“Wonderful Staff - great rooftop restaurant”
Review of Shanti Home

Shanti Home
Ranked #4 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Seattle, WA
“Wonderful Staff - great rooftop restaurant”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We spent two night here, one on our way to Nepal (after touring Jaipur, Agra and Udapiur) and another night on our way back. Arriving late and tired I managed to get in a massage before dinner on the rooftop, which was wonderful. The staff couldn't have been more helpful with getting to and from the airport, they are great with details. We had dinner both nights at their rooftop restaurant, which we really enjoyed and the food was excellent, breakfast was also very good. Both our rooms were very comfortable and clean with large bathrooms.

This is a place I would recommend to friends and would stay here again if in Delhi, especially if it was a one night stop to and from the airport.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank traveldreamsII

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Shanti Home is a small "boutique" hotel. You know you are in India but without "costumed" hotel staff. Rooms are clean and very adequate, not overly fancy. Beautiful common-use lounges on each floor. Excellent AC (it "cooled" down to 90 at night when I was there). Staff will set you up with taxi and/or guides. I wish I had just arranged a Taj Mahal tour through them since pick up/drop off would have been much easier. EXCELLENT breakfast (on the roof top) that just keeps coming and coming, if you let the servers have their way. I think the restaurant is 24/7. The only problem is you are quite a ways from everything so you spend a lot of time in a vehicle in the insanely crazy traffic of Delhi. Of course, that is part of the adventure, isn't it? Thus the 4, instead of 5, rating. It's kind of a place to stay and relax. Maybe go out once during the day or evening.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank randyllwarehime
Queensland
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This is a fantastic place. It is a little far out of the city it takes a good 30mins by metro but it makes up for it with the amazing staff and beautiful rooms. They helped at every turn whether it was to get an autoshaw or help me plan my day they where fantastic. On my first outing in the evening they gave me their mobile to use just encase I had any problems and walked me to the metro and showed me what to do. What I really liked it that they listened to what I wanted to do and didn't try to up me on tours that I wasn't interested in. I said that I was happy travelling around solo and not once did they try to sell me a tour. A special thanks to Pooja was a great help in planning my outings.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank EmilyAust
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2013

My husband, son and I stayed at Shanti Home in June 2013 based on Trip Advisor and others recommendations. Thank you Pooja, Ravi and all the staff. Your service is exceptional. From the airport pickup, the welcome, the rooms, the massage and the food is all of the highest standard. The manager Pooja booked train trips, flights and gave us the best advice on travelling and sights. The rooms are gorgeous and the beds are so comfortable! Breakfast is included and is delicious. Dinner was the tastiest tandoori in India. Shanti Home is truly the best hotel in India. You could teach many other countries about service. Thanks so much. M T and E - Sydney Australia

3 Thank MCSydney C
san antonio
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We got to the hotel after 3 weeks of volunteering and sightseeing in Palumpur and Delhi. It was late at night and our train had broken down and turned a 7 hour ride into a 13 hour nightmare.
I had booked this online because it seemed to represent India like no other hotel, and I wanted my grandson to experience all the best of India.
We were greeted by Rica and the other excellent staff, with a lei and a cool glass of mango juice, and shown around the hotel before we were taken to our room. A lounge for laying about in the morning with one of 3 English language newpapers and an available computer, a television and DVD room if you wanted to unwind at night, and a relaxing rooftop restaurant with delicious food. Our room was everything we needed and more. The only area I would address negatively was the weight of the quilt on our bed. It felt good in the cool room, but I had dreams that I was being held down. They probably have alternatives to offer. We spent our last two nights here, and I got my grandson a heavenly massage the night before we were leaving, for about $20.
You tip in a pink elephant that is shared by everyone. We liked that. You will always be glad you chose this hotel.

Room Tip: It probably wouldn't matter. All rooms are completely quiet and dark.
4 Thank americantravelers_7
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We stayed here a few nights a while back (March 2011) on our trip through India. The staff was incredibly accommodating and helpful. The rooftop restaurant was divine and convenient. Overall, it was a tremendous experience (and we have high standards). We will definitely stay there again when we revisit India.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank kavu
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed at Shanti Home for the second time - it was my parents first visit to India - and there could not have been a better welcome to this country! The service which personalized everything from our arrival, our transfers, the cooking class we did, to the booking of our massages in the hotel made us feel at home. Every level of the hotel has an area dedicated to comfort - a lounge, a movie room, a computer area etc. The rooms are spacious and homely. Everything has been accounted for! And Chef Adel and his talented team - never have we eaten curries / tandoori so delicious! Breakfast was also a wonderful start to each day. An incredible place I would highly recommend - we can't wait to return!!!!!

3 Thank Emma C