“It's good for it's value”

Ranked #114 of 941 Speciality Lodging in New Delhi
Hong Kong, China
“It's good for it's value”
Reviewed 22 October 2007

We went to Delhi for a bussiness trip and stayed there for 4 days in April. I could tell you we arrived really late and the check in experience was not very smooth.. we waited forever before they take us to the room.
However, the rooms are clean and brand new. Expect for the part that they don't really have hot water... breakfast are included..but I can't really read the menu.. haha.. coz they are not the names that I'm familiar with.
However, the staff are very nice and helpful. Our last day, me and my friend was sick and we couldn't leave the hotel till late that evening coz the flight was very late. Then, we stayed in the reception desk. The staff there offered us a room without extra charge for us to take rest. That was very nice of him and he refuse to take our money when we offer him.

Besides, there is a night market very close to the hotel. We shop there a lot.... and the Subway is walking distance. You can take a subway to downtown. In general the people are quite nice over there. And there is a Chinese restaurant nearby also. It is not a grand hotel but it was a pleasant for a stay.

• Liked — It is clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — Don't really sure about when should I eat my breakfast.. or when are they having room service...
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2007

good clean hotel. I would stay for a few days but not a week.great rooftop for beer andf ood

• Liked — Location was great
  • Disliked — dated
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled solo
Sweden
Reviewed 8 March 2007

When reading the other reviews for this hotel, I wonder if we had been staying at the same hotel.

We were staying there for four nights during two periods in November 2006 and were very satisfied with almost everything at the hotel. The staff was very helpful and kind, the rooms were very clean. The only negative remark concerns the breakfast, which turned out to be a bit arbitrary – sometimes ready in the breakfast restaurant, sometimes not, which meant that we had to wait for about half an hour for it to be served. Another thing that puzzled us was the absence of top bed sheets in the beds, only bed covers.

Although located in a very busy area, the rooms were surprisingly quiet, maybe because they were not having any windows. The hotel is very close to some good restaurants, to the metro station and to the local street-market nearby.

This is not a de-luxe hotel, but taking into account the price of the rooms, my impression is that you get much for the money. I have travelled extensively in South Asia and in Africa and can compare this ho-tel to other cheap hotels and found this one highly recommendable. Next time we’ll visit Delhi, we will definitely put up at the same hotel and I have already recommended it to a friend who visited it in Janu-ary 2007 and who was also very satisfied with her stay.

• Liked — Location of the hotel and quality of the rooms
  • Disliked — The arbitary breakfast service
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with family
5 Thank silSweden
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 31 January 2007

I was "reassigned" here from another Karol Bagh hotel (Sun City Hotel). If you are expecting a hostel instead of a hotel, this might be passable. I wasn't and found the stark, noisy, windowless rooms with only a bottom sheet on the beds rather off-putting. I couldn't get hot water, the room phones didn't work (all outside calls had to be made from the front desk phone), and the 'room service' was basically a surly fellow asking if he could bring me a beer. I didn't take him up on it.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The noise of the room from the lobby
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank Banks3

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Finland
Reviewed 16 January 2007

This really was a Hotel Nightmare for us. My mother and me stayed one night in this hotel that my Travel Agent booked for us.When we arrived to the hotel, we were probably offered the worst room in the hotel.We walked into the room (402) and we could feel the chill, it was freezing cold.Room was on the upper floor which had one open wall outside, so the corridor was freezing too (it was January).We went back to the lobby and told the manager that we want another room that this room was way too cold.There was an Enghlish gentleman in the lobby, a hotel guest, who immediately asked from us, were we talking about room 402, that he was there one night and it was veeery cold and noicy.We were shown another room.It also felt cold because there was no warm airconditioning.We said we´ll take the room if we get a heater.Heater was promised to us.We left our bags to the hotel room and whet to the city.

On our return to the hotel in the evening we were surprised when there still was no heater in the room.We asked from the manager for it, and he said it will take one hour to come, that they have to pick it up from somewhere else.We waited one hour in the room keeping our overcoats on and still feeling cold and waiting for the heater.1,5 hours past and we went to the lobby to ask for the heater.Manager told it should arrive any minute now.We said that we will wait in the lobby until we get the heater.Finally I had to call to our travel agent that we have to change the hotel.He said it was only possible the next day so we had no choice but to stay there or pay again for another hotel.We later realised that the manager was not even going to arrenge us the heater and he had no interest informing us about it, even when we said we will wait in the lobby until it arrives.He did not even offer us more blankets.Our bed had only a bedcover, not even a blanket!We begged an extra bedcover from the room service boy.The manager´s behaviour towards us was very condescending, I found no other reason for it than the fact that we were women.As a thanks for this awful night in the hotel my mother got a terrible flu and cough and we had to end our holiday earlier.I would not recomment this hotel to anybody.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The manager and staff and cold room
  • Tips/Secrets — Avoid this hotel!
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled with family
6 Thank metropolitanian
Ireland
Reviewed 3 January 2007

We stayed two nights in the Vishal and the place should be knocked. Trying to escape the hussle and bustle out on the street is a definite no no, the dirt, noise and pollution awaits you in your cell like room, with nicely decorated toilets with complimentary brown specks. Then after you contemplate this you notice the beds and fear for your life. But all is not lost a lovely man, works next door and his smooth talking will have you on the next available flight to Kashmir!! With promises that he will look after you if war should break out! Enjoy

• Liked — The front door
  • Disliked — The bedrooms
  • Tips/Secrets — A double room should cost no more than 200RS. We were ripped off.
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled with friends