“Outstanding Bed & Breakfast!”
Review of On The House

On The House
Ranked #46 of 1,075 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Southern California
“Outstanding Bed & Breakfast!”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Perfect place to stay while visiting Delhi...short or extended. The owner, Aradhna, has created a beautiful, comfortable, clean, and exceptionally organized bed and breakfast. She and her staff far exceeded our expectations. Food great. There was an interuption in our trip and Aradhna was able to accommodate us and re-route our travel plans without skipping a beat...we were off on our elephant safari in Jim Corbett National Park without any concerns. Highly recommend. Would not stay anywhere else in Delhi. Lovely, lovely place, owner, and staff!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank RosieD44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 June 2011

I've actually stayed at On the House twice, once in the middle of summer and once in the middle of winter. The temperature inside my room was always ideal. Though I did not have an extensive budget, On the House was the nicest place I have stayed in India. From the wireless internet, to the tasty breakfasts, the laundry services, close by restaurant delivery, returning home to a clean room, and the kind house attendants, there wasn't a thing I would change about my experience.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank themissinlink
New York
Reviewed 10 June 2011

This place is spectacular and offers exceptional service. The decor is majestic and the ambiance is alluring. Exceptionally friendly staff and cozy atmosphere. It felt like a home away from home. I will certainly be seen here in 'Gulmohar' (room) the end of every year.
There is a very royal feel to this place especially the intricate embellishments.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We stayed there for 2 weeks for business. The staffs (Ashish, Roger and Deepak) are all very friendly and great!! They tried their best to make our room as comfortable as possible to make it more like home for us. Roger speaks perfect English so there is no miscommunications and Ashish and Deepak both make great breakfast and dinner. They are all very hard working.
For vacations and to come here as tourists, I think this B&B would be a great choice. It is near the Hyatt Regency Hotel (so if you get bored with Indian food, you'll have a choice of going to Hyatt for Chinese, Italian or Japanese.) and also near some interesting local markets like Sarojini Nagar, Green Market or Hauz Khas Village.

Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Naoko1
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Reviewed 8 June 2011

I stayed there with my 2 kids in January and was very comfortable. The rooms are pretty, clean and comfortable. The bathrooms, while clean and functional, does need some updating and renovation. The staff were amazing, very sweet and helpful. They even did some babysitting for me and went to the store many times to pick up baby items for me. The price was reasonable for what they offer. I would stay there again, but probably not on the top floor! The stairs are a workout. Thanks Roger and team! My son still remembers you :).

Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Kab555
Paris, France
Reviewed 8 June 2011

What a welcoming B & B, it was a nice surprise for us to discover such a lovely and quiet place. I stronlgy recommend it to my friends and to any of you who are looking for a relaxing stay in Delhi. The breakfast was delicious and the service friendly and perfect!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lou-Paname
Hoi An, Vietnam
Reviewed 8 June 2011

I highly recommend On The House if you're seeking a quiet refuge in New Delhi. Beautiful decor, very helpful and friendly staff, and a short 'auto' ride into town (around 20 minutes). We stayed with our kids who, after days of site-seeing could finally take no more. My husband and I were able to leave the kids at On The House while we visited Red Fort and felt absolutely certain that they were in safe hands. Sure enough, when we returned home, they had been so busy playing with the staff that they'd barely noticed our absence.
The staff can arrange cars, day trips, home delivery meals (they only cater breakfast - although we requested a home cooked meal one evening which was delicious. Just be sure to order in the morning) and, it seems, a full child-sitting service!
Stay somewhere else at your peril! This place is great.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family