“Most helpful staff”

Ranked #69 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Bend, Oregon
“Most helpful staff”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My stay at the Legend Inn was extremely comfortable and pleasant. The desk managers were exceptionally helpful. The food was great and the place was clean and quiet.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Western Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2011

After taking confidence in my fellow TA members' reviews, I thought this was going to be a good place to stay. Oh how wrong I was, and what were these previous reviewers smoking for this dump to be given such a high ranking.....please let me know because I would love to smoke some too!

The first disappointment was the non-attendance of my pre-arranged airport transfer. I waited about 15-20 minutes before 'spitting the dummy' and paying for a transfer at the airport. On arrival, I complained that there was nobody waiting for me. After a minor heated discussion, and the owner contacting the driver to prove he is there, and me telling him the facts on what time I arrived and how there WAS NOBODY - he refunded me the transfer costs. OK, a resolve had been met and I was pleased, but this was not to last.

My first impression of the property was very average, the reception area was hot, humid, uncomfortable and poorly presented. The elevator which took me to my floor was extremely tiny (and hot / uncomfortable) and may present problems for anyone who suffers from claustrophobia. The room key to my suite didn't work very well nor the lock itself. Which to me posed a security problem, to the extent that when I did retire for the night I dragged the sofa in front of the door.

The room was very spacious, but I requested a minimum of a double bed.....what I got was two, very uncomfortable, small single beds. One air-conditioner worked quite good but was extremely noisy (which was annoying and prevented a good night's sleep) and the other one seemed OK. The room had most of the standard amenities, just that the quality was on par with the room's condition - poor. The only good thing were the drinks available from within the mini-bar.

The bathroom was cramped, dirty, badly maintained and had several small bugs wandering around freely. The water pipe leading to the sink leaked and left water on the floor, which eventually spread toward the toilet - needless to say that when any clothes touched the floor they would hit this stagnant water. The actual shower was so dirty and disgusting I didn't use it.

After enduring a very bad night of very little sleep and a lot of discomfort, I checked out and headed toward the Intercontinental Eros by 10:00am the following morning. (I actually rang them and made the reservation at 4:00am in the morning and stated "If a room is available now send a driver now to collect me...PLEASE!!!!!")

Overall, India is terribly overpriced in it's accommodation tariffs, but I rather pay another 10,000rp and stay somewhere decent than this disgusting dive of a hotel. Avoid at all costs or suffer the same plight I endured. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank DJEargasm
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Rooms were very comfortable and the staff was super friendly and helpful! And the food was really good too. The room service had a good variety of western, chinese, and indian dishes. It was also really easy to arrange a car through the hotel to get us wherever we needed to go.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Johannesburg
Reviewed 24 June 2011

A great stay, even with Delhi melting outside! Luckily the AC was working perfectly and Dinesh and tean were on standby with excellent cutsomer service. Great, clean rooms and absolute efficiency!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Amazing little hotel in New Delhi. Read the reviews from here and decided to book, and it was well worth it. Dinesh and his staff are absolutely amazing. I felt like we were somewhat high maintenance, but he was always accommodating. They arranged car pickups and drop offs. I would highly recommended this place. Dinesh and the other guys there really want you to leave with a good impression of India. They were even upset when they found out we had booked a tour through someone else, paid more, and had bad service. Stop looking and book here.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2011

This was an incredible find in the Heart of New Delhi, with easy metro access to all tourist destinations. It was absolutely spotless, which is always my most important thing, and our room was very spacious, with a lounge area, although all are not like this. The staff were incredibly polite, friendly and helpful at all times. Although there is no restaurant, dont let this put you off. Breakfast is served in your room at no extra cost- just ring and it appears! We used room service in the evening as well. The food was beautifully cooked and presented, and very reasonably priced. Limitless supplies of tea and coffee, complimentary bottles of water- what more could you want? Would stay there again- cant say better than that.

Room Tip: 100m from Kailash Colony Metro Violet line
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Newton, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 March 2011

I traveled to New Delhi with my partner and a friend. Everyone was very pleased with our accommodations while at The Legend Inn. The location was excellent - very close to the M Block shopping center, restaurants, banking, gym, etc. The hotel food was also very good. Each morning we called our order in to the front desk, and it arrived hot and delicious in a matter of minutes. It was a great way to start the day. Also, I found the coffee to be superb, and I am an avid, but picky, coffee drinker. We were also impressed with the value of the hotel. The best part about this hotel though was the service. Each question was answered knowledgeably and courteously, and each request was handled very efficiently and ended with the hoped for results.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple