“Small Hotel in Connaught Place”

Hotel Palace Heights
Ranked #25 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Horwich, United Kingdom
“Small Hotel in Connaught Place”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Our agent had booked us in here. From the attentive greeter at the bottom of the lift to the reception staff and waiters we had nothing but good service. Excellent breakfast's. We didn't have dinner here, but may have missed at treat from a conversation on our last mornig with another guest. Geat value for City Centre

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Thai first
Mysuru (Mysore), India
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The Hotel Palace Heights was recommended by a colleague. It is in an unfashionable part of town - well depending on your needs but it is tucked away on the 2nd floor of a building in Connaught Place.

The rates are great, service befitting one of the 'name' hotels and a comfortable room. Breakfast is included and was lovely - Indian or Western.

I'll be back

Room Tip: Ask for a double even if travelling alone. Not two beds just a double size. Weird I know but...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Steven_Heath
Mumbai
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I and my friends were visiting Delhi for the Indian grand prix and we stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The hotel has a fantastic location, heart of Connaught place which is filled with restaurants, bars, shops etc. and 100 metres from Rajiv Chowk metro station (gate 3). Restauurants and bars like warehouse café, my bar, qba, mcdonalds, etc are just a stones throw away.

Its a small hotel with approx. 14 rooms. The check in procedure was easy and Gaurav at the reception showed me the room and got the welcome drink delivered at the room. The rooms and bathrooms are compact but decently done up and clean. LCD television, safe, toiletries, free wifi etc

The breakfast is good as well. They usually have a some items served in a buffet style which are cereals, 3 types of juices, idli or upma or uttapam with sambhar/chutney, toast etc. They also have a small menu which they make fresh and deliver on the table. The items on this menu are puri bhaji, aaloo/paneer paratha, various types of eggs, bread basket, tea, coffee etc. Decent variety and the food is served with a smile.

The staff deserve a special mention. All of them served us with a smile. The last night we wanted to grab a couple of drinks. Even though the bar was shut they got it opened so we could have our drinks. Fantastic!!

If you are looking for a good 3-3.5 star property at Connaught place this has to be the best option. Our room tariff was 7.6k for a night which included breakfast, taxes and Wi-Fi.

Room Tip: Rooms having a view of Connaught circle are good.
1 Thank RahulC
Turin, Italy
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was travelling around in India and I was looking for a nice, city center located, not too fancy hotel. I read some positive comments here on TripAdvisor and I decided to book the Palace Heights hotel. What a lucky choice!!! The overall experience has been even more positive than the already nice comments I read.
The hotel itself is a fairly good, clean 3 star hotel. You won't be impressed at a first look: it is located at the first floor, access through an elevator, no hall. The location is just great, cannot be more convenient. Just trust the people working there and you won't regret it. They are all very nice and very professional.
The hotel restaurant is very good, and no need to say the service is excellent. I arrived at 11:30PM and they still served me a nice dinner with a smile. The guys working at the frontdesk are excellent. Just as an example, the day I left I had a late evening flight. I checked out in the morning, I went for a city sightseen and when I was back around 5 Pm to collect my luggage they offered me a room to take a shower... no charge at all (thanks again Wasim!). Let me tell you... I travel quite a bit and I often stay in fancy hotels and this kind of comfortable, excellent service is rare.

Washington, DC
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed for three nights and could not have had a friendlier or more helpful reception. Arrived early morning and was offered breakfast and a temporary room to shower and sleep. Staff went out of their way throughout our stay to make us comfortable and offer good advice on seeing the city and getting around. Rooms are neat and clean, and breakfast is ample. We would not hesitate to return here during a future trip to Delhi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the alley. The view is not the best, but the barking street dogs cannot b...
Brisbane
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed in two twin rooms during our 3 night stay at the beginning of our tour plus 1 night at the end. The rooms were spotlessly clean and well maintained. Beds and pillows were comfortable, air con worked well and shower pressure was excellent. WiFi was FREE and reliable. Service from all staff was very friendly from the people at the desk to the porters, doorman to the staff in the restaurant. We enjoyed breakfast in the restaurant each morning and were given a boxed breakfast for our early start on our last morning. Omelettes and Indian breakfasts were delicious. The waiter even thoroughly explained the recipe for Upma when we asked what was in it. We did not venture too far from the hotel without our driver but we did have a walk along the strip of shops outside the hotel.

Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed for 2 nights with 8 others in early October 2013 and all of us agreed that it was the best hotel experience during our 2 week holiday in India. Those at the front desk were so accomodating and when we had to leave early they even served us cooked breakfast at 6 a.m. The rooms were very cLean and tidy, and the location was great. My room was the smallest of the 5 we booked but the bed was very comfortable. We ate ate the restaurant on both evenings and the food plus the service were great. Am running out of superlatives!!! Would have no hesitation recommending this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family