of staff are very attentive and obedient.Highly recommended,I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: front side rooms are sunny and quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank dreamparius

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 7 September 2013

While my visit to india I had been to delhi and had put up in a hotel in karol bagh named Maurya Heritage...I had a pleasent stay with all facilities asked for.The owner of the hotel named Mr Rakesh was very supportive and aranged taxi when ever I requested for.Also I was served food when ever I ordered specially at odd times...:)

Just loved my stay at this hotel and would suggest to go for this as a choice if you wanna stay connected to the heart of the city and enjoy...

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Sreekta M
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 29 August 2013

An NRI relative of mine recommended this hotel when she learnt that I was going to Delhi with my family for a few days. She had stayed there in 2011 along with her daughter for one whole month and was very satisfied. As I was traveling with my family I decided to take a safe bet and went there.

The hotel is situated a couple of minutes walking distance from Karol Bagh Metro station and hence well connected. We had no problem getting transport like autos, metro or buses to go to various tourist spots of Delhi. There are a lot of shopping places in and around the area.

We had taken two double rooms with one extra bed on the first floor. Both rooms were spacious and had a nice view of a green stretch behind the hotel. The beds were clean and comfortable. The bathrooms were sanitized and clean.

Room service was satisfactory and the management was courteous and polite. Food provided was good compared to the price.

For the rates they charge, this hotel is excellent

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the park at the back are very good.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sahmedcal
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This property is reasonable priced, Big Rooms and Clean Rooms, Polite Staff, Centrally Located - Very Near to India Gate, Metro Station (Airport 15/20 minutes away by Metro Train). Hotel arranged for Taxi at reasonable price.

Overall great value for Money. Highly Recommended !!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kkarma
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 16 August 2013

This is my 5th visit to this hotel. This time I had visited with my family and friends. There are three important things to share with you all about this hotel.
1. Staff and owner: Is very good and responsive, especially I have noticed that the owner of this hotel takes personal care of every visitor - always jovial !!!
2. Distance: As it is in the heart of the city it just takes 10-20 minutes to reach important places of Delhi
3. Food: is excellent we love to order food over here.
Being a trainer I had visited many countries and places but I did not enjoy the food or service like this (seriously)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SureshHebbani
Noprthumberland, UK
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This hotel is in an obscure back street, my taxi driver had trouble finding it at all. The photographer who took the shots for the website is a magician, it bears not resemblance to the reality.

The staff, all male, wore grubby livery shirts; the antique lift doesn't work; my room was indescribably filthy. The AC unit was more or less propped in a hole in the wall with mosquitoes happily buzzing in and out of the gaps around it. I didn't even look at the bedding. But the bedside rug was choked with debris. The door had no means of being secured from the inside, the bolt at the top of the door had been forced at some time and the loop was bent back so that the bolt couldn't hold. I piled furniture against the door and phoned a decent hotel who sent a car to fetch me.

If you were brave enough to try eating there they send out for food from a local cafe. You have to pay for a bottle of water.

I'm not usually that easily rattled, travel on my own quite a bit and use budget hotels around Europe. But this was terrifying. I had been in India for two weeks so it's not as though I had any false idea about the place but I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT ANY WESTERN TRAVELLER WOULD RATE THIS "HOTEL" HIGHER THAN TERRRIBLE. DO NOT BELIEVE ANY REVIEWS FROM A NON-INDIAN THAT SAYS THE PLACE IS CLEAN OR SAFE. And I believe that any decent reviews from Indian nationals are probably made up or paid for by the hotel.

If I could rate this place lower than terrible I would.

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless you are both desperate and almost destitute you'd be as well to sleep o...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank PollyGone

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We had booked a hotel for when we flew into Delhi. When we got there the cab driver couldnt find the hotel and took us to a 'tourist information centre' for help. They 'called our hotel' and they said it was overbooked. They preceded to take us to this hotel instead. It was dirty, especially the bathroom- and I could swear there was some sort of riot happening at reception at about 2am.

The hotel must have had a relationship with this tourist office as Every time we left the hotel, they would take us to this scamming tourist information centre, who were intent on ripping us off as much as they could.

Needless to say we called our original hotel and transferred the next day

Untrustworthy!! Don't do it!

It tainted our first impression of India and made us very sceptical of everyone!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple