Shanti Home
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel VIP Deluxe(New Delhi)
Palazzo Inn(New Delhi)
Piccadily Hotel(New Delhi)
  • Pool
Palazo Inn Hotel(New Delhi)
Savoia Hotel(New Delhi)
Dwarka Palace(New Delhi)
  • Restaurant
  • Fitness centre
1,181 results
All reviewsrooftop restaurantyoga roomtandoori ovenboutique hotelan oasissmall hotelmetro stationcentral delhicommon areasfirst stopbusy cityi highly recommend this hotelindia tripbreakfast and dinnerairport pickuplong flightagra
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 February 2011

I liked this place. A lot. Mostly we stayed in budget places in India but treated ourselves one night of luxury in Shanti Home before we returned to the UK. It was a quiet haven after the chaos.

Ranjat and the rest of the team were personable, professional and sincere. Real, genuine service - from the lovely guy who picked us up from central Delhi to the accomodating and polite waiting staff in the restaurant.

The rooms were spotlessly clean, very Westernised in terms of facilities but with nice Indian decoration and flavour. The spaces you could hang out in - like the Krishna library, the movie room and the Lantern restaurant were all comfortable, chilled and had nice details whether that was beautiful wooden sculptures or access to a free laptop. They were hugely accomodating (without being pushy or obsequious) suggesting drinks/food for my poorly friend and even bringing me a little reading light whilst I was writing on the rooftop at dusk.

I can't comment in terms of location as we enjoyed the Shanti Home so much we just stayed in the hotel and ate a delicious meal at the rooftop Lantern Restaurant. I suspect it's not super convenient for central Delhi but it's close to the metro and so in 23 mins you can get there. Did I mention - it's quiet (by India standards). Quiet in Delhi??!! Oh and the food really was delicious and beautifully presented - how often do you have a tomato lantern in the middle of your Tandoori Paneer?

If you can afford it - stay there!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank catsfizog
Reviewed 7 February 2011

I stayed here with a friend, a first time visitor to India. The hospitality of the staff and their attention to detail could have matched any great five star hotel anywhere in India. In fact in certain areas they are a cut above the rest. We organised a car from the guesthouse for a trip to Agra and Jaipur. When the driver came to pick us up, we were handed a travel guide, map as well as information on the destinations we were going to. A few hours later, we got a call to check if all was ok and we were comfortable in the drive. Just EXCELLENT. I have had such trips arranged by five star agencies and hotels before, however the service from Shanthi Home beat them hands down. KUDOS to all of you :-)

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2011

I stayed here on two occasions: in December and October 2010. The hotel is furnished nicely and its the little touches that I really liked. For example when I went touring Delhi with a friend they provided a little map and sent a staff member with us to the metro. Also I received complimentary car pick up from the airport and they were excellent. On my return to the UK my plane was delayed and the manager was excellent.

The restaurant is very pleasant and for breakfast the 'Indian dish of the day' is a great way to try things. However I would say that the drinks are quite expensive.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank lotrrulzu
Reviewed 3 February 2011

Execllent service from all staff. Superb rooms and very good rooftop restaurant. Reasonably close to Metro for travel to old/new Delhi sights, but little else of interest in the locaility. Prices are high for such a distsnce from town.Excellent and interesting furnishings and furniture makes this place quite special.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lesaugust
Reviewed 2 February 2011

We stayed there for a night, we reached very late around 10 PM and checked out by 8 AM,. so could not fuly explore the hotel and the metro station.

Even though it was almost 10: 30 PM, they opened the kitchen and the tandoor oven for us and the dinner was excellent. The food was fresh, well made and service was exceptional. The chilled beer was good. The restaurant is at roof top. Breakfast was also very good.

There is a public room with TV and lounge with some movie selections. They also have a tailor shop , a small gym and a handi craft shop in the basement.

Staff at check in was very good and helpful. Room we stayed was small and felt cramped (one of the luxury rooms) , though bathroom was fine. Location is not very convenient, quite a bit of drive from the airport. The prices are a bit higher for the room, they could reduce the price, considering that rooms are not very spacious.

Overall I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family