“Centrally located ideal for solo or two business traverller”
Review of Hotel Bright

Hotel Bright
Ranked #104 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
mumbai
“Centrally located ideal for solo or two business traverller”
Reviewed 23 April 2009

Best part is hotel is centrally located and reasonably priced. Hotel rooms are clean and service is good. Though no/not much options in food available, since the Hotel is at Cannought Circle, you can find good restaurants around.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — food
  • Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Hebden, UK
Reviewed 20 April 2009

This place really is as bad as all the other reviews say. A filthy dark prison like hotel that's only redeeming feature is it's location on Connaught Place. We booked two rooms but one of them was located in the Hotel Blue on the next floor - this room was actually not too bad inside but the bed sheets and pillow meant i had to use my sleeping bag liner for the first time on the trip on our last night. The location of this room was quite interesting perched on it's own at the back of the property past some other cells and a building site.

The other room in the main Hotel Bright (i think they're being ironic with the name of the hotel) reminded us of an abandoned artists studio from 1930's Paris... high ceilings, flaky paint and locked doorways we dare not open. BTW - the rooms we booked were the top end Super Deluxe rooms - we passed some of the Economy rooms/cells but couldn't begin to describe them.

It made for an interesting last night of the trip and we were glad to be leaving at 5am and avoiding the free breakfast. If Lonely Planet are reading this... please remove this place from the next edition of your book!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank mu23
bristol
Reviewed 10 February 2009

I'm not sure that the photos on the website actually come from the same hotel. When we arrived, having booked 3 nights the room that we were shown would not even fit enough beds in for all of us. The place is filthy. The toilet in our bathroom had raw sewage coming out onto the floor. We awached the kitchen ceiling being 'repaired' as obviously bits of paint were dropping onto the kitchen surfaces. My daughter was very ill following our stay there, and may well have been connected with the filth there. Don't go there with children.

The Lonely Planet still has this hotel in their recommended pages. I have no idea why.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — It was filthy/health hazard
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank anjaliBristol
UK
Reviewed 30 January 2009

We stayed here for the last night of our holiday, and chose it simply on price and location.
We had stayed in Delhi at the beginning of our holiday and had regretted staying in Old Delhi. Connaught Place is nice. It is clean (by Delhi standards) and has an abundance of restaurants of all types as well as a large Bazar.
Hotel Bright is well located in the heart of CP, easy walking distance to everywhere.
We booked a super deluxe room with bathroom.
The hotel looks dingy from the outside and is up two flights of stairs so it is certainly not suitable for people with mobility problems.
Our room looked nothing like the super deluxe on the website, though to be fair we realised that it would not be 5 star from the price.
The room was large with two comfortable seats a double bed and a tv. The bathroom was also large and had soap and towels.
The room looked like it hadn't been painted in years. The bed linen looked dirty, there was no top sheet, just a blanket , though to be fair we didn't ask for more linen. The mattress was very thin... only just thick enough to avoid feeling like you were sleeping on the floor.
The absolute worst thing about our room was the noise. We had requested a quiet room. We had not been given one overlooking the street, but could hear noisy music through the bathroom window and persistant chattering and giggling from next door. This was because there was a opening between our rooms, but it was far too high for us to get up and jam it closed. It really did sound like the people next door (who were talking quite loudly, but not shouting) were in the room with us.
We really didn't get a wink of sleep.
Breakfast was offered, but we chose to eat out.
If you are on a budget this hotel is ok, but for the price of an auto rickshaw it is probably best staying in Old Delhi and travelling to CP as I am sure it would be cheaper.
If you are not on a budget spend a little more... get a good night sleep. Lack of sleep mixed with the noise of Delhi is not a good combination!

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The noise
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
League City, Texas
Reviewed 6 November 2008

This hotel is located on the second floor not so friendly place. I am single female traveling alone. Made my reservation on line for 1100 rubees. When I got there, I came to this dirty filty place. They showed me a room, I asked where is the bathroom or air conditon. Manager said thats extra madam. So I had to take it. Air conditon is so loud and you cant adjust the air flow, so if you are cold, you have to tell them to turn it off if you are hot you have to tell them to turn it on. Bathroom, floors filty, no paint a lot of mildew. When I woke up nobody is offered me a breakfast, instead the mgr said this is tour guide he will help you with your stay in Delhi.

So I told the so called tour guide ( his name is Niyaz, he is just a commisioner for travel agency) I would like to go to train station to get tickets. He said he will walk with me there. I said you can just tell me how to get there I can go, he said it is dangerous for women to walk alone on that part of the city. So we started to walk, he took me to travel agency where they pressured me to buy a package tour for $300. When I insist going to train station they showed me a wrong way to go. So I ended up walking to very bad part of the town. So everybody said they will show me the train station I ended up going to different travel agency.

Thanks to my hotel and the manager Mr. Payde I had a day from hell. But finally at 5:00 pm I found the railway station. So I will never go back nor recommend this to my friends. I will tell my enemies this is a wonderful hotel.

• Liked — Not much
  • Disliked — Filty, dirty
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank Houstanbul
London
Reviewed 21 August 2008

This has to be one of the most disgusting places i have ever stayed at. Unfortunately we arrived too late at night to try to find somewhere else to stay. We booked a triple room at Hotel Bright by phone for 2 nights after seeing the recommendation in LP. When we arrived and climbed up the stairs we were ushered up yet more stairs and this seemed to take us to a different hotel - Hotel Blue. We were told there were no more rooms at Hotel Bright even though we had a room booked. The room was filthy, paint was peeing off the walls because of the damp, the sheets were stained and the pillows foul. Not surprisingly we had problems with bed bugs. There was no window in the bedroom and the shared bathroom (not what we had booked) had vomit over the toilet seat. When we compained we were shown a tiny double room at Hotel Bright which could not take a third person and was no cleaner than the Hotel Blue room. We only stayed one night, left as quickly as we could the following morning and found a different place to stay.

• Liked — absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank toomanyplacestosee
Torino, Piemonte
Reviewed 20 August 2008

What a shame....I spent two nights there with a friend and was horrible..We asked for a double room with two separate beds and a private bathroom...it was dirty, the non asked-room, there was a hole on the wall near the door and in the bathroom there was the water that came down from the roof....normally we had breakfast included but nobody said nothing to us in the morning.....DON'T GO THERE GUYS!!!! we spent lots of money for nothing....really a shame...and Delhi sucks! bye

• Liked — Bolliwood movies
  • Disliked — the hotel itself
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends