“fancy dinner”

Cuisines: Sushi, Mediterranean, Thai, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We went to magique for our anniversary dinner. The experience was really beautiful.

Food : mainly mediterranean. we ordered Lebanese and some other appetisers like cheesballs. Quantity was ok not very generous or very meagre. Taste was superb. A bit overpriced but we knew we were paying for the ambience and not only for the food.

Ambience: very calming and romantic. It was very cold when we visited and we sat outside. The heaters there were very effective. the whole place is dimly lit with candles and orchid on every table. Very beautiful.

Service: prompt and courteous staff.

Parking: valet parking available

6  Thank doctraveller11

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I had just a day to go for my anniversary and searched a lot for a candlelight dinner. Somehow I couldn't take my mind off from the name Magique.
After reading all the reviews I settled down by making all my itinerary surrounding this restaurant.

1) Parking was just outside the entrance, so there were no hassles (probably because it was not a weekend)
2) Staff was friendly.
3) The moment I entered the pathway, it reminded me of Mauritius. Something that made me feel that I am not in the city and yes, close to nature.
4) Music that made me go mhhmmmmm.
5) I had chosen the exterior seating surrounded with naturual setup like fountain wooden fences and tall candlelit stands. if somebody says mosquitoes, the staff had already kept the mosquito repellants that prevented any flies around.
6)Food:- We had ordered lamb curry with steamed rice and Thai chicken curry. The taste was yumm though it tasted like my mothers' homecooked south indian curry(my indian taste buds)
As I was already full with fast food I couldn't enjoy other options and had to leave in the middle.
7) As I'm a beer person, I'd have opted for Millers than Fosters but it wasn't available out of the only two Beer options mentioned in the menu.

Price:- As they have continental food, it is a little pricey as compared to buffet from other top notch restaurants. But peace, romance, aura, music and tasty food if costs 2300 bucks, oh boy I'd recommend this place always.

I recommend this place to couples (especially for their first date), Anniversaries and to those who want a peaceful dinner in nature.

Would come back again.

1  Thank TravellersFem
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I visited Magique last night after a years gap and was still taken aback with how they have maintained their atmosphere and food. It was quite a beautiful setting with a great service.

Though I was disappointed slightly when they did not have all the collection of beer as per the menu. Opting for a wine, we ordered our appetisers and main course.

The lemongrass chicken is an old time favourite that was juicy and yummy as even. We also ordered the panko crust prawns which were slightly disappointing. The size of prawns were very small so all you could taste was the crust. So, this spoilt the entire taste.

We also ordered the fish and chips and the yellow curry chicken. Both were cooked to perfection.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Wonderfully located in beautiful garden of 5 senses. Ambiance here is out of this world, beautifully placed tables, and fire stands. Staff are quite professional, and finger licking food. You can't ask for anything else, i suggest to be there in evening so that you can enjoy the beauty.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

As always, the food was excellent. The spare ribs were soft and succulent, with the meat just slipping of the bone.. Similarly, the pork chops were done just right with exquisite flavours. The prawns, and the fish were extremely tasty. We had a lot of starters, and the main course after a while. Sitting outdoors was pleasant on that evening. The service was efficient and fast, so one was not kept waiting for ones food or drink. The only drawback of the place is the long winding, narrow approach road. But still, one goes back to this place again and again.