“My Stay at Tej Abode”

Ranked #74 of 1,063 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“My Stay at Tej Abode”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I had an absolutely wonderful stay at Tej Abode. Bhawna and Vikram treated me like family. Everything was highly organized, and the staff went out of their way to be helpful. I love the atmosphere and ambience of the entire place; I always felt very safe and extremely comfortable. Food was healthy, varied, and could be personalized on request. I was at the Tej Abode for over 2 months and it really felt like home. I saw a couple of other bed and breakfasts/guesthouses but nothing compared to this place. The decor is classy and comfortable. Another benefit is free and fast wifi at all times. Overall, I think the greatest thing about Tej Abode is that it gives you a great amount of privacy but also allows you to meet other guests and people like Bhawna and Vikram. This makes the experience just so much more interesting and comfortable than it would be at a hotel. Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone going to visit Delhi---you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I love the room on the first floor! :)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank AyeshaGiulia
vylodging, Owner at Tej Abode, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Guest,

One of our biggest joy of running this place is meeting and making new friends.

It was wonderful and fun to host you and thanks a lot for all the wonderful compliments.

Means a lot to us that our guests feel taken care of and comfortable at all times.

Wishing you good luck - always!!

Bhawna and Vikram.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Tej Abode is a nice place with clean, comfortable beds. The location is very convenient with a lot of restaurants, cafes, ATMs and shops around. Communication with Bhavana was very smooth and prompt. She is also very helpful in suggesting day trips and any other questions that might arise. We had booked 2 rooms and had a total of four kids with us. Overall, the kids had a great time and the cook is excellent and treated us with a delightful breakfast everyday.

4 Thank DeepakATX
vylodging, Owner at Tej Abode, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for this review.

We are glad that the whole family specially the kids also had a great stay.

We are lucky to be so beautifully located and so close to this great market..........

Thanks you for acknowledging the staff and services.

We look forward to hosting you again .

Best
Windhoek, Namibia
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Well done to Bhawna and the staff, we stayed for 2 weeks on holiday and it really is home away from home. Everything works, everything is in order and neat and clean. They provide a great interface with service provider such as transportation,etc. and their location is convenient, safe and secure.
We will definitely be going back to Tej Abode for another visit.

thanks from The Rallan Family

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Raj_Rallan
vylodging, Owner at Tej Abode, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for this review.

I am so glad you were comfortable and had a great time at our property .

It gives us immense pleasure that our guests get an experience of warmth , comfort and convenience.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Thanks Bhawna and you team. We could not fault anything. This place is a home away from home. We still talk about the wonderful ambience and the care you all took. Thanks from the Rodricks & Gaughans.

4 Thank Glennrodrix
vylodging, Owner at Tej Abode, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Glenn,

Thanks for taking out the time to write this review .....it means a lot to us personally and to the Tripadvisor travel community.

I hope to see you again some time soon.

Regards,
Fes, Morocco
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed at Tej Abode for 2 weeks with my family. We had come from Pakistan for medical reasons and were not familiar with Delhi at all. Bhawna was extremely helpful in directing us to good places to eat and assisted us with all our other needs regarding transport, things to do for fun, massage etc all at a reasonable cost. The house is warm and the staff is very attentive, friendly and flexible in meeting guest needs. Thank you for your hospitality!

Room Tip: All 4 rooms are comfortable but the ones upstairs are quieter.
4 Thank fromLahore
vylodging, Owner at Tej Abode, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and now a lovely review.

Indeed , we enjoyed having you over and look forward to your next trip.

Till then , Be well,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Lovely property . Well located with shops and eateries close by. The rooms are very clean with all the amenities except a hair dryer. Safe, warm and the staff very courteous, ever ready to help 24/7. Bhawna is very prompt in her correspondence. Would recommend the place anytime.

Room Tip: Executive suite is big and nice.
vylodging, Owner at Tej Abode, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your warm words..............it was nice seeing you enjoy the property.

Noted that our dryer did not meet your specs......but I do hope the salon downstairs[ reasonable and good service] was a decent substitute.

We look forward to having you over some time soon again.

Spread the cheer,
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I had a memorable experience at Tej Abode. The bed and breakfast was recommended by a friend who had stayed over three years ago, and I can only say good things about my stay. Correspondence was prompt, and very flexible. I had to cancel my trip to Delhi and booked another stay at a later time, and it was not a problem at all, Bhawna was very accommodating with the booking. When my friend and I arrived our room was upgraded to a super double deluxe. I ended up staying 5 nights in Delhi instead of the original two - I liked it that much! The staff was very friendly and warm, the food was delicious, especially for a delicate stomach as mine. I was able to also get my clothes washed - definitely a luxury for travel in India. Bhawna and her husband were very kind and welcoming, a pleasure to talk with and share with (I was staying alone for the extended period of time). There is a salon for women downstairs - great services if in need of priming! The place is safe, in a great neighborhood, close to shops, a park, food, fruit vendors. It is not too far from the metro. I definitely feel like I have a place to stay whenever I am back in Delhi, which I hope is soon!

Thank you so much for the hospitality, and the high standards of service!! Definitely recommend. Prices are reasonable, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
vylodging, Owner at Tej Abode, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to write this review and for your thoughtful words. It is indeed our pleasure when our guests feel both the sensibilities and sensitivities we strive for at our Bnb.

It was lovely spending time with you and see you soon,

Be well,