“Great value for money - and pretty too”
Review of On The House

On The House
Ranked #46 of 1,086 New Delhi B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Great value for money - and pretty too”
Reviewed 30 November 2011

A colleague recommended On the House for our forthcoming overnight trip to Delhi and we emailed to ask if we could stay. We were delighted by the prompt response - and once we got to the B&B, we were even more delighted by the decor and the facilities on offer. Comfortable, friendly, great price, wonderful breakfast, good location - what's not to like? The only problem, though very slight and perhaps limited to just our room - was the slow shower. Everything else was great and we plan to go back - again and again. (They have only three rooms to rent at a time so we plan to give as much advance notice as possible).

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We stayed at 'The House' for the first time in Oct/Nov 2011 for a total of 9 nights, a family of 5, two adults and 3 children (age 15,12 & 5). Within minutes of arriving we knew we had made a good choice and felt very at home. We had two large en-suite bedrooms next to each other which were very clean and had everything you could need and more. Breakfast was very nice, especially the aloo parathas! Ashish cooked us some lovely dinners at a very reasonable price and Roger was great at helping us order more western food for the children. Location was great for us and easy to get around from on 3 wheelers/taxi's. There is an atm, money changer, photo shop, beer shop etc within walking distance of 'The House. We were lucky enough to be there for Diwali, the older children had such fun with Deepak and Roger with the decorations and fireworks, it really made their holiday special.
I would certainly recommend the House for anyone wanting a comfortable homely stay in Delhi with excellent staff, we can't wait to return!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank TheBrigdens
India
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We stayed at 'On The House' for 2 nights recently. It's a very nice B&B with a helpful staff (they even arranged for our taxi to airport transfers and for intra-city travel), great location (South Delhi), good breakfast and an overall nice and comfortable experience. I would definitely recommend this to fellow travellers, or even for first time visitors to Delhi.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank The_Young_Monk
Foster City, California
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I stayed at the On the House during Oct 12 to Nov 2, 2011.

I basically look for the following: cleanliness, good home-cooked food,
helpful staff and location. On all these counts, I found the place
meeting my expectations. In addition, the place is so tastefully
decorated with almost spritual, beaufiful art objects. Kalra family,
our family friends from our younger days, are prominent
interior decorators based in Delhi who visited me at the
guest house. They were all praise for the way the place
is decorated, they spent 30 minutes just looking at the
objects!. The choice of the art objects and their
arrangement by Ms Aradhna Lanba makes the
the whole experience so pleasant.

Ashish cooks food "from the heart" - in his own words.
Delicious, hygenic food. Roger cheerfully looks after
general needs. Deepak is a happy young man keeping
the place clean and shinning.

Their drawing room (living room) is a great place
to enjoy a cup of tea very properly served by
Ashish who always remembered my tea time!!
I thoroughly enjoyed my many tea sessions
there making full use of the small library in there.

I look forward to staying there on my next visit
to Delhi.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Moscow
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Very friendly stuff. Beatifull rooms, original design.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 26 September 2011

After searching for the perfect place for a small family gathering and place to stay, I saw the On the House Bed & Breakfast. I love the homey bedrooms with all the needed amenities. My fiancee and I stayed during the hottest month in India, and even in that August visit, we were comfortable. The staff is courteous, and went above and beyond our requsts, the owners are easy to communicate with for questions, and the place was incredibly delightful. I love the themes of the rooms, and it feels incredibly like India. The rooftop terrace has all the incredible details perfect for our needs! LOVE IT! Excited to return many many times in the future. The view out of the Pine room balcony is lush and GREEN! You're in the trees! (Bonus - I have been to Delhi many times, and the location of this B&B is a cleaner, greener, better Delhi then I have ever seen.)

Room Tip: All the rooms include bathrooms, Pine room has no room next to it - which is a bonus.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kellypinkbubble
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 23 September 2011

It is a great place and very comfortable. We guys had to quickly check in and we came here but we did't know it would be so personable and enchanting. The staff is too good. I had to also do some official work so I wanted the Internet. I decided to go to a nearby place to look for a cyber cafe and then I was informed that the place has a WiFi facility... Oh. it was a rescue.. I comfortably sat and did my work which got finished in time and without much stress.The interiors are awesome and amazing! We stayed in Pine room. We shall again visit. Thanks a tonne for this lovely experience! Truly enjoyable and amazing!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, but Pine is really good!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends