“Awesome location and very reasonably priced”

Hotel Jukaso Down Town
Ranked #412 of 707 Hotels in New Delhi
Melbourne, Australia
“Awesome location and very reasonably priced”
Reviewed 29 December 2010

It was superb in terms of location.. Price is very very reasonable and it was the best I found after doing so much of research.. I'm very happy with my experience there..The staff was very friendly and helpful.. They arranged me drivers etc as well for a very reasonable price.. They keep the whole place clean..
Given the price and location the place was absolutely superb..

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 November 2010

We stayed at the Jukaso Down Town for three nights, our second stay here. The location is great in the heart of Connaught Place. Staff are long-term and very friendly and helpful. The breakfast included in package is good - omlette, toast, juice, coffee. We stayed in standard room which doesn't allow much space, but deluxe rooms are more spacious. The bed was comfortable and pillows better than most expensive hotels, a real plus. There are plenty of eating options and good coffee shops within five minutes walk.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zoeb255100
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 12 August 2010

I had an horrible experience with this Hotel during my last trip to Delhi when it was raining. I reached the Hotel at 7pm &to my shock I found water flowing down the staircase from the 2nd floor down to ground floor. All coridors were flooded & so was my room. I had to get the same changed & in the new room (which was stuffy) the windows would not open. Due to short circuit there was no elect / power in the kitchen so no food was available. Overall a very poor experience.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
bridlington
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Arrived back in New Dehi with my wife after long very tiring train journey. I asked receptionist for change to pay rickshaw driver as I had only 500 rupee note.He gave enough to pay driver and said he would give me rest later. We had not had chance to visit an ATM and I had 1000 ruppes left and my wife had 5000. She handed me 3500 and I added my 1000 to pay the 4250 rupee bill. The receptionist distracted me by saying My wife looked sick and naturally I looked at her. He then said I had only given him 4000 rupees and wanted another 250 rupees from the change he already owed me.Obviously a very practiced technique and there was nothing I could do to prove he had palmed a 500 note.There is no alleged about this,we both knew exactly how much cash we had. It was late and we did not wish to load our bags back onto the auto rickshaw and set off into the night., so I waited until the next day to confront the receptionist,who having previously speaking good english,said he could not understand. No matter how tired or distracted you are when arriving, keep all your wits about you here. Bed was good but shower tray did not drain. Would have given much moore positive review if receptionist had not been a thief.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ecadventurer

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 19 April 2009

Hi, The hotel is very conviniently located at the middle circle on CP. The rooms are clean & the beds are soft & comfortable. There are 2 issues (1) The rooms are very small (2) One has to climb 2-3 flights of stairs to reach the room as its spread over 3 floors with no lift. Insist for discount & upto 20% of the tariff will be waived.

• Liked — Bads are soft & great!
  • Disliked — Climbing 3 floors to reach my room!!
  • Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 December 2008

Stayed at one other hotel in the same area, in comparison, this seemed more deserving of the "mid-range" or 2-3 star designation. The hallways were clean, well lit; well decorated. The rooms were larger than the other hotel; the bathroom was cleaner and larger---the bathing area had a little wall around it so the floor did not get wet, unlike many Indian bathrooms. The beds were clean and comfy. Internet access was pricey but available. The cost was higher, but as our last night in India, we desperately needed a nice clean send-off and it was. We were two women travelling and were treated well.

Our friends stayed previously, and they had a nice time as well.

• Liked — Location, was well lit, clean
  • Disliked — Cost
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2008

Very overpriced. Rooms are ok but no great shakes. For Rs3700 (don't forget extra taxes!), it's 50 pounds and you'd get better in London.
Staff are not helpful and are just trying to sell you services.
A chap is introduced to you as the travel desk. He says he can give free maps, free travel advice and 15mins free of internet service. Then he takes you on a 5 min walk to a travel agent that just trys to sell you tours!
Return to hotel and ask for a bank and they say they will do the changing for you. Ask for a taxi stand and they say they will get you a taxi. All you want is some honesty but all they want is your money.
Avoid.

• Disliked — Dishonesty
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled solo