“A decent place to spend a night close to the airport”
Review of Airport Hotel

Airport Hotel
Ranked #278 of 1,086 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Bhubaneswar, India
“A decent place to spend a night close to the airport”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Best thing about this hotel is the location and the pickup and drop facility. Had to spend a night in the hotel to catch an early morning connecting flight. I was sick and the hotel staff were courteous enough to help me with medicine and customised food. Rooms are just ok. Food was average. Nothing great about the hotel - but a decent option to have for frequent travellers.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Except for a free pickup and drop to the airport (they will make you share the vehicle with other guests) that is close by, hotel is not so hygienic, rooms are small and dingy, staff is rude and non accommodating, will fleece you for food. They promised complimentary breakfast but would not accommodate even a sandwich at 0500 hrs that too with prior notice. Certainly not worth for the money they charge--no bang for the buck, no not even a fizz!!

Room Tip: Ask for room with a front view and higher floor
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank sj61

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Reading, UK
Reviewed 9 February 2013

The service here was the worst I received during my whole trip to India. The rooms are old, the blanket was filthy and my bathroom was moldy. The room smelt musty and I kept the fan on all night. I thought I had had some money stolen and went up to my room to go through my bag properly before I paid (here you have to pay upfront, but I explained the situation). I had been there 5 minutes when I received a rude phone call telling me that 10 minutes was enough to look through my bags and that I needed to come down and pay. When I explained, the guy on the phone persisted. Needless to say, I found my money minutes later and went down and paid. No apology. I would not stay here unless I really had to, though the proximity to the domestic terminal makes it very convenient.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank SarahH2013
Prasanthi Nilayam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Reviewed 7 February 2013

The room I got was very small, bathroom was very dirty and I was uncomfortable to touch any of the fittings in the bathroom. Not hygiene at all.
Dirty blankets were supplied without any sheets both inside and outside. The service was below average.

The complimentary breakfast was very ordinary. The restaurant was dark and stinky. Not felt comfortable at all.

The biggest mistake I made was not to read the reviews posted by earlier travelers to this property. I will not stay again and will not suggest anyone to stay. Waiting at the airport terminal would be a better choice and more comfortable.

Advantages: Close to the airport & Free pickup and drop.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Padmanaban
Male
Reviewed 8 November 2012

only good thing is that it is near to airport otherwise value for money is not there, rooms are small , restaurant is also not very good , service is poor. only for night stay is ok if early morning flight is there, if far hotel most of the time will be wasted in transfer only

Room Tip: If one can take a hotel little far , that will be better , if midnight or late night no other choic...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank 721jolly
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I have done all my hotel bookings only after seeing the review on Internet. But unfortunately I didn't get time to see the reviews of this hotel, that gives me a terrible experience ever in my life. They charged me 4400 for ac room, I thought they are charging this amount for their good facilities and unfortunately I didn't check the room before check-in.
The room was congested, bathroom does not have a ventilation or exhaust fan and an old 14 inch TV was laughing at me for my fate.
They are providing cab for chargeable basis (hotel- hauz khaz one way 700 rupees) , this is just twice as compared to mega cab. I don't want to explain anything more about this hotel. Please don't give a damn, just go to Mahipalpur and you will get good hotel facilities with reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Ashokan k
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2012

A large number of flights arrive in India at night. This hotel which is 10 minutes from Terminal 3 enables a quick transfer and sleep especially if you have a connecting flight the next morning.
There is a pick up as per request but the greeter is not always easy to find and he calls the vehicle which can take some 10 minutes to arrive.
The hotel is OK for a night and has a basic Indian breakfast. No complimentary bottled water in the room as is normal in Indian hotels. The AC can be noisy
The give a 20% discount in most cases so ask for it.
They also give a free trip back to the airport.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business