“Yuck!”

Ranked #721 of 1,096 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Yuck!”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

This was my last hotel of my trip. I just got back from Jaipur and this is what my tour guide booked for me. I would have rather stayed at my other hotel in Paharganj. I understand I am in India...but this place was a below even Indian standards.

I got to my room...it had a flat screen TV and a comfy looking duvet...but it had hair on it. I had my hair up and my hair is a reddish tone...this hair was long and black. The room was ok clean...not as clean as other rooms I have seen in India. The room was freezing....and had the standard bucket with my shower. I didnt even bother to shower since I was going home that night anyways. I tried to go down to the restaurant...but the guy at sitting in the restaurant was more interested in watching the cricket match than taking my order. I waited to eat at the airport.

I wouldnt have never chose this place for myself. The owner wanted me to refer my friends to come back here...I took his card and told myself I wouldnt send my worst enemy here....well maybe I would...but still...its bad. I was waiting for my driver and couldnt wait to get out of there.

This place was an epic fail....ugh!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank DaniCalifornia81

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Delhi
Reviewed 27 October 2012

There are cockroaches in every room. We killed the first one just after chick in and showed it's remains to the reception. They suggested another room and after reviewing it we moved there. The administrator assured us that the room is clean and there is no any insects there. But the next evening we killed another one. The administrator tried to change our room again. We reviewed two more rooms and there were died cockroaches so changing rooms was senseless. So we called to our tour operator and demanded to change the hotel immediately. Thanks for them they helped us (it was Diamond Tours) and remaining 2 nights we spend in a good one.

Adding about Blue Sapphire: bedclothes are dirty and shower is not working in at least 4 rooms.

So, we suggest to beware of this place

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Artem B

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights after being offered this accom for free as part of a package tour. The rooms are small but clean. The bathroom stays wet after you have a shower because there is a drain at the other end of the room. Tv and fridge. Ok for a cheap place in Delhi. We felt comfortable here

• Stayed October 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Part of a scam! Also looks nothing like these pictures now- dirty , drape and smelly.
Taken here after being a long planned out dirty scam taking tired, young and vulnerable tourists straight off the plane at Delhi airport to a scummy tourism office after a taxi driver said he could not find my actual hotel. On arriving at the tourism office they claimed to phone my hotel who I was passed the phone to after the guy dialled obviously a different number. I spoke to who the apparent hotel manager who told me the hotel was full and they would be transferring us to their sister hotel- The Blue Sapphire.

Should have twigged sooner but after a long long journey I just wanted a bed.
Arrived and it looked crap from the outside but this was my first time to India so was unsure what I should be expecting. Once inside the manager was not so helpful and when questioned he didn't speak much English. Thankfully I told them I'd already paid for the hotel in advance so they couldn't charge me for this horrible place.

Once in the room which was small, dirty, dark, smelly with a disgusting toilet that hadn't been cleaned and had urine all over the seat, I set about contacting my actual hotel myself. They then came to pick me up and I confronted the manager who denied all wrong doing.

A bigger guy (perhaps the owner) then turned up and was very arrogant and tried to bully me in to thinking I had made a mistake. I wanted to flush his head down the manky toilet I had be given but restrained myself for the thought of my up already upset girlfriend.

There was a plethora of pathetic little men buzzing around him trying to look busy and genuine. I almost took pity on their act of desperation to tout for business by scamming people who are caught unawares.

Not even a touristy area either so didn't feel safe and could expect a lot of hassle from hawkers and other touts.

So DO NOT STAY HERE! Or even if you hear the hotel blue sapphire mentioned- tell the taxi man/ con artist NO!

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter E
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I booked this hotel though cleartrip.when i reached railway station my paid pick up was waiting for us.i took almost 40 minutes to reach the hotel.initial impression was not good.but we were happy to see the size of the room.it read very big.the sheets were clean.bathroom was good.a good lcd tv was also there.we stayed there 4 nights.every day they cleaned room and changed the sheets.service was very good.and the manager was very helpful.now the bad part which is very few.the non vegetarian food was disappointing.the complimentary breakfast was also stale.it was very noisy from the streets till 11 pm.but that was expected.it took 30 rupees in cycle rickshaw to the nearest metro station through the busy streets.overall we had a pleasant stay except for the food.and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Wonderful hotel, old style, everything you could want, or they will get it for you. Next to a Christian colony. Interesting to watch the people go by.
Good food and a good breakfast
Clean

Room Tip: If you dont like it ask for another
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We stayed with my friend one night in this hotel in December 2011. I've chosen this place because there pictures of the rooms in internet were colorful and I was already bored with this one-color-walls in all indian hotels. We got a room in blue color - it's good but everything there in the hotel was quiet old and needs a renovation. Also room are overpriced and the location is quite poor. For one night it was quite ok but I won't come back there again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple