“not for the price they charge”
Review of Hotel Good Palace

Hotel Good Palace
Ranked #226 of 712 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 28 August 2013

this hotel is good as it is close to karol bagh shopping area.so for shoppers, its a great place, with loads of window shopping too.
one thing is great, being at the heart of a noisy area , i didnt get to hear much of noise.
but rooms are old, and the bathrooms are not great, air conditions are tooooo old,
room service is pathetic..!
breakfast , comes to the room which is obviously not great..
for the price they charge u can look for other hotels in the same area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank faisaldaud
There are newer reviews for Hotel Good Palace

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Stayed here for just one night and had a very lovely experience. Staff were excellent always helpful and learning my name, also very prompt with service.In particular the waiters were very kind and ran to get us everything we required (not the usual indian condiments) with good humour. The area it was located in was very good close to everything including shopping areas. Everything was clean, neat and tidy in the room and other areas. The food was very good and served hot and fresh. I have recommended this hotel to friends staying in Delhi and will again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel M
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I stayed at the Good Palace for 13 days, after reading the "I'm a fool" review I wonder if we were staying in the same hotel????? I have stayed in Delhi several times and found this the best hotel that I have stayed in to date.Firstly the location is great, the metro is 5 minutes away, the hotel is on a street that is atmospheric, particularly at night, there are a number of different restaurants within a stones throw of the hotel, a travel agent, money changer, pharmacy,phone boothe, corner shop all just around the corner.There's an Ayurveda spa a few doors down and would recommend the siro dhara treatment here The markets are great, even if you're not into shopping worth checking out the life here, the mobile phone market was particularly buzzing.
The hotel itself was ideal for me. When I first arrived there I became quite ill (I hasten to add not from anything I ate or drank in the hotel, the damage was done before I arrived in Delhi) The staff took amazing care of me,they contacted a doctor for me, ensured medicines got to me and supplied me with everything I needed. It was how they attended to me that impressed me so much. All of the staff were caring, extremely helpful without being intrusive or over dramatic. I am quite sure my recovery was immensly helped by their attentiveness. Kusum who is at reception really went out of her way to order the right fluids and food for me. I was left to rest and every so often they called to check I was ok.
The room and bathroom were really clean, my room was at the back so nice and quiet,there was a large TV, a fridge and a very comfy bed.
When I started to recover from being ill I found the normal service of the hotel to be excellent. I'm used to having to at times in India having to ask several times for things, this didn't happen at the Good Palace everything I asked for was delivered promptly to my room. The food was fresh and tastey and you can order 24 hours a day.
The "I'm a fool" reviewer writes about mosquitos, I didn't see or feel any mosquitos, I also saw the warning note in the lift, I found this very useful as a solo female traveller, it didn't scare me at all, it just made me aware, my view is that it is responsible of the the owner/staff to alert visitors to be on their guard whilst in the market area. I actually felt very safe in this area as there are always plenty of people around, there are no dark or isolated streets to go down around the hotel and the atmosphere is hassle free and unthreatening.
I have travelled to India many times and stayed in loads of hotels, this is one of the best.The price is very reasonable, so good value for money, the staff make it though, they are professional, genuine and kind.
I would like to add a special thankyou to Kusum, Monish, Kirti and all the room service boys.I'm not sure how I would have coped without you!
I don't hesitate in recommending this to anyone staying in Delhi.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We were booked into this overpriced dump by a travel agent
I was under pressure and accepted a room without a window....fool me
The room was filthy....fool me
There were mosquitoes all over the place....sad me
The bathroom was disgusting....fool me
Wi-Fi was useless....isolated me
In the ancient lift was a warning about thieves outside in Karol Bagh....frightened me
We went out and were scared
The breakfast was rubbish....hungry me
If you go to this dump.....fool you

Room Tip: Try to get a window....the higher the better.....the noise is worth it
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Muffinthemule
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Situated in Karol bagh, New Delhi, this hotel scores for it location. Few metres away from the Metro station also makes it easily accessible. Tucked in an alley the rooms do not offer any view but are basic and clean. The staff is helpful and the service is good. Food too is not a problem. Worth a stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This is the 3rd time we have stayed in this Hotel. It's location is excellent for Karol Bagh shopping street and markets, the Metro and for a variety of restaurants catering for all tastes and price range. The staff are very friendly, helpful and welcoming. The Hotel is clean and rooms are good size with good on suite facilities. Hot water available on request at night and always there in the morning. The continental breakfast, if included, is adequate. If we go back to New Delhi we will certainly stay there again. We have found it to be reasonably priced and better value for money that some that we have stayed in, in the same area. Airport transfer was arranged by the Hotel when we were leaving in a modern aircon car. Filtered water available to fill water bottles.

Room Tip: The 07's on each floor are good large rooms and not noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter G M
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Nice place, reasonable rates, friendly staff, good location in bustling Karol Bagh.

Room was clean, but bathroom could have used a little more effort, especially the sink which was a little grungy around the edges. Included shower cap, sewing kit, shampoo, soap. Room offered complimentary daily newspaper, coffee/tea service, safe, direct dial phone, cable TV, free high speed WiFi, A/C. I asked for and received a heater for the cold January nights.

Breakfast which was included in my rate was simple but delicious. Of the 3 options available, I chose the Indian and enjoyed every bite.

Plenty of activity around the hotel to entertain and in close proximity to many sights. Travel desk will offer its services, but I suggest using the auto-rikshaws to get around and adding another layer of adventure to your travels. Save some money too!

A plus over my last visit was the improvement in lighting. The room was dark and depressing before only due to lack of lighting. Now remedied, the room is in proper order and mood. Reading a guide book or map is now possible where is was difficult before.

Would return to this property again and not hesitate recommending it to others.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo