“Awesome hotel- better than a five star service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Shervani New Delhi

Shervani New Delhi
Ranked #138 of 707 Hotels in New Delhi
Toronto, Canada
“Awesome hotel- better than a five star service”
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my wife for about a week. It has all the elements of a great hotel: an awesome location, clean rooms, great staff and quality food. The area is very safe and you can't ask for more in Delhi. It is near to the market with access to banks, restaurants etc.

The staff is very helpful and treat everyone with a lot of respect. The best thing is that this attitude seems to be ingrained in all the staff members which speaks to the culture. I have also been to the Nehru Place branch of this hotel (that has a rooftop swimming pool). It is an awesome location for hosting a party for your corporate guests/employees.

I highly recommend this hotel to everyone...stay there and thank me for making the recommendation ;-)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ashishm376

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 15 November 2012

We went to Delhi to visit the Label Expo 2012. Shervani hotel was a great selection. It was very close to Pragathi Maidan. The rooms are very clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The food was excellent, Specially their orange juice is just great. We will recommend this hotel to anyone going to Delhi. All the shopping areas are very close to the hotel. Most importantly it was very safe. Thank you so much for a lovely stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank charthri s
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I have stayed 2 times in this hotel. This hotel is best hotel in Sunder Nagar area. Zoo is very close to this hotel! so many birds can be seen here.City center is just 03 kms. from this hotel.Sunder Nagar market is just 500 meters away from Shervani hotel.Rooms are good and all the modern facilities are available. Staffs are good and supporting.My friend's were staying in another hotel in this area but! when I suggested them the preferred this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sanjaydelhi01
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We were three women travellers and were really worried about our safety in a city that is becoming more unsafe for women with each passing day, and did a lot of research before making a reservation in this hotel. We had stayed here before in 1998 and had really liked it. So after ensuring it hadn't changed safety or quality-wise, we decided to stay here again. And we had no regrets, just that the room we got was really tiny even for two people, and with an extra bed added in, we had to literally hop, skip and jump to move around! But otherwise, the décor was beautiful with plush interiors, squeaky clean attached bathroom, electronic safe, tea/coffee maker, LCD TV with satellite channels, phone, mini-bar, etc. The bed linen was so soft and comfortable that we just felt like sinking into the bed and drifting off to sleep every time we saw it! The reception staff were very helpful and arranged for a cab for us for sightseeing. Although we could've got one much cheaper by directly calling a cab agency, we didn't want to take a chance in this horribly unsafe city! The cab was in excellent condition, and more importantly, the driver was very decent and respectful towards women. We were out the whole day, mainly shopping and eating, and he did not brood or make faces about having to wait for long hours! We returned to the hotel for dinner, and had some in the restaurant next to the reception. It was nothing great, but was enough to fill our stomachs and help get a sound sleep. Next morning, complimentary buffet breakfast was served at the same place. There was free wi-fi available throughout the hotel, which we did not use. But we did make use of the laptop in the lobby area to get some information. Lots of complimentary guides/maps on Delhi are kept in the reception. Feel free to pick the ones you want. We checked out at around 11am. Except for the size of our room, we had a very comfortable stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again on our next Delhi visit.

Room Tip: Take a look at the room before you give them the green signal to move your luggage in. All the rooms...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Adopt_A_Desi_Dog
chennai
Reviewed 6 June 2012

The hotel is very clean and elegant and at the same time, the rooms feel cozy. Service is good. Interiors of the hotel are quite pleasing. Very close to Metro station and easy access for other modes of transport. The hotel is situated in the main city the moment you pass the main entrance, you are completely shut-off from the noise and commotion. Food is reasonably OK. All in all a good experience and love to stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank jean d
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I had travelled to New Delhi from March 29- April 5 / 2012. Now, this hotel was hard to find via prepaid taxi. It costs me 350 INRs for one person ($8.00 dollars) we searched stopped and asked several drivers for this hotel and location. It added an additional 30 mins to my drive since he was not sure of the exact location. I gave the driver the hotel.com map and numbers but he still could not navigate us to the hotel directly. I was helped into the hotel by staff and security guard. Te neighborhood is a very suburban middle to upper class area. The hotel does have other boutique types around the corner from it. The gated area has a small snack/eateries/shopping around the corner and 1.5 blocks away.
The reviews mention some negatives however, the service was great. The front desk offered good advice, calm and timely. I had my dry cleaning done there and was returned the AM next day without a problem (rates way cheaper to have my clothes cleaned there than at home). The room I had was 303. It was a double bed and bathroom. It was presented well. The hotel does have some age to it. The building is not brand new but kept well. The bathroom was a tad more outdates and could use a facelift. It was no way near dilapidated but older “”fashioned”” or outdated. This reminds me more of a cottage setting in terms of expectations. The one thing that no other hotel could grant me is the peaceful walk and chats outside the hotel and neighborhood. I went shopping to Connaught place and was bothered nonstop for the entire time I was down there. I had NO PEACE!!! I really ended up liking my hotel much more for I was protected from that. The hotels in the Connaught place cannot grant you that for they are not gated.
The AM breakfast was ok, it was not fantastic but it served all my needs in terms of fruit, eggs, breads and social chatter and peace of mind. The hotel has a laptop in the lobby with internet plus they offer free Wi-Fi for those who had their IT devices which was a nice touch. The service team were respectful and answered to your needs as much as possible.

Overall the hotel is not the four seasons but if you have kids etc. this hotel is best suited for your family. Visit the eateries around the corner till late it is very very safe.
Oh, I visited Jaipur and Taj Mahal ask the head Taxi service boss named “”Gheet””. He arranged all the tours at better prices than the front desk.I save lots of INRs. The front desk connections charged us 7000INrs but Gheet was 4500INRs. Gheet’s father worked that same area for 30 years before he died. Gheet has now taken over from his dad’s route and area. He is honest and ""fair pricing.""" Ask the taxi guys around the corner for him. He never goes home…lol.

Room Tip: A calm and peaceful place for a family - moreso.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank 24Karats
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I had to stay in Delhi during my recent trip. Though studied in Delhi during the 80's was confused where to stay and landed at Hotel Shervani, A very caring staff and made my stay comfortable and unassuming and guided me through the day. It is very closeby to the business district and various ministries and the evenings are very pleasant with a roof top swimming pool with barbeque hand in hand with your drink and food at a affordable price. Dont miss this hotel when in delhi for its price

Room Tip: all room open outside view i suppose...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Rama Rao N
Shervani H, Manager at Shervani New Delhi, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Respected Guest,

Greetings from Shervani New Delhil.
Thanks for your wonderful review on trip advisor.
Looking forward to host you soon .

Thanks & Regards