“Incredible staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 706 Hotels in New Delhi
Missoula
“Incredible staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

The people at Shanti Home make sure your every need is taken care of. The rooms are wonderful, with great air conditioning. They serve some of the best food in India and always with a smile on their face! Absolutely the place to stay in New Delhi.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Taylor K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is the second time that I had the amazing opportunity to stay at Shanti Home. I was there two years ago and cannot believe how wonderful a place it is. The rooms are so beautiful. They are decorated in an impeccable fashion and so clean and welcoming. You are greeted by an amazing staff who attends to your every need with love and attention. At the top of the hotel is an amazing restaurant with a delicious and nutritious menu. I cannot highly recommended this place enough to anyone who is traveling to New Delhi. The city can be a difficult place but you will find a peaceful atmosphere the Shanti Home which will recharge you and allow you to feel at ease. I plan on returning there every time I am in India.

1 Thank Straykitten88
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I loved everything at the hotel from the friendly staff to the delicious food! The rooms made me more than comfortable too, they were the best hotel rooms I could've asked for. The beds were fluffy and warm but not hot! The Lantern restaurant located on their terrace had a menu filled with tons of options, ever single option is delicious! Look no where else, Shanti Home is the hotel for you!

1 Thank McKennaConnor
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was blessed to stayin Shanti home for the beginning and end of my trip to India, and I never felt so much at home anywhere else. First you are met with gorgeously adorned sitting rooms, filled with comfortable couches and bookshelves full of reading material; each lounge has a specific theme, and I was lucky to end my trip in the Ganesha lounge, stocked with an Internet-ready laptop for my convenience. Once assigned to a charmingly Indian-themed named room, you can either take the lift or comfortably the stairs, which gives you the chance to observe all the vintage Bollywood posters hanging along the walls. The actual bedrooms are crisp with fresh and reliable A.C., which is truly a lifesaver after adventuring in the New Delhi heat, and you will usually find beautiful Indian art hanging above your beds. The bathroom is fully stocked as well, and is cleaned daily for your convenience, so you can focus more on resting from your adventures. Shanti Home also houses a restaurant on the rooftop, which is always buzzing with activity by a dedicated and incredibly kind wait staff. My personal recommended meals from Shanti Home would be the Nutella crepes for breakfast, and a surprisingly delightful paneer tikka for quick lunch or a tasty dinner, and don't be shy; the menu is vast and delicious, perfect for anyone interested in trying good Indian food. Shanti home truly is a home away from home, and as are young student from the United States, I can't wait to visit again!

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed at the Shanti Home at the beginning and end of our tour of India. The hotel is only small but the welcome is very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. I arrived at 10am but was able to have my room and was served breakfast without charge. When I arrived again at the end of my tour our internal flight was delayed and we did not arrive until almost 2am but the welcome was just the same. My room was well furnished, spotlessly clean and air conditioned. Food is excellent, and the staff very attentive and first class. I loved the roof top restaurant and the tranquility of the public rooms. A gem of a hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank David W
Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed at Shanti Home at the beginning and end of our 2 week tour of India. It was by far our favorite place we stayed. The staff was very helpful and helped make travel arrangements for us even when we weren't staying there. We loved the decor, sitting rooms and rooftop restaurant. We ate there for all our meals as the food was absolutely delicious! We would highly recommend this quaint hotel!

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank tzignego
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel was very unique and manicured each room had their own look and feel of beauty and comfort. The premises was well taken care of the and the staff was outstanding. Upon our arrival we were greeted by Poojah the manager (a darling) and her friendly and attentive staff. We chose the Taj and City Tour package which was great because we had limited time in New Delhi but wanted to get in as many sites as possible. The package includes 2 nights stay, a private driver (no guide - not needed accept at the Taj), massage and dinner for 2. Overall it was a decent package we didn't have time to do much else after being out all day so we were ok with having our meals at the hotel. The rooftop restaurant was lovely, the meals were very tasty and one of our dinners was included in our package as well as our breakfast and they had a nice assortment. The room was sizable for 2 people the AC unit/ Ceiling Fans were very good and the bathroom was just as big with everything you need. It was one of the only hotels I stayed in on my entire trip that had great water pressure and Hot Water (for long periods of time). The room was very clean and clear of any insects and other creatures that sometimes inhabit areas with warm climate. The staff was always on hand every hour to help with anything and everything you desired. It was very refreshing to find that such exceptional hospitality still exist. The area where the hotel is located is not ideal for exploring by foot but I didn't find that any of the places I wanted to see would be within walking distance of one another. The car service was decent but varied day to day. We enjoyed the Shanti Home so much we even returned for an overnight stay later in our trip before continuing on to their establishment in Goa. What a wonderful "Boutique style" Hotel!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends