“Avoid” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

One of the worst hotels have ever come across. Staff is arrogant & ill-behaved right from the reception to the restaurant; at breakfast we requested for an omelette instead of boiled egg but were flatly refused saying this is all we have. Well, I guess it takes lesser time to make an omelette than to boil an egg to perfection. The rooms was full of cockroaches & bathroom stinking of dead rat. I would strictly advice people to stay away from this hotel even if your stay is limited to 5-6 hours like us.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JayeshVasani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

In all my years of travel, this is by far the worst hotel I have ever visited in the world. And when I say stinks I mean both figuratively and literally. The room had the odour of sewage, everything is old and dated, the sheets had stains on them. I was very close to lying down on the couch in the hall way because I found the room so disgusting. About two hours into my sleep I felt itchy all over, don't have any idea what the cause of this was. Staff don't seem to care about keeping quiet when they are going through the hallways. The only benefit is that it is a 5 minute drive to the international terminal, which is great because you will want to distance you self as much as possible when you get to leave.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank OzTraveller88

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

sintra
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

This was not all an unpleasant place to stay, as I did for a large part of three weeks. I should imagine it to be fairly typical of the many other medium-range hotels in Karol Bagh, a diverse and interesting area within walking distance of the metro. The wi.fi consistently failed to work on the second floor, but it did perfectly well in the foyer subject to the usual Indian interruptions. I don't think the room got much attention while I occupied it, but that's alright, I prefer to be left alone and there was nothing wrong about what was provided. The manager had his hands full and it sometimes showed. The main criticsm I would have to make concerned the kitchen and for which I suspect just one rather tiresome individual was responsible. There was an upstairs restaurant which seemed not always to be operating but meals or snacks could be ordered to the rooms. These were rather dull and unrelenting, especially the breakfasts. Vishal Residency had been arranged for me by an extremely reliable agency, breakfast included, but I didn't know that for some time and when I did there was no refund for double payment. In short I wouldn't entirely recommend when there's so much other choice, but I don't think either it deserves to be condemned quite so savagely as I see some others have.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank brodski
Pune, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

One of the worst hotels that we have stayed in..our complete luggage had got wet because of some leakage, one night we ordered for veg dish and got non veg instead, cold tea and coffee without sugar and the story does not end here we had missed our flight because of this hotels mistake and incurred an additional expense..ppppppplllllllleeeeeesssseeeeee don’t even think of getting in this hotel..sorry it was a hostel..

Room Tip: please dont get in this hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ashish B
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

We were looking for a place close to Dehli's main attractions (museums, etc.) and we heard that this hotel had the option of in-room AC. True, it did have a small AC unit in the room BUT the AC only worked when there was power, which was less than 25% of the time. Furthermore, the sheets were dirty and the bathroom was connected to another room's bathroom; if you climbed up onthe toilet, you could look into the other person's bathroom. It was quite inexpensive but I am happy to pay a little more for clean(er) sheets, predictable AC, and privacy

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sgirguis
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2011

I unfortunately stayed here on the last night in India. After a two week trip for business travelling both North and South and as a female traveller I found hotels more than good on the rest of my trip however the Hotel Vishal Residency (hotel is a loose description) was the worst experience by far.
1) On arrival the room had not been cleaned properly. The toilet paper left in the holder was dirty! It took two trips to reception for replacement toilet paper to be offered, beforehand my claims had been literally shrugged off by the arrogant manager.
2) I booked the room mainly due to the 'free use of wifi in your room'. When I asked for the password I was pointed to the standalone PC in reception. They seemed very reluctant to give me the password and gave me two incorrect passwords before I actually got access.
3) The food served via room service was average
4) The shower was broken when I tried it in the morning,. When I rang to advise reception I was told 'hot water back on soon'. Another trip to reception finally got someone to come and see that the taps were actually broken. This was fixed by them shoving a screwdriver in the attachement and in the process the 'handyman' trod dirty foodprints all over the bathroom and bedroom. I requested this was cleaned and was faced with a dirty rag clean. The manager confirmed they had no cleaning products.
5) On check-out when I complained about my experience the arrogant manager literally waffted his hand in my face telling me to 'run along'. He has many happy customers apparently.
I wish I had had the chance to read the previous reviews before my office booked me a night here. If you do have a choice then don't stay here, it left a very bad impression of India when my stay had otherwise been only very enjoyable.
Hotel Vishal Residency is a poor excuse for a hotel, with a arrogant and unhelpful manager. Book elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank sallyl1980
India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

This is by very far the worst hotel I have stayed. The reception and the service crews do not even have the basic knowledge and understanding of english. The internet is around 1kb per second (I know because I am so irritated that I spend the time looking at the transfer activity). Being slow is one thing, the internet gets disconnected very frequently, and there is basically nothing you can do. There are essentially 2 types of breakfast only, prata or noodles, well, I guess it’s better than nothing. The tv programme also gets disconnected frequently, due to the non-payment of the tv bills which is shown on the tv. The worst of all, frequent breaking down of air-conditioning and fan altogether during the summer period. It is a waste of time trying to commute to the reception and service crews, they will only reply, "yes, yes ,yes" that's all. There are many more hotels down the stretch of NH-8, never choose this ridiculous hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business