“Much better than expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Bright

Hotel Bright
Ranked #106 of 708 Hotels in New Delhi
Seattle
“Much better than expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

I traveled from Seattle to Delhi for the inaugural Grand Prix of India Formula 1 race. My flight to Delhi arrived in the late evening but, because of the hotel's central location, it was no problem to use the subway to get there. It was an easy five minute walk from the station to the front door. As many of the the other reviews have stated, the exterior is not much to look at and Connaught Circle certainly has seen better days. However, once inside the hotel I was immediately impressed by the friendly staff, the Bright's overall cleanliness and the amenities in my room. A safe, huge flat screen television, mini bar, free wi-fi and a large bottle of spring water upon arrival. The room was larger than I expected and the furnishings appeared to be quite new. The bathroom wasn't quite as modern as the rest of the room, but it was clean and well stocked with toiletries. My room had some natural light from two frosted windows in the bedroom and bathroom, but there was no window to see out from. Over my four night stay, I only had one issue: whoever prepared the breakfast in the nearby kitchen area was much too loud, much too early. Otherwise, it was a great stay and I would highly recommend Hotel Bright to anyone who wants convenient and reasonably priced accommodations in Delhi.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Manchester, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

The hotel is in a good central location, but you have to walk past a rather salubrious open space once up the stairs and prior to entering the hotels reception area (also mentioned by previous reviewers). The staff were friendly and efficient. The room itself had obviously had money spent on it, but unfortunately the stained, peeling wallpaper wasn't very appealing. The breakfast was decent and they did organsie a taxi for us at a premium price and were unwilling to organsie a taxi with a local firm and we couldn't do it for ourselves as they wouldn't take a booking without a local Indian mobile number.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank britney2630
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Located in the outer circle of Connaught Circus, in the very heart of Delhi . At the beginning we got scared by the 2 flight of stairs and a horrible , abandoned, dirty room with graffiti and a broken sofa that we had to cross before reaching the hotel. But behind a white door a new , nice, cosy hotel . It was redone last year so everything is new and modern . The room was not very large but nicely furnished and decorated. Breakfast is served in the room and for dinner you can ask the menu and it will be room service with great food. Staff super nice, very polite and with very good English spoken. Car transfer to airport for only 850 rupies, less than other hotels.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gneccocristina
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

My sister and I found it quite difficult to pick an area and a hotel to stay in Delhi for the beginning of our India trip. I chose Hotel Bright after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and was not disappointed. The airport pick up was on time, the room was very clean and to a high standard and above all the staff were so helpful with tips on where to go and arranging a driver for us for the Golden Triangle. The breakfast was great and it really felt like a little bit of luxury in the centre of Delhi.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lucy G
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

I never thought I would be lucky enough to find a hotel like this one. It is a gem.
A small hotel ideally situated in Connaught Place it is just superb.
I honestly could not find fault with the hotel. Whilst rooms are lill small but are they are really clean and comfy and have all that you would need. My bathroom was fab with lots of nice free bath products. Breakfast was GREAT. A/C was excellent. Staff FANTASTIC and they actually smiled lots and so courteous. One small thing that might assist them to get to super hotel status. You can't use landline phone for international calls and they give u a rather small mobile on which u make the call. However that was fine for me. Overall this was the best hotel experience I have ever had and yes I WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK .
Jags Singh

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Jags_Singh
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

I'm finding it pretty difficult to start a review that really expresses how grateful I am to the new team at Hotel Bright for a thoroughly wonderful stay.
When I arrived, I was the nightmare customer. I was tired and stroppy from the plane and had 1,001 questions to ask. Which local restaurant was the best? Which landmarks must I make an effort to see? How much should a rickshaw cost to get to them? How on earth do you pin a sari? However, despite my best efforts to test their patience to the max, all members of staff at the hotel remained polite, friendly and informative. They made every effort to make my stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, helping me out in numerous ways throughout my trip and frequently offering to help me before I'd even asked. For instance, after making notes of all the best places to go and even giving me an annotated map, they even made sure I was equipped with their phone number so I could call with any more questions.
The room itself was gorgeous. Tucked away at the end of the corridor (108), it gave me the perfect balance of privacy in this super friendly hotel. The safety deposit box was a welcome addition and the wifi was more reliable than any I've experienced in UK hotels.
Every night I filled in my breakfast choices, leaving them outside my door. Every morning a breakfast was promptly delivered to a room that was kept brilliantly tidy throughout my week in Delhi (despite my best efforts to mess it up!).
What's also worth noting it that, although a lone female traveller in a city where - admittedly - it's bloody terrifying being a lone female traveller, I felt completely safe at Bright. With security on the door and a reception team who genuinely cared about how I spent my day, Bright was a wonderful place to return to.
For those who haven't visited Delhi before, I should also add that this is the perfect location to base yourself. As well as being in an excellent central location ideal for checking out Central Park and the odd market, the hotel is just a couple of minute's walk from Haldiram's - a brilliant Indian fast food store - and the Metro.
In short, I can't praise this place enough and have absolutely no hesitations in recommending it to other travellers.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank millyf29
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

I have chosen hotel Bright for its ideal location and its appealing pictures of the rooms.The hotel, on the first floor of a Connaught place building has been recently completely remodelled with very tastefully decorated rooms and high standard bathrooms (the not beautiful entrance staircase is owned by someone else for the present moment) . All the staff is very helpfull and reactive and the nice breakfasts are served in the rooms. In a word, I felt very confortable in this hotel.

2 suggestions of improvement: fresh orange juice for breakfast would a real plus and a weight machine would be very useful.
When the staircase will be owned by the hotel, it will definitely a confidential place to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo