Hotel Gold Regency
Eros Hotel(New Delhi)
US$127
US$96
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We have stayed here for 8 hours only and I got calls from the reception for 4 times in between these hours reg my checkout.. Its really hilarious but understandable as the guy who have taken money from me, didnt probably want to let their management knows reg revenue he got from our occupancy. It seems the general practice here. Anyway, fortunately our luggage was ok in their custody and we didnt have to face any such difficulty staying there. It may have been possible 'coz being an Indian I knew where I can be screwed:) so I was careful.

In my opinion: bargain hard for the room price, check room properly before occupying, dont leave your luggage with them not even in the room (though they didnt seem interested)..I dont think any issue if you are careful.

Room Tip: Check room as well as bathroom properly. Ask whether AC, TV and Geyser working or not.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
venkatesh c, Manager at Hotel Gold Regency, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2016

Dear Guest,
First, I apologize for not meeting your expectations with respect to your recent stay. I sincerely hope that you would give us another chance to serve you, and I can assure you that
we are continuing to work harder to give our guests a great hospitality experience each and every time.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel only from 12pm to 8pm as I had a flight out to catch that night. It has to be one of the worst hotels I've been at. It smells bad and had stains all over the walls. Furthermore, when I asked about a taxi transfer to the airport, I was given a ridiculous price. At my disapproving look, he slashed the price down but was still much higher than the normal rate. Hotel owners are supposed to be protecting their guests from rip offs like these, NOT trying it out themselves. It is disgraceful and people deserve to know about it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank chew23

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the issues that you have noted, and I will take steps to correct those problems.
We hope you will give us another chance to be of service to you, when you are back in Delhi.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2012

I would highly recommend anybody not to stay at Gold Regency or Gold Inn Hotel at all when you're in Paharganj, Delhi! We stayed in Gold Inn Hotel for only one night (Hotel Gold Inn and Gold Regency are under same management, as their website says!)
The Hotel seemed to be good value for money, 800 rupees for an a/c room loked pretty okay in this area full of traveller hotels and guesthouses! As I had stayed at this place about two year back (by this time the hotel seemed quite new or newly renovated), i thought it should still be fine, but we had to find out that due to laking maintenance within these two years the rooms were pretty run down!
But was happend then was really incredible! In the night, when we we're out for dinner somebody of the hotel staff went into our room and stole money from us.
By the time we came back from dinner, we went up to our room, by the time we entered our room, suddenly the power was gone and it was completely dark, shortly after that a hotel boy knocked on the door. As we opened, he handed us an extra towel and bedsheet, but instead of just giving it to us, he came inside the room, searched for something with his cellphone background light, then picked up a bunch of keys from a cupboard, on which were also our wallets were placed. after that we went through the whole room, pretended to do something at our window and went out again without answering our questions on that he was doing!
This keybunch had surely not been there by the time we left for dinner, so somebody must have been insode our room while we were out! Maybe we came back home too early!
Directly after the guy left the room, the power came back!

That made us really suspicious, so we checked our belongings and found out that an amount of 500 INR and 20 EUR and -what we unfortuantely only found out the next day- another 1.000 ruppes from my girlfriends wallet were missing.
If we hadn' had checked just that day, how much money we still had, we would not even have found out that money was missing, so quite clever of them not to take all the money!

We directly confronted the hotel manager and staff and suddenly their English seemed not to be as good anymore as before! They pretended not to understand anything anymore! So we called the police!
After very very long and tiring discussions, finally - at 3 am - the hotel paid us 1.500 rupees back. Although we decided to shift to another hotel for the rest of the night, the rent for the room was not reimbursed.

So all in all a very very unlucky decision to stay in that place and I would not recommend anybody to stay there!! There are so many other really fine places in that area! If you're lacking of other choices, then never leave any of your belongings in the room!

LOOK FOR SOME OTHER PLACE! DON'T STAY THERE!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Markus853
venkatesh c, Manager at Hotel Gold Regency, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2016

Dear guest, I am very sorry to hear of the problems that you experienced at our hotel. We work hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of all of our guests, and we are very concerned and disappointed when we fail to meet this expectation. I apologize that this appears to be the case with your experience. Thank you for bringing some of your concerns to our attention, I will be discussing some of them with our Housekeeping and Maintenance Departments to make sure we address these issues so they don’t occur in the future.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Pretty clean, some hot water and lovely staff. A good hotel for the area but make sure you haggle for the room rate.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chloe S
venkatesh c, General Manager at Hotel Gold Regency, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

Dear sir/Madam

We thanking you very much for choosing our Hotel Gold Regency during your stay in New Delhi.

We also very thankful to you for giving your reviews in tripadvisor.

we assure you to provide you our best services on your next visit in our Hotel.

Reviewed 23 November 2011

Stay there 2 nights. rooms are very small and dirty. Bedclothes in dirty spots. The price is too high. The promised hot water was not stable. The toilet was clogged. Taxi service incredible expensive, hardly traded ( we should go to the airport at night and we should order taxi on reception). All stuff is horrible unfriendly. You can find a lot of more good-value and cheaper hotel o the same street, so do not stay there.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank oxyli
mintoorajiv, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Gold Regency, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2012

Dear Sir,

We apologise for the bad experience you had with our hotel. We have now changed the whole staff and considering about your problems we have also made certain amendments. We hereby request you to kindly give us an oppurtunity to serve you again & we hope you will not find the same experience repeated.

We hereby request you to pls change the review you made or delete the same as it efectes us a lot.

Thanks & Rgds