“Great location, clean and comfortable”

Hotel Tara Palace Chandni Chowk
Ranked #88 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I stayed here on and off over the course of two months while passing through Delhi. Hotel staff were great at helping organize transport. Rooms were very clean and beds comfortable. Food is descent at the restaurant. Location is great in old Delhi, a fascinating place to stay in. Rooms can be a bit noisy with hallway noise in the morning if you plan to sleep in, but let's face it there's so muh to see and do in this city you won't have time to sleep in!

• Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed with a friend for a night after 14 days travelling through India. Having started in Delhi - but at a different hotel - I wasn't entirely sure what to expect. This hotel was a pleasant surprise - great value and right in the heart of Old Delhi near the (Old Delhi) railway station and the Red Fort and a short walk from a lot of other sites.

The hotel was pretty tucked away as I'm sure is already mentioned. Once past the slightly unlikely entrance, the hotel was clean, staff helpful and rooms perfectly spacious and comfortable. For the price it was a good standard with some helpful extras like free wi-fi in the lobby area. We organised an airport drop-off with them that was very helpful and got us to the airport in good time and at a slightly unsociable hour of the morning!

In terms of area I much preferred being in this part of town than the area near New Delhi station that we'd stayed in earlier on our trip.

All in all it's not an expensive hotel so you can't expect the world, but it's a great place for the price.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Myself and my husband stayed there this March, I arranged the free airport pick up & they were there to meet us the pickup man & a very friendly taxi driver, the staff very freindly & helpfull I had requested a quite room, which they provided the room/bathroom very clean, the roof top terrace very pleasent, good view of the Red Fort, nice to sit and have a cold beer, they could make more use of it. but this is India ! They had a travel agent next door, who arranged a trip for us to Jaipur & another hotel on our return good value for money helpful staff.

Room Tip: ask for quite room on high floor, with windows.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynette218
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We satyed at Tara Palace , Old Delhi for two nights at the beginning of a tour of north India and I have to admit that having seen the approach and entry I was very pleasently surprised. Firstly we had arranged a pick up from the airport with the hotel at some ungodly hour and there they were to meet us, we awoke late the next morning to find breakfast over but that was no problem and they catered for us none the less. The room was perfectly adequate , a good size , clean , ensuite with hot water and AC. In the late afternoon we took to the roof terrace and were happily served cold beers, the only thing I would say is that the terrace is not a dedicated seating area sharing the area with washing lines and kitchen , I feel more could be made of this as the views and potential are good. At the end of the day the hotel was good , clean, safe, value for money and well located with helpful staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed here in Feb this year. It was my first time in India and it was a great place to stay. The hotel organised a pick up from the airport and let me know of possible scams 'fake' drivers might try to pull on me. None of them eventuated but it was good to be in the know and on the look out! The hotel was clean as was my room. I only stayed one night and found the location was great for a walk around to discover a small part of Delhi. Only negative for me was people coming in late at night a speakin/shouting at the top of their lungs! The floors are all tiled so the sound really travels. I'd stay here again, though - maybe with some ear plugs at the ready!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I booked the room for my night transit, the main reason is they offer airport pickup. The pickup guy and driver are good, car was a bit old and cramp. The hotel is nothing fancy but fairly clean room and toilet but hot water is not running in late night. Breakfast provided but average. Consider the room rate of 2000rs. I feel overpriced but now many same kind and level of accommodation here seem to raise to price altogether. The subway is not so close but with rickshaw ride, it is ok. Wifi is offer in lobby (old PC also there), signal is too weak to go up through 2nd floor.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Nothing fancy but a good hotel in a great location if you you want to stay near Chandni Chowk and the Red Fort. Clean rooms, friendly staff, great resturant with a good waiter. We arrived on the 24th of February and stayed 3 nights. Recommend this hotel. Would stay again. We also used the travel service and booked a car and driver for 3 days. The service and driver was great. We were booked into good hotels and the driver, Jai, was very knowledgable and spoke good english. Hotel exchanged currency and gave a good rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony. Take ear plugs because the street can be noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple