“Good in Paharganj!”
Review of Cottage Yes Please

Cottage Yes Please
Ranked #223 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 10 November 2011

It was the best choice among the rest of the hotels in Paharganj.The bathroom was quite clean but not well preserved and the sheets had stains but these are the usual problems in india!There was not so much noise,the stuff was helpful and the price was very good (900rupees) so I think it was good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank dimitra83_1

Reviewed 24 October 2011

I checked in and was surprised at how modern the hotel seemed considering I was only paying 900 rupees for the room per night. Good a/c, telly, fairly clean bedsheets. My only proper issue with the room was that the bathroom had an infestation of some sort of fly - tiny little things, not quite fruit flies, no idea wha they were, but they seemed to congregate on the walls in the bathroom. Gick.
My real issue came when I was checking out and was on my way to go to the airport to go home. One of the notes I paid with had ink stains on it (I had gotten it like that from a bank machine!) but was otherwise pristine, no tears or anything. The guy in reception got very angry at me and said he couldn't accept it, even though it was still considered legal tender and he insisted that I go across the road and get change. I asked him what made him think the guy across the street would change it if he himself wouldn't. He started to get really agitated and was shouting at me, despite me staying calm and asking him to stay calm as well. He suggested I pay by credit card, but to be honest, I literally had no money left as this was the end of my 3 month trip backpacking around Asia (I literally had 400 rupees to my name at that stage beyond what I was paying for the room). He lost his temper again and was pounding the desk with his fists and I was actually quite afraid of him, especially given I am female and was travelling on my own. There were other people in reception who seemed a bit shocked at his outburst. I kept asking him to calm down and saying that I was trying to be reasonable and that surely if the note was legal tender he should be happy to accept it. He eventually (after shouting at me that I was not to ever stay in their hotel again!) said he would accept the 300 rupees I had on me and told me to keep my stained 500 rupee note. This was silly on his part as when I got to the airport and got to a Forex counter they happily accepted the 500 note and gave me the full value in sterling. It turns out he wouldn't have had any problem with that note he was just being contrary and actually, pretty frightening with his horrible outburst. Given the guy's behvaiour, I can't in good conscience recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank lavajonation
Reviewed 28 September 2011

this hotel is very nice very near matro and near railway satation. food owesome .just cross the hotel call malhotra place to eat south or north or wesern. room and services are very very fine. in this area very few people say good hotel around even my self i tried few before but this is a best hotel so far i found in this area for resonable price.

Room Tip: becarful from taxi and riksha driver and dont drink hot mik and lassi i dont trust these guys out ar...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank viralbaxi
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I often stay in Cottage yes please when I'm in Delhi. The rooms are clean, and I've never had a problem in all the times I've stayed there.

I paid 900rs a night, which is pretty good for the quality of the rooms. Last time I went to India for work, I stayed in the Oberoi...but stayed in India a few more days...and went here...was quite a drop in luxary...but could have been worse....AC always works, wake up call always happens.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank MattyboyLeiden
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Cottage yes please picked us up from th airport as aranged so thanks for that! The taxi they sent had seen better days but hey this is Delhi so I wasn't to worried about that.
First impressions were good, clean hotel very close to the main bazaar without being right on it. We had a room at the back so the baking dogs were kept to a minimum.

The room was fairly featureless but it was quiet and clean.

Some staff were friendly but the big boss guy was a bit grumpy.

I would stay there again but on the next trip I'll stay somewhere else for no other reason than it being different.

Brian

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank brian_mcauley
Reviewed 8 June 2011

This is the third time that I / we have stayed at this hotel and we find it to be good value, in fact, excellent value. Located in the bazaar district of New Delhi, great for us who like the bazaar atmosphere with all the varied eateries therein. At the chek in ,insist that the hot water be turned on at that momnent!!!
Warren

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Warrenbaba
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Having traveled on a real budget for 5months (100-200RS per night) we decided to treat ourselves to a more expensive hotel for a night. We chose cottage yes please because the reviews on trip advisor were good. However this is the worst hotel we have stayed at despite being over 10x more expensive than the cheapest place we have stayed. The room is small and poorly decorated. There were no sheets on the bed and the old mattress cover was dirty and smelt bad. We asked for them to make the bed and they just produced a stained grey/white sheet and no pillow cases and left it for us to make.

Next, we were dirty after a long journey on the train and wanted to take a shower. No water came out. We tried to call reception but the phone was broken so had to go downstairs. After half an hour someone fixed it (after staring pervertedly at my girlfriend in a towel). The water was luke warm for 3 minutes before turning cold.

In fact everything in the room was broken. The tv had terrible signal and the fridge wasn't working properly. Again we asked for help and the staff were extremely rude to us. The Ac was turned off for most of the day and then during the night and you had to go downstairs to ask for it to be turned back on. We woke up too hot.

As we checked out, having paid the agreed amount (900rs) we made a complaint about all the problems in the room and all the manager could do was say "Well what am i supposed to do about it?" before turning away and ignoring us.

Absolutely appalling in every way. Do not stay here; you will be very disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple