“A Little Gem”

Ranked #208 of 908 Speciality Lodging in New Delhi
Massachusetts
“A Little Gem”
Reviewed 5 April 2011

What a wonderful neighborhood hotel in a super location right near the Kailash Colony Metro Station. We planned to stay just 2 days but added 3 more. The staff is friendly, rooms quiet (at least on the sides and back of hotel), service excellent. The staff were so helpful and willing to go out of their way to make us comfortable. The room was a very good size with a well appointed bathroom and built in central air. The women behind the desk are the greatest. Anjali and her assistant even kept some cheese in the fridge for us for 2 days AFTER we checked out. Free Wi-Fi in the room. A real home away from home.

Room Tip: Front of hotel on metro line, sides quiet
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
UK
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Had stayed here 2 times in 2009-2010.
In Feb - 2011 called up and talked with a girl - Anjali. She asked more money and I Okeyed. Later she said that she didn't have room and she has booked in her another hotel named "Le Cadre" next to her hotel.
I was surprised when I reached to this hotel - Le Cadre - in the moring after complete day flight. the receptionst said that there was no booking at all. the girl - Anjali - even didn't take my calls. Helping was far away. After a 4 hours search I found a hotel at my own. Such a lier !! I will never go again. she also lied, this - Le Cadre - was not her hotel as the staffs told. Untrustworthy people !!

However for location and cleanliness it is a good small hotel but because she cheated me and i had to stuggle on road, I have put negative mark for all ratings to prevent that it gets more marks than I intend to give. even if they have god rooms, what makes it sense that you go there and the person says that there is no booking for you and they have neither a room for you for immidiate booking. They have hardly 10 rooms. they also don't respect returning customers.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank DPEuro

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Shimla, India
Reviewed 15 March 2011

this hotel is at a safe location, I will recommend it for the family traveler or night life lovers.
the services are good and staff is really cooperative. i enjoyed my 4 days in this hotel. it was in my budget also.......

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AshooKatoch
bangalore
Reviewed 13 February 2011

the price I paid 4400/- per night for the room was not worth and would have loved this hotel if it had been under 3200/-; the rooms are decent and the wifi connectivity good and service decent as well but it has no facilities except a small restaurant which serves breakfast; except for price there are no complaints with this hotel; could have been flexible though; checked in at 04.30 p.m. and at 08.30 a.m. and had to spend some time after a meeting finished early and asked for room usage for extra two hours but was denied

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 1 December 2010

I went to Delhi for some family function. I stayed here with my infant kiddo. good service. inhouse restaurant is good. serve quite quick. good for money. you need to take auto but that's fine because market place, sweet shop, atm center and other required joints are quite close. i would recommend this hotel any time.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 February 2010

Star Grand Villa was my first stop on the Golden Triangle tour of India. I was told this was a four star hotel. In all honesty, I'd give it a solid 3 stars. It's a tiny hotel in Delhi.
The staff consisted mainly of men, which, made me (a single female traveler) a bit awkward. They kept the hotel pretty clean and were ready to help with anything and everything. The airline had lost my luggage and they were very helpful in connecting me with the airlines and speaking with them.
The breakfast there was pretty mediocre. I'd stay away from juices, since they tasted of sugar and water. The dinner was not bad at all.
I'd bring my own hairdryer since the one in the room was more like a toy.
There's nothing around the hotel so you have to take cabs everywhere. I was lucky to have a driver, since I would not go outside by myself there.
Another downside was that their wifi didn't always work and I had to go outside to get on the internet. In addition, they didn't have the ability to make international phone calls. I had to go to a pharmacy down the street to make one.
I'd recommend staying there only if you are staying for two or three nights, no more.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank EsteeJ
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed 27 April 2009

Good value and decent location for business travellers.
A little nicer (and more expensive) than the mid to low end places that I typically book due to my <US$150 expense budget.
Rented car w/ driver.
Wireless internet access is included and worked well.
Some personnel are overly zealous for tips for unwanted services (like taking my rolling luggage to my room), but otherwise very friendly.
Keep an eye on your bill during checkout as my guy was challenged by accounting...

• Liked — Good value
  • Disliked — Some people were pushy for tips
  • Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank APManager