“My Shanti Home”

Shanti Home
Ranked #5 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
“My Shanti Home”
Reviewed 23 May 2010

My words would be few to describe the warmth of this lovely hotel. I planned a Himachal trip with a 2 day stop over in Delhi. I had booked a suite and was provided "Konark" over an email and the staff confirmed my booking. I never paid a single dime as advance and the booking was confirmed over a phone call.I booked an Agra package, but cancelled it at the last moment and planned to stay in the hotel due to heat wave. Pooja was so cool and provided many options with a smiling face. Her concern was how I will benefit and get the maximum out of my trip. Pooja you are terrific! Lata showed us the room which were terrific for every dime I paid. Includes the forest essentials soaps, clean rooms, immaculate air conditioning. The hotel has a decent collection of books. The games include chess, chinese checkers. A gym with Bose music system and decent set of equipments and not to forget a complete wifi building. If you don't have a laptop don't worry the first floor library has a laptop and scanner to use 24/7.
Now coming to food the lantern serves a delicious food. I never heard a "No" and they made me biryani which was not in the menu. Their warmth to us for our small needs and the detail was an experience which makes them at par with a 5 star hotel. This reinforced my belief that people who run the hotel makes it world a best place.Rajat you have a fantastic team and they are your assets.
My 8 year old daughter Vedika loved all of them.
I am coming back again and would definitely recommend all of you this daimond of delhi

2 Thank kapihare2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 17 May 2010

We have recently returned from our second stay at Shanti Home, and somehow I don't think it will be our last. From the moment you enter into the tranquil, beautifully decorated grounds (you are greeted with a cold, refreshing beverage, which is heaven after the blistering heat), you feel at home. There seems to be no guest request that is too much for Rajat and his gracious staff to take care of. As an example, I left some medication in my room, emailed Rajat, and received a package in Goa a few days later. Incredible service, exceeding all expectations!

While in Delhi, we normally book the Shanti Home packages, which offer excellent value (and friendly English-speaking drivers). The vehicles are clean and have A/C if you'd like. It is well worth it to take advantage of these offerings--you can see much of Delhi in a day, if you time things correctly... we did... twice! Also, the trip to Agra (while long) was incredibly memorable... this monument will simply take your breath away. Make sure and stop by the 'famous' Petha (Indian sweet) shop along the main highway just outside of Agra.

The rooms at Shanti Home are spacious and well-cared for (not to mention spotless). We have stayed in both the Calcutta and the Bollywood rooms--lighting, water pressure, the A/C: perfect! Free WiFi was also a bonus (worked on our iphones). Also, the Lantern restaurant is a MUST. Not only is the food tasty and fresh, but the service is so attentive and warm. Although we enjoyed Delhi restaurants (and gelaterias) by day, we always seemed to have dinner at the Lantern!

In summary, Shanti Home has truly become our second home in Delhi: I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. Thank you, Rajat and colleagues for taking such good care of us! We hope to see you one day soon. Namaste!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Love2Escape
Oakland, California
Reviewed 16 May 2010

I've been a devoted user of TripAdvisor for a long while, but this is my first review. I was so pleasantly charmed by my recent experience at the Shanti Home that I feel I owe it to them and you, my fellow travelers, to share the experience. I arrived at the tail end of a 3-week trip in India, where I had grown accustomed to a level of service and hospitality that, I thought, came with mid-priced India hotels (not bad, but nothing distinctive). Shanti House was a very unexpected and welcomed exception. The staff is awesome; all of them. They were so eager to help and make my 3-day stay in Delhi, despite the record-breaking heat wave, a memorable one. The rooms are charming and very clean. The bed was outfitted with crisp and cool white cotton sheets (no creepy bedspreads to peel off the bed), and the rooftop, al fresca dining experience, with excellent India cuisine, was excellent. It was so hot last week in Delhi that I didn't have the energy to do much, so I was really grateful for all that Shanti Home had to offer. But what really distinguishes the hotel is the amazing service and attention to guest experience. It was as good as many 5-star hotels I've visited.
I hate to admit it, but I'm a news junkie, so I would have appreciated an in-room television (but certainly no deal breaker, and there was a charming TV lounge on my floor). The whole hotel has free wifi, which was great. I would have made good use of a desk in my room, since I had work to do. I definitely would have appreciated a better bedside reading light, and I have no sense of Delhi geography, so I can't give great insight on the location. It was a 40 minute drive to Connaught Place and about 35 minutes from/to the airport. It is close to the Metro, which I used one time, but, due to the heat wave, gave up in preference for A/C taxis.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank razz94610
bangalore
Reviewed 13 May 2010

good hotel at a convenient location. best services.. a perfect value for the money offered. stayed with my family for a couple of days at this place. would recomend this to everyone.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 9 May 2010

We booked this hotel having read the reviews here and it did not disappoint. It is truly a wonderful retreat from the dust, heat and noise of Delhi. The rooms are large, clean and handsomly furnished. The hotel also boasts a number of public rooms that are beautifully decked out and great to kick back in. What really marks this place out is the service. Pooja and the front of house staff were exceptional. I cannot speak highly enough of their courtesy, helpfulness and warmth. This place is a gem, I would definately return.

• Stayed June 2008
Delhi
Reviewed 6 May 2010

The Hotel Ambience is quite good. Got a chance to visit the hotel and check out the rooms, it was wonderful. The services were quite good. You can get a room in a much affortable price of around 6K and get services like a 5-star. Must visit.

Regards
Sarina

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Noida
Reviewed 5 May 2010

Its a very good experience to stay here. i had stay in july 2007 the infrastructure the view ,the spacious bedroom the boloney's attached with him.This is a very good place where any one can stay also its not expansive.

Stayed July 2007