Shanti Home
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel VIP Deluxe(New Delhi)
Palazzo Inn(New Delhi)
Very Good 4/5
Piccadily Hotel(New Delhi)
  • Pool
Palazo Inn Hotel(New Delhi)
Excellent 5/5
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
  • Fitness centre
1,181 results
All reviewsrooftop restaurantyoga roomtandoori ovenboutique hotelan oasissmall hotelmetro stationcentral delhicommon areasfirst stopbusy cityi highly recommend this hotelindia tripbreakfast and dinnerairport pickuplong flightagra
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed at Shanti Home for the second time - it was my parents first visit to India - and there could not have been a better welcome to this country! The service which personalized everything from our arrival, our transfers, the cooking class we did, to the booking of our massages in the hotel made us feel at home. Every level of the hotel has an area dedicated to comfort - a lounge, a movie room, a computer area etc. The rooms are spacious and homely. Everything has been accounted for! And Chef Adel and his talented team - never have we eaten curries / tandoori so delicious! Breakfast was also a wonderful start to each day. An incredible place I would highly recommend - we can't wait to return!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Emma C
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Stayed at Shanti Home in New Delhi twice in May as I traveled in India and flew out of DEL. The hotel is located on the outer northwest section of New Delhi so is a bit further from central New Delhi but was very nice home base for my time in Delhi (both Old and New). Lobby is in the lower level (from street) and other 3 floor go up from street level with elevator available. Roof top restaurant is on what would be the 4th level.

Rooms I stayed in on 2nd floor were well appointed and had individual AC units (critical in late May or June summer temps) along with ceiling fan. Bed and sheets were very nice as was the bathroom with rain style shower head and individual hot water heater for the room. Ceiling fan in bathroom turned out to be huge help as I washed a couple shirts on the sink and they were dried under the fan breeze within 30 minutes.

Complementary bottled water in room every day was great. Also, plenty of power outlets for the computer, electronic and photographic charging needs. Complementary WiFi worked well in both room I stayed at.

Common area on each floor is really a nice space with room to spread out, AC and nice artistic touches along with India and Delhi-related information and historical reading materials.

Staff was excellent, very attentive and went out of their way to ensure every need was met at all times. This includes not just the hotel staff but the security folks, and all restaurant staff as well.

Rooftop restaurant (The Lantern - Terrace Garden Restaurant) had incredible food with very large portions (chicken Satay appetizer is a meal in itself), ice cold glasses for a chilled beer and fans for cooling on a hot May night all made for a very relaxing and enjoyable meal. Great selection of food both for breakfast and dinner and everything I had was excellent.

Nice selection of silk scarves and other souvenirs on the lobby to choose from.

Only drawback (and this is only applies if you want to explore the nearby area) is that the hotel is in a residential area that is not normally frequented by tourists. The hotel itself sits away from the road in a gated area and is very safe but make sure to talk with staff regarding areas to avoid and if going out at night.

Room Tip: I stayed in a premium room (Goa) which was very nice. They have a step up "Luxury Room" from here.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank ColdCorona
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Shanti Home exceeded my expectations by far. The staff helped plan our short stay in Delhi and organized a city tour and trip to Agra/Taj Mahal. We were also provided a mobile phone for our stay. The rooms were eclectic and felt authentic. Not just boring hotel decor. The massage I had was wonderful and the rooftop restaurant was excellent. Nothing bad to say. Comfortable bed, clean room, modern bathrooms. It was an oasis in Delhi. Only 25min drive to airport so perfect for early morning departures. I would certainly stay here again if I found myself in Delhi again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Heather M
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I will give them A+ , every thing was better than we expected, food, rooms, staff, every thing was wonder full, I recommend this small family like hotel to the people who likes nice and friendly hotel, we had very good time and enjoyed every bed of it, thanks to Pooja the manager with very special well com.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bagher A
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I've stayed at about a dozen different hotels and guest houses in Delhi and Shanti Home is the best by far. The hotel itself is very clean, quiet, set back from busy roads, and beautifully decorated. The hotel staff were incredibly accommodating, going out of their way to make my stay comfortable. The rooftop kitchen serves excellent fare and they even offer a cooking class where you make your own dinner. It was a really fun experience! They have clearly thought through the needs of travelers, offering complimentary airport pickups, great wifi throughout the building, complimentary laptops in the lounges, and even mobile phones on loan. I can't recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo