“Authentic Mexican Cuisine in Khan Market”
Review of La Bodega

La Bodega
Ranked #317 of 12,817 Restaurants in New Delhi
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Khan Market/Lodhi Garden
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Located in the famous Middle lane of Khan Market, this restaurant spread over 2 floors with a balcony serves authentic Mexican cuisine. After much adieu, finally once can savor mexican food in Delhi (last i remember was Sanchos which got closed down). The place is done up well, minimalistic but impressive. The food is delicious and service of the staff excellent. Only suggestion to the restaurant is the meal helpings which they can increase considering typical delhi people appetite. Would recommend this place for a good time out.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

A authentic Mexican restaurant is finally here.. La bodega.. Opened just three months back, I have eaten there a couple of times with friends and family and all of us have gone home satisfied.

My favourites in the starters are the shrimp tacos/ tostadas and the chicken tacos and quesadillas. For vegetarians tomate confidate is a must try. In the main course I thoroughly enjoy the chicken sandwich (Milanesa de pollo) which is filled with freshly made chipotle sauce and definitely recommend others to try it. You can ask them for extra sauce and they are happy to oblige.
I must add that a meal at la bodega is not over till you don't try the tres leches. It is divine ! (Must try). The churros with the thick chocolate sauce is also pretty good.

For the tequila lovers -- must try their varied variety of margaritas ! They are yum and equally potent ;)

To conclude, this place has a fun vibe and great atmosphere.. The outdoor seating is a nice place to come relax, sip on margaritas and bite on those extremely crisp shrimp tacos. I will definitely be going there again.

Do try!

1  Thank Aashman B
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I'm so glad there is finally a good place that serves authentic Mexican food. Its been a while since I've had such good out side Mexico

1  Thank Raghav M
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I read the other reviews but would have to disagree. I was visiting Delhi and went to La Bodega for dinner with a couple of girlfriends and was absolutely delighted. Maybe since they're new, they're constantly improving their menu and service so I got in at the right time?

Drinks: We started off with a pitcher of Tamarind margaritas - a must have - super refreshing, slid down the throat easily, and was appropriately strong!

Appetizers: We ordered a bunch of things to share. Good portions and very delicious. I particularly loved the shrimp taquitos and the chicken tacos.

Main Course: I ordered the Red snapper with the mexican rice and asked for it spicy. I was wow-ed. I fell short of licking my plate clean. The fish was cooked to perfection, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. The rice was spiced and sauced deliciously. My vegetarian friends raved about the Gorditas.

Dessert: We were stuffed and hesitantly ordered one Tres Leches to share. Do not leave La Bodega without trying this. I'll leave it at that.

Staff was very attentive, the owners stopped by our table to ensure everything was to our liking, the food was great, the ambience was A+ and the place was crowded. Definitely give it a try - you'll go back for more.

1  Thank Mansi J
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Visited La bodega last week and had a great experience. Love the ambience and the decor of the place. The servers were courteous and prompt with the dishes. But more importantly the food was excellent. The head chef is from Mexcio and the food is authentic Mexican. I highly recommend trying the tuna tostadas for starters, the duck leg for mains and the tres leches for dessert.

1  Thank ayeshagupta