“New Year's at Shanti Home”
Review of Shanti Home

Shanti Home
Ranked #5 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 7 January 2014

It was great stay from me and my fiance at Shanti Home in Delhi. We took the special package for 1 day. It included...

a. Driver for 80 km, from 0930 till 1750 hrs: he was prompt and very courteous. Took us to great shops and we had a great time him.

b. Ayurvedic Massage for an hour: bliss, the couple massage was pure bliss for us and we wished it lasted just bit longer

c. Sufi music and New Year's Dinner : we loved the music and performance. We danced and drank into the New Year. The food was great and, so was the company.

d. Breakfast : Nutella crepes with masala omellete made a good start for the year.

We found the staff very nice and responsive, importantly punctual. We enjoyed the company of our manager and his beautiful family!

Will be certainly visiting again :)

Room Tip: Go for the package, it's helps cover a lot of ground in most relaxing manner!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tushar V

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We spent the first night of our 2 week holiday in this hotel and it was first class. The hotel staff were friendly and welcomed us with a complimentary drink while we checked in. I really enjoyed the roof top terrace where we had a lovely evening meal cooked in the tandorri oven, whilst local musicians played the sitar and tablar whilst we ate. Would love to stay again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adam B
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed here for a day with some friends. I had a pretty decent experience at this Hotel, the staff were attentive and kind, the location was good and rooms were comfortable. Hotel came with a complimentary wi-fi facility which proved pretty handy. Breakfast menu was standard and filling. had booked at the last minute so could not get a very good bargain on the room rates. But all in all a good experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank vaibhav g
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

I know you can't always believe what you read but this is really as good a stay as others rate, we were picked up promptly from the airport and even though it was 2am we were offered food or refreshments on arrival. The room "Bombay Masala" was clean & tidy and the bed comfortable. The staff and service are exceptional and the food for breakfast & evening meal was good quality. To find a negative about this place you would have to be really picky, especially for the price you pay. So keep up the good work Pooja and staff you are doing and exceptional job.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank budyup
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed here for one night during a 3-week tour through northern India. Only disappointment was not staying here longer. Welcome was sweet (marigold necklace, bindi on forehead and photo at front desk), room was spic and span with reliable internet service, high end soaps/shampoos in rooms, rooftop restaurant was delicious, and travel support with hiring drivers / booking rail tickets flawless. Would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Stephan T
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Delhi is a crazy and overwhelming city for a tourist so far from home but shanti home was an absolute gem. The hotel is beautifully furnished and equipped with everything you need. The meals were wonderful and the rooftop garden was a highlight for us. Our tours were organised and the staff was always lovely. The only downfall would be that I was promised via email a cost of our stay and at check out it was 150USD more which I was not so happy about.

• Stayed: December 2013
5  Thank Helou D
Reviewed 19 December 2013

My traveling companion and I booked luxury rooms here for two nights at the end of a five-week Indian adventure, and I'm happy we did. We were seeking a quiet place for much needed rest and relaxation, and we had no intention of venturing out -- we merely wanted to prepare for the long journey home. Shanti Home was a wise choice for that. It is not centrally located to downtown Delhi, but we were fine with that. In fact, we met another traveler there preparing for a 3-week trek, who like us, was sublimely happy to simply enjoy the beautiful home-like environment for a few days before embarking on his adventure.

I enjoyed my spacious,spotless, and comfortable room and bath (we'd gotten used to "bucket baths" in an ashram, so it was pure luxury to have a proper shower!), with an inviting king size bed. There are lovely guest lounges on every floor with computers and high-speed internet connections, so we were able to re-connect with family and friends quite easily.

There is a separate television room with DVD's and a nice yoga room with hardwood floors. There is massage and mehendi available, too. The Lantern, the rooftop dining room, is superb, the food and service outstanding in every way.

Aside from its beautiful ambiance, what made Shanti Home so special for me was the staff. I truly felt like I was in the company of angels! They were always smiling and eager to please. I credit Shanti Home's unique tip policy for that. Guests are asked to simply put tips into the elephant banks in the guest lobby and restaurant -- the tips are shared equally among the staff. This brilliant policy took the awkward "guess work" out of interactions with staff, easing the way for genuine and pleasant exchanges. As a result, I'm sure I way "over tipped," and I was happy to do so. I left Shanti Home well rested and ready for the long journey home.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends