The first time I stayed in this hotel was about 10 years ago. Since then I have stayed here countless times, atleast once every year. In the beginning, I also stayed at some other nearby hotels, lots of them are located within a walking distance. But I found Indraprastha to be the best among them, specially for the price.
Since I can write so much about this hotel that the review will not even remain objective, I will try to present my feelings in bulleted points. Here we go:
1) Very nice location: This is a very big plus for me but I guess other hotels in the area have the same advantage. This hotel is located next to a "Bengali" sweet-hourse/restaurant where the food is good and the prices are cheap. So if you get bored using the room service for their in-house food which, by the way, is also very good, you can take a walk and find tens of restaurants including Pizza Hut, McD's, and Bikanerwala. Let me not forget the easy access to various modes of transportation, cabs and autos are ofcourse just a call away, but even the superb metro station is less than a kilometer away.
2) Clean rooms that can use some more cleaning: Ah, this is an interesting one. Everybody has their own criteria of "clean". Some people even go as far as to carry UV lights with them and consider a hotel clean only if there are no spots on the bed sheets when looked under the UV light. Well, I am not one of them. Let's not forget that this is not a five-star rated hotel so, for the price and the category of this hotel, it's quite clean. I, of course, would like to use a more appropriate term -- "superficially clean" or the India's own "chalta hai" clean. Enough said.
3) Room amenities: The rooms have decent space and separate A/c units are provided. There are power cuts in the Karol Bagh area and since the A/c units are not powered by the backup generators, be ready to sweat a little in the summer months. But don't let this deter you from staying at this hotel as all of the other hotels in this price range have the same issue. A mini-bar refrigerator is provided in most rooms but I have always found them to be empty for some reason. Room service is quick and the food is good. They do provide laundry service but I suspect that they just use some third party laundromat and the some money can be saved by doing the same.
4) Miscellaneous services: Don't get funky ideas. I am referring to booking cabs, sightseeing and other travel arrangements. This hotel does offer travel arrangements if you like to have someone else take care of these for you. I have used their cab service a couple of times to get to the airport at odd hours to catch an international red-eye/early-morning flight. But I was almost delayed once because the cab did not show up on time so I have learned to use the various other dial-a-cab services in the city like Meru cabs, Mega cabs, and Easy cabs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Budget accommodation with 3 star facilities and personal touch to all the guest is our motto and service ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Indraprastha Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Indraprastha Hotel New Delhi