“Looks Can Be Deceiving”
Review of Hotel Bright

Hotel Bright
Ranked #116 of 727 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 21 October 2013

When we first arrived at Hotel Bright our first reaction was that it was not going to be a good experience. The hotel entry does not fill you with confidence but once you arrive in the reception area, you feel as though you have stepped into another world.
The staff were very welcoming and most helpful and we were shown to a very tastefully decorated twin room on the first floor. The room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The bathroom was very well appointed, quite roomy with plenty of hot water.
We arranged for a driver to take us to do some last minute shopping and this was all done very efficiently. The price was very reasonable given that the driver remained with us.
We had an early flight the next morning and were delighted when the staff were able to deliver our breakfast as requested. We ordered an omlette and toast and our meal arrived on time and nice and hot.
if you are looking for a centrally located hotel ( right in the middle of Connaught Place ) then I can recommend Hotel Bright. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Caseyjones51

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The rooms were modern and clean. The beds comfortable and the breakfast, very good. I recommend getting the Indian dishes on the menu, not the eggs or pancakes. The staff are very friendly and go above and beyond to make sure the stay goes perfectly. The hotel is in a great shopping are in Cannaught Place. We ate at the United Coffee house a couple times while there. It's close and as a wide variety of food.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The hotel was nice and it met our expectations and we were happy to stay there. We knew from the TripAdvisor reviews that it had no lift and the entrance to the reception is via some "suspicious" looking area, so we were prepared :-) Hence no real complains.
Hotel management and the drivers (especially one by name Tara) were so nice and helpful.
The room was clean and surprisingly quiet despite of facing the Metro station.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I was at Hotel Bright recently with my son. I frequently go to Delhi for my job; I usually stay in a little guest house close to Janpath where I have been for many years since my son was two years old. This time I wanted to change, since Delhi was very hot and my flight landed late in the night. I wanted to find a better organized hotel, more quite and equally safe. For my experience it is not easy to find a good hotel in the center of Delhi if you do not want to spend really lots of money. The gape between budget guest houses and good hotels is really large in India's main cities. Actually I did not want to spend 150-200 euro a night....I found Hotel Bright on internet and decided to try. It was an excellent choice. Hotel Bright has a perfect location if you need to stay in the center; on Connaught Place outer circle, it is easy to be found. Many good restaurants and cafés are close by so that you may reach them on foot also in the evening. Rooms are nice, clean and have all you need. You may choose double bed or tween room. The hotel is very small, has no dining room, but you may have your breakfast included in the price in your room at the time you wish. There is also a room service for lunch and dinner if you do not want to go out. Staff is very kind and helpful. Since there are a few rooms you always find somebody who can follow your requests. I sincerely suggest you should visit this hotel if you are looking for a comfortable, safe and clean place where to stay in India without going to a luxury five stars!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Clean little air-conditionned hotel. Staff and Director very kind and helpfull. Located in the heart of New Delhi, rather near of places of interest. Good sleep quality and spacious room. Heavy breakfast brought into room (no breakfast room). Some rooms with light-tight windows due to the world heritage site not allowing major structural changes on the building's facade. Possibility to reserve a pick up from airport and sight seeing tour. Don't get afraid of scary entry, that part doesn't belong to the hotel... Be on your guard with some tourist ofices that charge too much for sight seeing tours...

Room Tip: Ask for a room with no light-tight windows
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Overall Good Experince. Rates are slighttly on higher side but worth for the location..Improvement required in reducing the time between Food Ordered and Served. Rest everything was in order..Dont get afraid of scary entrance

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I booked Hotel Bright at the last minute because I needed a place to stay close to the New Delhi Railway Station. The hotel was reasonably priced in a great location, in the Outer Circle of Connaught Place. The staff was friendly, and the room was clean and nicely decorated. The only downside is a dodgy looking entrance, but don't let that put you off. This is a nice place. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo