“Average hotel”

Ranked #588 of 707 Hotels in New Delhi
Chandigarh, India
“Average hotel”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for 3 days in Room No 214 with a rent of Rs.1500/day. It is not an exceptional hotel in Paharganj area. As per advertisement and rate mentioned in makemytrip, neither the facilities I expected were present nor hotel staff informed all about this. No complimentary breakfast, no drinking water and above all for every service I had to call reception, including room service. My request to hotel management and the advertiser, please keep updated photos for the hotel and be informed well while booking the room . Don’t be biased by seeing the reviews of some foreigners, who knows very less about the hotel facilities in India. In this price there are lots of hotel in same area. It is an advice to commuters please checks all the facilities which are mentioned in advertisement. Lastly, don’t be applauded by seeing the “No Tax” label in reception. Enquire properly.

Room Tip: Don't book 2nd floor room, as no lift facility
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
venkatesh c, Manager at Hotel Gold Regency, responded to this review, 27 February 2016
Dear Valued Guest,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Recently my company clients from Australia for a Seminar in our company.we give a nice staying to them in the Hotel Gold Regency,New Delhi.we really thanks to this hotel to provide a nice service to our clients.They appreciate the Hotel Gold Regency by their own way.they appreciate the Staff and services provide by them are really nice.we thanks Hotel Gold regency for their nice corporation to our clients.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank aaryan_12
venkatesh c, General Manager at Hotel Gold Regency, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
Thanks very much sir for giving us the opportunity to serve your clients in our hotel.

we are very pleased to thanks to you for publishing your valuable reviews in tripadvisor..

we hope you will be giving us chance again to give accomoddation to your valuable clients in future in our HOTEL GOLD REGENCY.

Thanks very much

Venkatesh Chinthada
G. manager
HOTEL GOLD REGENCY
Dublin Éire
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We stayed here for two nights in September. We wanted a budget option and chose this as we were getting in late on a train and its nearest to station. I think the only reason people go here is because of this proximity and obviously means they dont have to make any effort at all as they are gauranteed footfall. My advice is walk a little farther. They pretend not to be able to speak English at the desk when they just dont want to help you. The place is overpriced for the state of the rooms. It says you get hot water 24 hrs but you have to call reception to have them put it on and they literally put it on for 5 minutes so you need to shower super quick or call twice if theres two of you and even calling doesnt always work. Fleas in the bed.
On a personal note my husband became ill while we were there and was admitted to hospital and when I returned on my own to get all our things and check out early they tried to charge me for another night despite the circumstances and the fact that it was actually still quite early in the day. When I refused and made note of all the problems we had had since we stayed there one older man who worked there seemed to be being nice and trying to help me but when I tried to get into a tuk tuk outside they refused to leave until I paid this older man 'for helping me'. It was all just a really bad experience. Cheap doesnt always have to be nasty.

Room Tip: Walk a little further and do yourself a favour
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank nancy_n_karl
venkatesh c, General Manager at Hotel Gold Regency, responded to this review, 16 November 2015
We are disappointed to see your feedback. We obviously have failed in ensuring that you have a great overall experience and I sincerely apologize for this. we are happy that you had a pleasant stay in our hotel. Regarding the Rest assured, our hospitality is better and we have taken steps to learn from your and other guest feedback. I do hope you will come and visit us again to experience our services at their best.

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We have stayed here for 8 hours only and I got calls from the reception for 4 times in between these hours reg my checkout.. Its really hilarious but understandable as the guy who have taken money from me, didnt probably want to let their management knows reg revenue he got from our occupancy. It seems the general practice here. Anyway, fortunately our luggage was ok in their custody and we didnt have to face any such difficulty staying there. It may have been possible 'coz being an Indian I knew where I can be screwed:) so I was careful.

In my opinion: bargain hard for the room price, check room properly before occupying, dont leave your luggage with them not even in the room (though they didnt seem interested)..I dont think any issue if you are careful.

Room Tip: Check room as well as bathroom properly. Ask whether AC, TV and Geyser working or not.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
First, I apologize for not meeting your expectations with respect to your recent stay. I sincerely hope that you would give us another chance to serve you, and I can assure you that
we are continuing to work harder to give our guests a great hospitality experience each and every time.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel only from 12pm to 8pm as I had a flight out to catch that night. It has to be one of the worst hotels I've been at. It smells bad and had stains all over the walls. Furthermore, when I asked about a taxi transfer to the airport, I was given a ridiculous price. At my disapproving look, he slashed the price down but was still much higher than the normal rate. Hotel owners are supposed to be protecting their guests from rip offs like these, NOT trying it out themselves. It is disgraceful and people deserve to know about it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank chew23
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the issues that you have noted, and I will take steps to correct those problems.
We hope you will give us another chance to be of service to you, when you are back in Delhi.
Best Regards,
Germany
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I would highly recommend anybody not to stay at Gold Regency or Gold Inn Hotel at all when you're in Paharganj, Delhi! We stayed in Gold Inn Hotel for only one night (Hotel Gold Inn and Gold Regency are under same management, as their website says!)
The Hotel seemed to be good value for money, 800 rupees for an a/c room loked pretty okay in this area full of traveller hotels and guesthouses! As I had stayed at this place about two year back (by this time the hotel seemed quite new or newly renovated), i thought it should still be fine, but we had to find out that due to laking maintenance within these two years the rooms were pretty run down!
But was happend then was really incredible! In the night, when we we're out for dinner somebody of the hotel staff went into our room and stole money from us.
By the time we came back from dinner, we went up to our room, by the time we entered our room, suddenly the power was gone and it was completely dark, shortly after that a hotel boy knocked on the door. As we opened, he handed us an extra towel and bedsheet, but instead of just giving it to us, he came inside the room, searched for something with his cellphone background light, then picked up a bunch of keys from a cupboard, on which were also our wallets were placed. after that we went through the whole room, pretended to do something at our window and went out again without answering our questions on that he was doing!
This keybunch had surely not been there by the time we left for dinner, so somebody must have been insode our room while we were out! Maybe we came back home too early!
Directly after the guy left the room, the power came back!

That made us really suspicious, so we checked our belongings and found out that an amount of 500 INR and 20 EUR and -what we unfortuantely only found out the next day- another 1.000 ruppes from my girlfriends wallet were missing.
If we hadn' had checked just that day, how much money we still had, we would not even have found out that money was missing, so quite clever of them not to take all the money!

We directly confronted the hotel manager and staff and suddenly their English seemed not to be as good anymore as before! They pretended not to understand anything anymore! So we called the police!
After very very long and tiring discussions, finally - at 3 am - the hotel paid us 1.500 rupees back. Although we decided to shift to another hotel for the rest of the night, the rent for the room was not reimbursed.

So all in all a very very unlucky decision to stay in that place and I would not recommend anybody to stay there!! There are so many other really fine places in that area! If you're lacking of other choices, then never leave any of your belongings in the room!

LOOK FOR SOME OTHER PLACE! DON'T STAY THERE!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Markus853
venkatesh c, Manager at Hotel Gold Regency, responded to this review, 15 June 2016
Dear guest, I am very sorry to hear of the problems that you experienced at our hotel. We work hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of all of our guests, and we are very concerned and disappointed when we fail to meet this expectation. I apologize that this appears to be the case with your experience. Thank you for bringing some of your concerns to our attention, I will be discussing some of them with our Housekeeping and Maintenance Departments to make sure we address these issues so they don’t occur in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Pretty clean, some hot water and lovely staff. A good hotel for the area but make sure you haggle for the room rate.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chloe S
venkatesh c, General Manager at Hotel Gold Regency, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
Dear sir/Madam

We thanking you very much for choosing our Hotel Gold Regency during your stay in New Delhi.

We also very thankful to you for giving your reviews in tripadvisor.

we assure you to provide you our best services on your next visit in our Hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Delhi
Hotel Chanchal Continental
#286 of 707 in New Delhi
Park Blu
#1 of 2 in Murthal

Been to Hotel Gold Regency? Share your experiences!