“Average rooms and below average amenities”

Hotel Singh International
Ranked #367 of 707 Hotels in New Delhi
Chennai (Madras), India
“Average rooms and below average amenities”
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I had stayed at this hotel on a short visit to Delhi. To start with, this hotel is located in a very congested place and after we reached here....we were greeted by the hotel staff who were very cordial. While waiting in the reception for the staff to take us to our rooms, to our horror we saw rats running around in the false ceiling of the reception. Putting these thoughts behind, we went to the rooms. One was dimly lit and the other was lit up bright. Upon inspecting the sheets, we noticed that sheets were stained and looked like an effort was made to clean it however they gave up when the stain looked like it was not budging. The least they could have done is not use that sheet anymore on the bed. Being tired, we decided to give this too a pass and decided to have something to eat and sleep since we had to travel to Agra the next morning. The food from the rooftop restaurant was okay however they do not serve breezers so watch out for that and get your own stock if you like to have one with your meal. Powercuts are another thing that you need to be ready for since Delhi is know for it. Ensure that you run the air conditioner long enough for the room to stay cool until the back up generators are switched on. Again...good staff...bad location, average food and average rooms.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Vtkpoovathingal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 1 May 2011

rooms are spacious. Very clean. Excellent service. Bathrooms of international standards.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank shafiq212
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 August 2010

recentely I had traveled to India to visit my friend Junaid and his family in Kashmir with I concider my second family. I love India and its culture. I am a Brazilian and I adopt my friends in Kashmir like my own family. Needless to say that I feel in heaven when I am in their company.
And my favorite hotel to stay while in rout to Kashmir is the Singh International;
I recomend it, it is a very pleasant place. the rooms are very confortble and very clean. The staf are very corteous and very polite. The atmosphere is very peacefull, if you like a place with a good spiritual energy that's is the place to stay!!!!!! My first stay at Singh International was in November of 2008 and since than than I became a regular costumer. It is a five star service!!!!
Tums up for all staf !!!
Sonia Gordon

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank soniasart
Mumbai
Reviewed 30 July 2010

Stayed here in March with an office colleague on an official trip..........The room was quite big and worth the price.

In all....Delhi is quite steep, so the price was fair compared to what I would otherwise get.
its in a small lane, not far from Karol Bagh area, and a few minutes walk to the Metro........The are is good and quiet.but can get very lonely at night.....pretty dead by like 9 pm....thats a small drawback

Decent staff, smiling and courteous.

I believe the hotel is run by a sardarji and family. I saw pretty much the entire family sitting comfortably at the front-desk......sweet old grandmother smilling away and seemingly teasing her little grandson....anice family environment around

Good hotel, helpful staff.........room service food was bit heavy and oily ( but I guess thats pretty much all around the city)....dont order too much food ...compared to your normal capacity....as food here ( all over Delhi, this hotel was no exception )is quite heavy
We were starved when we returned and ordered "little food-like a small bite"..but we ended up wasting quite alot.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank gautammasand
Margao, India
Reviewed 22 July 2010

I booked this hotel for my 4 night stay in Delhi. It was 1 of the best hotel you can ever get in Karol Bagh.

Room service is really fantastic, prompt service is what you get.

Cleanliness is 1 of their priority.

Rooms are really done well.

Ambiance is great.

Reception is friendly and very warm staff.

The location is fantastic.

Will always stay here when in Delhi.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank VarunPrabhuDessai
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 December 2009

Should have known you get what you pay for , it was cheap and the hotel reflected that.
If you are a non smoker this is not a nice place , the rooms reeked of cigarettes as there are no non smoking rooms, the service is very poor along with the breakfast.
I would certainly pay a little more and go to a less noisier and cleaner hotel in the future

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Pritpal J

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

calgary
Reviewed 12 November 2008

HOTEL SINGH INTERNATIONAL IS TRULY A PLACE FIT FOR KINGS!! I had an excellent stay at this clean, efficient, and quite hotel! I was close to the market, good food, and the real INDIA

• Liked — CLEAN, EFFIECENT, QUITE, VERY CENTRAL
  • Disliked — NOTHING!!
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank dentureCalgary