“Overall good for BBQ chicken but shawarma need improvement”
Review of Al-Bake

Al-Bake
Ranked #172 of 12,989 Restaurants in New Delhi
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Lebanese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Probably they need to learn what is an authentic Shawrma (also called donar kebab on Turkey). They make the Shawrma too oily and checked is almost minced. It is very different than the real Shawrma you get in Middle East. The bread used is also not upto the standard of real Shawrma. Since this joint is famous for the Shawrma I believe they should offer choice of a true Shawrma as well as indianised version.
The other BBQ chicken items are good.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This is not the authentic shawarma but I feel it's better for our Indian taste buds we would find the original thing to be too bland and tasteless. The service for take away is very fast and efficient however to eat in is a bit chaotic and the surroundings are also dirty (that's SDMC's fault not theirs). I have only had their shawarma's and the problem is that they are never consistent. At times they will be perfect and at times they will be too oily. Oily too such an extent that oil would be all you would be able to taste. Consistency would make them top notch otherwise it depends upon your fortune if you are there on one of their better days.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have been visiting this place since early 2000. Things have changed last 13-14 years. Except few.

Like the Nice Aunty still sits there along with same gentleman. They are same till today. Nice, down to earth and helpful.
During our mba time in late 90's and early 2000. It was a two shop joint selling swarma and very crowded.
But swarma and ingredients were fresh and being prepared before your eyes. I still remember rs. 20 a roll during that time and we use to joke what they give us in rs. 20. But one thing was sure the best swarma was served there.
Now in 2014 when we visited after say 12-14 years since last visited.
Lot of changes were there, it seems the whole shops in their row was in their shop around 5-7 shops
I was really happy to be there and meet the owners.
We order the same old swarma. Here came big disappointment. Every thing was pre cooked and olny rolling, mixing of herbs and tomato was taking place. Chicken mix was stale and not freshly cut as they use to do.
Taste detoriated. Hope things improve soon. Till that time i cannot recommend them as amazing.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Totally awesome. Is always busy. Food is finger licking good. If I come to delhi, I make sure I visit this place atleast once. You might not be able to grab a seat at this place but u can sure as he'll take it home and enjoy it. Must go.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

The best Shawarma in Town.I have been visiting this place since 2005 and still do it whenever i visit south Delhi.This place was my regular joint and the owner (a very polite and decent) lady knew me as a regular customer.I use to visit this almost every month till 2009 and this place has never disappointed me.However i feel that the quality has gone down a bit but nevertheless, it is great.