“Typical south taste”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Hyderabad, India
“Typical south taste”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Sambar is too good ,i mean very tasty,will give you south India memories, rawa masala dosa can be tried. Uttapam is ok but worth trying.

Visited August 2014
BenitaSharma, General Manager at Dakshin, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for dining with us. Your feedback is important to us. Request you to kindly advise if these dishes were ordered from Baywatch, since these dishes are not a part of the menu in Dakshin. We look forward to welcoming you back.

“Delicious and attentive”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We ate here twice because it was so good. The flavours were delicious, the dishes were beautifully presented and the service was extremely attentive but not too 'in your face' as we experienced in the Asian fusion restaurant next door - a perfect balance.

Visited July 2014
Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know that you had a great experience in Dakshin and you enjoyed the cuisine and service. We hope that WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi remains your preferred hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Kathmandu, Nepal
“Good South Indian Food”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Nice place to have authentic south indian food. I liked appam and kerala coconut based vegetable stew. I also liked the veg thali, which is a mix south indian platter.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Rajat-Sarawagi
BenitaSharma, General Manager at Dakshin, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know that you had a great experience in Dakshin and you enjoyed the cuisine. We hope that WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi remains your preferred hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back.
New Delhi, India
“south indian at is best”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

hey all want to try south of india than u should visit this restaurant if u r in delhi . this one gives u best of all . my fav is apam dosa . everything is best to perfection. no more words just excellent . must try guys.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank tusharanand1
Dubai
“"Please stop asking me about each dish, everything is simply perfect"”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

From the moment you enter Dakshin you feel this restaurant has taken many years to refine it's cuisine and service focussed on creating an authentic fine-dining experience that's truly unique in terms of atmosphere and flavour. From the attentive stewards who patiently explain each nuance of every dish and it's geographical origin, to the slightly quirky copper lamp shades hanging from elephant trucks, and the comforting seating as well as soothing classical lighting, it felt good for a change to experience fine-dining without the distractions of more modern and often defiantly distracting decor, loud music and the pomp of more trendy Nouvelle Cuisine set-up.
I came in with a bit of a defiant attitude, specially since my last two attempts at Indian failed to impress my famous chef friend and colleague from Lebanon Chef Maroun Chedid. But Dakshin delivered on so many fronts. From the perfectly cooked and evenly balanced Dakshin Yera (shrimp battered with red chili, ginger, garlic and spices deep friend), to the fabulous Ginger, Tamarind, Coconut, Garlic Tomato Chutneys and the outrageously rich Kozhi Melagu from Tamil Nadu, both tender and drowned in thick peppercorn gravy that reminds me of the hearty sauces that kept us going in the harsh mountainous winters back in my homeland. I never knew just how light and airy a well made South Indian Appam could be (steamed rice flour and coconut milk rice pancake), and it had just the right sweetness and mild crunch. The Erashi Ishtew stew from Kerela, lamb and potatoes flavoured in green chilli cooked with coconut milk, was not to my liking, I felt lamb and coconut milk are not the best match, but it might just be that the other dishes were just so much more dominant in terms of culinary cohesiveness.
The Dal Tomato Pappu from Andhra Pradesh was a real revelation to me, especially after the numerous and often heavy Dal Makhani trials at other more famous New Delhi dining institutions. Dakshin's was more acidic, perfectly suited for my Mediterranean taste buds, it contained fresh tomatoes, sautéed onions, ginger, garlic, and a tangy taste that offsets the other deeper and often spicier counterparts, that can mask the unique taste combinations. But fortunately at Dakshin, that's not the case.
Let's not forget the colourful assortment of freshly made pickles from lemon to garlic to mango and many other South Indian classics which make for a intense flavour jab and perfect accompaniment to the dal of other heavier dishes.
The Chef was kind enough to offer us a complimentary piping hot Badam Halwa (almonds cooked with milk and the highest grade saffron I've tasted in years expertly mixed with clarified butter). But as good and finely crafted as it was, I relished more the simpler Elaneer Payasam (coconut milk flavoured milk in cardamom and sugar) which was the perfect finish to an unforgettable meal. I think my friend and Executive Chef Danny said it best when I pressed him on his verdict of the food: "Please stop asking me about each dish, everything is simply perfect".

• Visited July 2014