“Clean, safe and friendly”

Hotel Palace Heights
Ranked #33 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Birmingham, UK
“Clean, safe and friendly”
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Very high standards and extremely helpful. Good add ons such as being met at the airport (if a little late) and laundry service (though I discovered the paper which lined my tee shirt advertising the service printed onto the shirt!). Restaurant had good food but the service was over zealous - an Indian thing maybe. I was not pleased that the taxi I ordered to the station had not been registered which caused unnecessary anxiety which was was well acknowledged by the staff. But it is clean, comfy and in a good location. The staff are very good though and genuinely care in a professional way in that they want to make your stay a happy and successful one and put anything right if they can.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Roypee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 14 April 2011

Great service, comfortable rooms and central location make this hotel a great stay. My partner and I spent 1 week at this hotel and were treated like family. All the staff are well versed in good customer service skills and were always willing to help and accommodate our needs.

The rooms were compact, yet modern. The bathroom had a great shower with nice hot water everyday and the room was always stocked with complimentary water and chocolate biscuits.

The location was great, a 2 minute walk to Rajiv Chowk metro station and within Connaught Place so there are a heaps of shops and restaurants at the tip of your fingers.

I would also like to take the time to mention that I was ill while staying at this hotel and was so well looked after. I was checked on by the management to see if I needed a doctor and was sent a huge bunch of flowers to help me feel better. We were also offered a complimentary dinner as the air con has been noisy in the night as I had found it hard to rest.

All in all, a worthwhile hotel which I would recommend to all my family and friends.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank taniam9
Dakar, Senegal
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Thank goodness for Trip advisor..rarely have I not found a gem amongst all those horrible hiltons...and THIS is a gem, from the rather shabby exterior building, you take the lift to the 2nd level and the relaxing aroma of lemongrass greets you...I just loved it here..rightly earned place up there with the fancy hotels..
If small and personal is for you, flat screen TV's, free Internet and wonderful breakfasts, then you have found a great place to stay..staff are brilliant, best cappuccino I had in India..
Please those who think a scratchy towel is worth mentioning...get a life..
This hotel isn't $400 a night ..its less than half of that...lets support those small hotels where great service is a way of life!

Room Tip: we used Bunty Private driver..perfect combination!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank wendyinafrica
Zemun
Reviewed 9 April 2011

I can say that this was surprise for me. Reading about Delhi and India I was little bit scared what will we found. IT WAS EXCELLENT. First of all stuff is extraordinary, very friendly, very helpful and always willing to help. location is perfect if you like to be in the midle of everything and Connaught Place is heart of New Delhi. Metro station is about 50m from hotel entrance and many shops and restoraunts are in walking distance. Rooms are not big but clean, modern and with everything you need. They were cleaned every day and bathroom things were suplied every day. Hotel restoran Zaffran is great with taste food.
With Palace Heights there are no mistakes. Hope to come back again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 April 2011

I stayed in three different rooms in this hotel and was pleased with all of them. First I rented a single, when I was by myself. It was a comfortable size and nice and clean.
Then I moved to a triple room when my family arrived. It was a little tight for three people but also clean and pleasant. That night we were in a room in the back where there is some noise from a nearby theater, and when I asked, we were promptly moved to another room which was quieter. The staff is very helpful and courteous. The location right in CP is very convenient for walking around, and easy for a driver to access. It felt very safe even when I was alone (I am a 30 year old Indian-American woman). The restaurant in the hotel is GREAT. Breakfast is delicious and I really enjoyed the dinner too. Internet was free and worked great. We got as much bottled water as we wanted. The towels are a little scratchy but that is the only possible complaint I can come up with. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2011

Rolled into Delhi with my wife, who was sick as a dog. The staff at Hotel Palace Heights was unbelievably caring and concerned from the minute we walked in until the minute we left for home three days later. On top of all the wonderful conveniences/perks listed by others, the staff provided my wife frequent get well wishes complete with an enormous bouquet of flowers

• Stayed March 2011
Hiroshima, Japan
Reviewed 3 April 2011

After a one-week stay at this hotel, I dare to say I didn't miss home at all and everyday after business I just wanted to rush back to the hotel for a enjoyable night. It is so clean and the staff is so hospitable. The even helped us to get back our baggage held in the Indian customs!! The manager was great!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business