YWCA Blue Triangle Family Hostel
  • Pool
Nirula's Hotel(New Delhi)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsjanpath marketconnaught placesingh margsingle roomideal locationrooms are bigbabacapital
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I created a username and password in order to book on line. I did so, and received a receipt without the name of the hostel and without the dates.
Although the hostel sent me an email registering my username and email, now they do not work, and I cannot find out whether I have a reservation or not.
The hostel answered my emails immediately at first. Now they do not answer them at all.

I am in a quandry, thanks to them, I will arrive in New Delhi with no idea whether I have a reservation or have had my money stolen by someone. that is not a happy way to begin a visit to India.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Linda P
Reviewed 16 December 2012

This is my favorite place to stay in Delhi. Impeccably clean, safe, and great location (close to Cannaught Place, Jantar Mantar, shopping, cinemas, restaurants etc.). The rooms are nice, though bland and non-descript. The beds are always comfortable and hotel staffers are efficient. They've raised their tariff in the recent years but is still an excellent value for money option.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank sandschd
Reviewed 25 November 2012

The Blue Triangle is YWCA's insignia inverted. All of this year, I have been putting up with them and feel it is home. The receptionists know me and the restaurant even served me eggs and tea at 4 AM only this Tuesday. Although my trips are official, the stress is zero due to location.

My father booked two tours with their travel desk, one to Agra and one around town. He is happy.

What I really adore is that the reception gave me a band-aid for my cut and another asked me to bring some sweets this time as my work successfully completed on my last visit.

The rooms are furnished with bare minimum, but adequately. As it is a very old property, it is spacious and fitted as such. Everything is huge and yet well-maintained. The staff has been there for ages and you will soon want to return just to experience that warmth. The tarrif is also low - INR 1582 for a single room (B&B), a blessing if you ask a solo business traveller.

Due to its location, you are best connected to airport, railway station and places like Connaught Circle, Janpath and Gole Market within walking distance. There are two metro stations within walking distance - Patel and Rajiv Chowk. The bus stand outside and facing the gate serve to connect you to virtually everywhere in town.

Room Tip: Please call, email and get a reservation confirmation. You will have to make one night / 50% advance payment if you are checking in the first time. If you have been travelling in and out, that formality too will relax and you will only need to call in.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Jiji T
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I have stayed at YWCA several times and loved it. If you are there for business, want to be in a clean, safe and comfortable place with more than basic facilities for just Rs. 2500 ($50) then this is the place for you.

The breakfast is good and non spicy, can't tell enough about the location since its walking distance from Connaught place.

Rooms a big and bathrooms a very spacious. Service was good and would recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Dayal123
Reviewed 16 September 2012

It's a clean, safe hotel. The food is horrid. The front desk staff is very unpleasant and unfriendly. The Royal Support travel agent did a bait and switch on the car we rented. We were shown a nice spacious car which we agreed upon but on the day the car was not as we had agreed upon (a small unsafe car). This place is extremely rigid and unaccomodating. We wanted to stay a few hours beyond our scheduled departure and they wanted money for an extra day.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family