Hotel Bright
US$122
US$224
US$86
Radisson Blu
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$281
US$230
  • Breakfast included
Taj Mahal Hotel(New Delhi)
US$123
US$117
US$153
US$39
US$34
Agoda.com
All reviewsconnaught placebreakfast is servedconnaught circuscentral locationchose hotelm blockwithout windowslocation is excellentfirst floorsmall hotelroom servicereception deskmini barboutique hotelpleasant stayhot watertuk tuk
Reviewed 9 November 2012

At the outset I’ll say this is a great hotel well located, clean, friendly staff and good value for money but note a few points - Firstly it is difficult to find so bring the address and look up for the sign – the hotel is upstairs on the first floor of Block M. At the moment with all the construction work going on in Connaught Place it’s very dirty and dusty outside and makes it even more difficult to find with hording up everywhere. The entrance is pretty grim - to say the least - up dark stairs into an area that would make you want to run but once you go through the door into the hotel it’s a different world. All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The room and bathroom were spacious, clean, the bed was very comfortable and there TV with great choice of. As I was travelling on my own I loved having my breakfast served in my bedroom but can understand it may not suit everyone. There was a good choice for the breakfast and it was presented extremely well. I organised my own taxi from and to airport (much cheaper than booking through hotel). I really enjoyed this hotel, New Delhi can be a real culture shock for Westerners – noise, dirt, dust and so many people everywhere – it was lovely in the evening to go into your hotel and get away from it all. When checking in I had asked for a room with a window and they said they would give me one on my second night but I liked my room so much I told them I'd stay where I was - For the time I spent in room a window not necessary. Yes there is music down staris - bar - until about 11pm but I didn't find it overly annoying and it did stop at 11!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2012

As others say, the outside street and entrance are a bit grim but don't let that put you off. Once inside the staff are very friendly and helpful and the room was very clean and comfortable. Great location in Connaught Place, handy for Rajiv Chowk metro, taxis etc and also very good restaurants. Went for the F1 race and stayed for 6 days; the hotel was beyond our expectations for the money.
Phil, from Stafford, UK

Room Tip: Worth asking for a room with a window.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Philip C
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Disappointed. Through no fault of the hotel, the construction of the new Metro outside the hotel is horrendous. Dusty, dirty and noisy. The room I had was on the front, big window looking out on busy street but surprisingly quiet. Very good soundproofing. The bed was perfect for me, and room was clean. The hotel has decent free internet which is a plus and breakfast delivered to the room is just fine. There just seems to be an air of always up-marketing or expecting gratuities. If the staff had not so obviously worked the tip angle they would have fared much better. Don't make it so obvious! In addition the front desk confirmed me on a half day tour, and the day of the tour, I was told I'd have to pay the full-day rate. I fought this and hotel charged half-day. I would NOT book tours through hotel. In addition - I requested wake up call for early morning flight. I've traveled for years all over the world. I don't forget to ask for wake up calls. In the morning, the hotel said I had not requested a wake up call.

Overall, entry to the hotel is dreadful from street to front desk. Wouldn't stay there again as it is overpriced. Book at the Park or another large hotel near Connaught Square. As a comparison, The Taj President in Mumbai is only a few rupees more. Yes, the Taj President. Maybe hotels in Delhi are that much more expensive and in demand. Check around

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 101. Immediately outside front desk so you can hear all activity.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank gwpyvr1
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We had a great experience at Hotel Bright. My husband and I stayed there for four nights. Two of those nights our family members were also in other rooms in the hotel. Hotel Bright is one of the cleanest hotels in India. The staff is always working. They were helpful and polite and quick to help with bags, towels or anything we needed. The hotel is in a good location. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay in Delhi.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Would definately recommend the Hotel Bright as a great place to stay in New Delhi. Conveniently located on the outer circle of Connaught Place, approx 500 ruppees (A/C taxi) one way from the airport and 100 ruppees (tuk tuk) to New Delhi train station. Walking distance to Janpath Rd and market...great for souvenirs but remember to bargain hard! The hotel staff are very friendly, super polite and very keen to please, nothing is too much trouble,they lent us a powerpoint adapter for our stay (as we bought the wrong one with us) and stored our suitcases overnight when we went to Varanasi. There is a safe in the room too which is very handy too. Definately order the Indian option on the breakfast menu...delicious. As others have mentioned , the hotel doesn't look much from the front but once inside its clean, comfortable and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Room 109 has a window, it's a frosted window but still nice to have some natural light and there were issues with noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends