“Worst hotel we stayed at in India” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Megha Sheraton
Ranked #309 of 705 Hotels in New Delhi
Taiwan
“Worst hotel we stayed at in India”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2010

This is the first hotel we stayed at upon arriving in India. The location is fairly convenient, being reachable by the metro system. The cleanliness of the room was acceptable, though we've seen cleaner places. We had three people, but the room did not have space for a third bed, so one person had to sleep on the sofa, which wasn't extremely comfortable. The owner was friendly and tried to put us at ease upon arriving, but the other clerks in the hotel left much to be desired. Especially on the morning we were to leave, we were trying to pay for our stay and exchange some USD with the desk clerk, it was a good thing I did the math and recalculated the money because I found out the clerk gave us much less than what we should have gotten for the exchange. The food was not very good and breakfast is not included with the room. We had to return to Delhi later on in our trip, and we did not come back to this hotel.

Pros:
- Relatively convenient location
- Relatively clean rooms
- Free internet

Cons:
- Service not as good, make sure to double check the money they give back to you
- No breakfast included
- Room service is slow, allocate enough time for them to bring you food

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2010

I was not a big fan of Delhi hotels overall, but Megha Sheraton was decent. It was located in Karol Bagh, within walking distance of the metro station and famous market. There was an ATM just across the road (as well as a Subway take-away for those craving western food) plus many supermarkets on the same road. The rooms were decent with hot water, AC and satellite TV.
The hotel staff were helpful in arranging transfers and in letting me leave bulky bags with them for a couple of days when I went to Punjab then came back to stay with them. Also, they were very honest, and when I left my watch in the room (albeit a cheap Casio) the bell-boy ran to my taxi to hand it to me and make sure I didnt leave without it.
I gave the hotel 'Very Good' in comparison to other Delhi hotels, though as I mentioned, hotels elsewhere like Rajasthan are better quality and price.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2010

I have been assiciated wih Hotel Madona for more than 10 years as a customer. Mr. Bhatia is the owner/manager of the place and I have know them for the same time, This letter is to reveal my experience with the hotel and in general they are
wonderful. You will find a clean comfortable room and affordable. The hotel staff makes me feel like that I am at hom. Paricularly, Mr Bhatia has helped me so many times and in so many ways that I am ever grateful to him for his gracious and kind behavior always.
I will recommend this hotel to anyone in India or abroad and you will find it quite comortable and pleasing....
Thank you Mr. Bhatia and the hotel staff for being gracious.
Radhe Radhe!!
-Sharma, San diego. CA USA

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
Birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2010

We stayed at this Hotel on our tour of india and found it to be a good value hotel with friendly staff and service especially the manager Naresh who was a very pleasant and helpful man. Nothing was too much trouble for him and he would go out of his way to help you even if there was no gain in it for him. i would certainly stay there again and recommend it to my friends

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2010

After spending more than three months in Delhi, and been staying in nearly ten different hotels, this will be my first choice when going back. The rooms are clean and nice, bathrooms have plenty of hot water and the food/room service is also good. The owner is a very helpful and generous man that surely will make your stay a good time. I am sure his other hotels, like Madonna is similar good. I finally found my favourite place and all my best compliments to this place. LOL, Hjørdis, Norway

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2010

This quality hotel is located in an interesting area of New Delhi, surrounded by lively streets and bustling businesses. The rooms are small but clean and the beds are quite comfortable. Complimentary breakfast is a must, for the food served is delicious and hearty. Megha's owner, Naresh, is a cheerful, loquacious, and fatherly man who also manages tours through Rajasthan. The tour package includes your own personal driver, multiple hotels of excellent quality, and several complimentary guides, who are very good at what they do. If you'd rather not embark on such a journey, Naresh is happy to assist you in arranging taxis, trains, etc. His welcoming demeanor plus the charming hotel itself made my stay in chaotic Delhi enjoyable and relaxing.

• Liked — The Comfortable Beds!
  • Disliked — The street outside can be noisy (cars, barking dogs, etc.), even in the early morning.
  • Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Honorius
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2010

Was in India for a holiday with the family, stayed at Megha Sheraton. The hotel was reasonably clean with good and reliable staff. The service was excellent, especially the boss, Mr. Naresh Bhatia. He arranged for us the taxis and a holiday. Provided us with good service and advice.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family