“Just Super”
Review of Shanti Home

Shanti Home
Ranked #5 of 727 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 29 December 2009

This hotel is a treat not to be missed. Fantastic welcome, lovely staff, big quiet rooms & excellent management. Cleanliness is definitely next to godliness at this hotel. The hotel is close to the metro and also has very good drivers. The one minor disadvantage is that there is no attractive local shopping or restaurant area - but New Delhi doesn't seem to be that sort of city so that might the same for all decent hotels. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 December 2009

Stylish and quietly efficient, Shanti Home combines a traditional feel to the decor with all modern conveniences. It is well located for the airport, although some distance from the centre, and on a gated street tends to be relatively quiet at night. Although the south Delhi skyline hasn't much to offer, the rooftop restaurant has a pleasant ambiance, and the food is good. If you don't need 4-star frills, this little place is an ideal and welcoming introduction to Indian hospitality.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2009

Shanti Home is a magnificent hotel in Delhi and I have never experienced such incredible service before.

The hotel arranged the pick up from International airport in the late night. I travel my own but I feel immediately confidence in the Hotel.

The owner and staff are so friendly and welcoming which is really exceptional in Delhi. The owner gave me the practival advices for my safe and secure travel in India. Thank you Mr.Rajat.

The rooms are well decorated and I like the name of my room "BOLLYWOOD"

The hotel helped me to book my train ticket in advance on my request email.

I could not recommend this hotel enough, I am completely happy and satisfied with Shanit Home.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 11 December 2009

We stayed in the hotel in the beginning and at the end of our stay in india. The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly, the rooms are very nice, the whole hotel is in really good shape, very clean and nicely decorated, the food on the roof terrace is excellent - what more can i say...! The service mentality and helpfullness is extraordinary. It is a bit far away from the centre, but can be reached easily by metro which is close by. Would definitely come again and will recommend to friends anytime!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lexifan
Reviewed 6 December 2009

Shanti Home is somewhere we would never have considered without the incredibly positive reviews here. And the other reviewers are absolutely right. There are places one visits to see the sites and others one visits just to get away. Shanti Home fulfills both - the chance to see Delhi and to spend evenings in a lovely inn. We, unfortunately, only spent one night at the tail end of a trip. The rooms were comfortable and the dinner was great - terrific Tandoori in an intimate atmosphere. The following day we went to see Delhi sites on a trip arranged by Shanti Home. Everything was perfect. We returned for a massage and another dinner before catching a late night flight back to the US.

A completely charming experience - we will be back!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank bostonfreqflyer
Reviewed 22 November 2009

I stayed here as the first of many hotels on a 14 days trip in India. I had booked this hotel since it had a good rating here on Tripadvisor and because I had read that other travellers had received help in putting together a complete itinerary. I may not have been complete firm on where I wanted to go, but the plan that I ended up with backed by help from Shanti Home proved not to be as fantastic as I had hoped for. Moreover, I booked a car with driver to take me through Rajastan for 4 days, which in retrospect proved to be comparatively pricy. Restaurant is good, rooms are nice and clean. Location could be better. Free internet.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Flemming_Meineche
Reviewed 22 November 2009

The welcome is one of the best I have ever received. The staff are extremely pleasant and helpful. The staff on reception helped us to plan a day in Delhi, detailing routes and sites to see, along with how much the transport should cost. The tube is conveniently close and Shanti Home, they even sent someone with us the first time to show us where it is located.

The rooftop restaurant has a beautiful atmosphere and delicious food, the staff were again very helpful and met all of our special requests.

The rooms are comfy and clean, the only addition which would be nice is a TV in the room. There is however a very comfortable TV room, library, WI-FI and access to a computer with the internet.

I would definately recommend this hotel and hope to stay here again in the future!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family