Indraprastha Hotel
  • Restaurant
Hotel Intercity(New Delhi)
Hotel Classic(New Delhi)
View Hotel
Hotel Metro View(New Delhi)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This is only day 2 in India so far but from our past travel experiences my boyfriend and I both really appreciated the friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the room, and the many features that came under a reasonable price. I would recommend this place to anyone wishing to stay in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012
hotelindiaM, Owner at Indraprastha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2014

Thank you so much for the warm words of appreciation.
We were fortunate to have you stay with us and hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

one of the best i would say in karol bagh area in New Delhi, best among the lot. Rooms are spacious, but could have been cleaner toilets....hotel is close to 10 years...but does not come across that way...quite ok service for its price. Very close to bangla sahib, New Delhi Railway Station...not so expensive taxi service...very good bengali restaurant adjacent to the hotel for good breakfast in the morning. Hotel staff are quite helpful and accomodative.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the road, rest of the rooms are facing the next buildings walls.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 September 2011

The first time I stayed in this hotel was about 10 years ago. Since then I have stayed here countless times, atleast once every year. In the beginning, I also stayed at some other nearby hotels, lots of them are located within a walking distance. But I found Indraprastha to be the best among them, specially for the price.

Since I can write so much about this hotel that the review will not even remain objective, I will try to present my feelings in bulleted points. Here we go:

1) Very nice location: This is a very big plus for me but I guess other hotels in the area have the same advantage. This hotel is located next to a "Bengali" sweet-hourse/restaurant where the food is good and the prices are cheap. So if you get bored using the room service for their in-house food which, by the way, is also very good, you can take a walk and find tens of restaurants including Pizza Hut, McD's, and Bikanerwala. Let me not forget the easy access to various modes of transportation, cabs and autos are ofcourse just a call away, but even the superb metro station is less than a kilometer away.

2) Clean rooms that can use some more cleaning: Ah, this is an interesting one. Everybody has their own criteria of "clean". Some people even go as far as to carry UV lights with them and consider a hotel clean only if there are no spots on the bed sheets when looked under the UV light. Well, I am not one of them. Let's not forget that this is not a five-star rated hotel so, for the price and the category of this hotel, it's quite clean. I, of course, would like to use a more appropriate term -- "superficially clean" or the India's own "chalta hai" clean. Enough said.

3) Room amenities: The rooms have decent space and separate A/c units are provided. There are power cuts in the Karol Bagh area and since the A/c units are not powered by the backup generators, be ready to sweat a little in the summer months. But don't let this deter you from staying at this hotel as all of the other hotels in this price range have the same issue. A mini-bar refrigerator is provided in most rooms but I have always found them to be empty for some reason. Room service is quick and the food is good. They do provide laundry service but I suspect that they just use some third party laundromat and the some money can be saved by doing the same.

4) Miscellaneous services: Don't get funky ideas. I am referring to booking cabs, sightseeing and other travel arrangements. This hotel does offer travel arrangements if you like to have someone else take care of these for you. I have used their cab service a couple of times to get to the airport at odd hours to catch an international red-eye/early-morning flight. But I was almost delayed once because the cab did not show up on time so I have learned to use the various other dial-a-cab services in the city like Meru cabs, Mega cabs, and Easy cabs.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank aksera

Reviewed 28 January 2011

What a joke! How misleading websites and photographs can be. Sadly we’d prepaid for a five-night stay so we felt obliged to remain. Just a few words: dirty, cockroaches, grime. However, a big plus point is the availability of hot water; pity they don’t use enough of it to clean the rooms and kitchen though. The rooftop terrace looks very nice…on the website. Didn’t find the swimming pool though the website photo suggests that there is one. Recommended? No way. An excellent bar/restaurant is just round the corner – “Crossroads”.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback.
We regret to hear that your stay was not upto your contentment.
It is our relentless endeavour to improve in our standards and quality of service. In lieu of this, we request you to kindly send us your contact details via SMS or Email, so that, we may take in your counsels to help us progress and make your next stay a good one.

Call / SMS : +91-9810187451
Email : info@hotelindraprasthadelhi.com

Reviewed 12 November 2010

we were around 13 members incl children, we were given decent rooms with very reasonable tariff and provided very good service overall like arranging travel trips to agra and local delhi sightseeing. Mr sharma who is heading was very co-operative and very kind.

I suggest you all to pay a visit and feel the hospitality.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family