“Delhi Holiday”
Review of Hotel Bright

Hotel Bright
Ranked #111 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Like in so many other reviews I read before booking, "don't be put off by the entrance from the street and the first floor landing". If you are you will miss one of Delhi's gems. Through the door into reception a welcoming cold drink and very helpful staff especially the room boys. Our room was spotlessly clean with modern decoration and furnishings and blissfully cool with whisper quiet air conditioning. The layout of the hotel is a little odd and some rooms don't have windows but from my experience all a window does is let in noise and mosquitoes, we experienced neither during our 8 day stay.

Before arriving we made some travel arrangements through the hotel, airport pick up and drop off and a 2 day overnight trip to Fatepur Sikri and Agra. The drivers we had were punctual and polite and the vehicles clean and comfortable. Our driver, Tony for our Agra trip arranged guides at all 3 sites we wanted to visit, they too were excellent.

We ate in the hotel on some nights and the room service food was fantastic and great value. We found the breakfast disappointing especially as there was no fresh coffee available. There is a Costa Coffee just down the street (left out the hotel and you'll find it on your left) or immediately next to the hotel is a Cafe Coffee Day which serves great coffee and croissants, the staff are friendly too. For eating out try Minar just down the road on the left passed Costa, or Haldirams for snacks and when you yearn for something other than indian food there is a McDonalds on block B middle circle.

The metro is clean, fast and cheap but don't be put off using the tuk tuk's but agree the price first and don't weaken, they are great fun and a great way to see real Delhi.

I would recommend the Hotel Bright to anyone looking for a good hotel in the mid price range and it will be my choice on any return trip I make.

Room Tip: Room 101 off reception would be my only suggestion to avoid as it's on the front of the hotel an...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Bright

Reviewed 25 November 2013

we went to hotel bright after reading tripadvisor review but we were disappointed because when we arrived the hotel manager told us that due to some medical reason of the some guest they do not have empty room though my book was confirmed. they told us that they have already kept a room for us in there partner hotel which was apartment 52. we have booked hotel bright becuase it was on middle of counatte place in delhi but there partner hotel apartment 52 was not on the counatee place it was on some distance from counatte place known as hanuman road. although the apartment 52 was good hotel but after we told them twice that this hotel was available at cheaper rate they than swifted us on suite room else they want us to stay in normal room.

the breakfast of apartment 52 was very bad and we cannot eat that breakfast. when we reach for breakfast some of the juice were also empty. though we are going to stay for a day we have not raise any obligation.

we have taken apartment 52 because we were very tried from our 10 day tour of nainital and kids were very much in sleepy condition so we cannot resist much.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2013

When we first arrived at Hotel Bright our first reaction was that it was not going to be a good experience. The hotel entry does not fill you with confidence but once you arrive in the reception area, you feel as though you have stepped into another world.
The staff were very welcoming and most helpful and we were shown to a very tastefully decorated twin room on the first floor. The room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The bathroom was very well appointed, quite roomy with plenty of hot water.
We arranged for a driver to take us to do some last minute shopping and this was all done very efficiently. The price was very reasonable given that the driver remained with us.
We had an early flight the next morning and were delighted when the staff were able to deliver our breakfast as requested. We ordered an omlette and toast and our meal arrived on time and nice and hot.
if you are looking for a centrally located hotel ( right in the middle of Connaught Place ) then I can recommend Hotel Bright. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Caseyjones51
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The rooms were modern and clean. The beds comfortable and the breakfast, very good. I recommend getting the Indian dishes on the menu, not the eggs or pancakes. The staff are very friendly and go above and beyond to make sure the stay goes perfectly. The hotel is in a great shopping are in Cannaught Place. We ate at the United Coffee house a couple times while there. It's close and as a wide variety of food.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The hotel was nice and it met our expectations and we were happy to stay there. We knew from the TripAdvisor reviews that it had no lift and the entrance to the reception is via some "suspicious" looking area, so we were prepared :-) Hence no real complains.
Hotel management and the drivers (especially one by name Tara) were so nice and helpful.
The room was clean and surprisingly quiet despite of facing the Metro station.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I was at Hotel Bright recently with my son. I frequently go to Delhi for my job; I usually stay in a little guest house close to Janpath where I have been for many years since my son was two years old. This time I wanted to change, since Delhi was very hot and my flight landed late in the night. I wanted to find a better organized hotel, more quite and equally safe. For my experience it is not easy to find a good hotel in the center of Delhi if you do not want to spend really lots of money. The gape between budget guest houses and good hotels is really large in India's main cities. Actually I did not want to spend 150-200 euro a night....I found Hotel Bright on internet and decided to try. It was an excellent choice. Hotel Bright has a perfect location if you need to stay in the center; on Connaught Place outer circle, it is easy to be found. Many good restaurants and cafés are close by so that you may reach them on foot also in the evening. Rooms are nice, clean and have all you need. You may choose double bed or tween room. The hotel is very small, has no dining room, but you may have your breakfast included in the price in your room at the time you wish. There is also a room service for lunch and dinner if you do not want to go out. Staff is very kind and helpful. Since there are a few rooms you always find somebody who can follow your requests. I sincerely suggest you should visit this hotel if you are looking for a comfortable, safe and clean place where to stay in India without going to a luxury five stars!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Clean little air-conditionned hotel. Staff and Director very kind and helpfull. Located in the heart of New Delhi, rather near of places of interest. Good sleep quality and spacious room. Heavy breakfast brought into room (no breakfast room). Some rooms with light-tight windows due to the world heritage site not allowing major structural changes on the building's facade. Possibility to reserve a pick up from airport and sight seeing tour. Don't get afraid of scary entry, that part doesn't belong to the hotel... Be on your guard with some tourist ofices that charge too much for sight seeing tours...

Room Tip: Ask for a room with no light-tight windows
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple