“Very good food”

Ranked #31 of 12,606 Restaurants in New Delhi
Price range: US$20 - US$100
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
São Paulo/Brazil
“Very good food”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The food is very good and the place is magnificent. Waiters were very attentive and made us feel very good, in spite of our late arrival. I would certainly go back

• Visited December 2013
VWanchoo, Sr. Exec. Vice President & General Manager at The Spice Route, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to note your appreciation for the staff, service, food and ambience. Your kind words are extremely encouraging for the team.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“A Truly Exceptional Dining Experience”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Upon entering, I was impressed with the decor of the restaurant. Very soon, I was impressed by the graciousness of the staff. Then, I was impressed with the menu -- amazed, really -- there are no North Indian dishes to be found, only South Indian (the home of many spice plantations, hence the restaurant's name) and Southeast Asian. Finally, I was impressed by the food.

Our server bent over backward to assure that we understood what we were ordering, and that it would be prepared to our taste. He cautioned us about the level of spice, and we decided to take a chance. We were not disappointed. We were a bit anxious that despite ordering our food "mild," we might still find the spice level excessive. Instead, our meal was just perfect. The seasonings were rich and stimulating to the taste buds without burning or causing discomfort.

On my visit, all three of us opted for the prix fixe menu instead of ordering a la carte. The Southeast Asian menu was highly tempting to me, but eventually I decided to join my dining companions, and I selected the South Indian fare instead. Partly, that was because I saw none of the usual South Indian staples -- no dosai, no idli, no uttapam, apam or even curd rice. There was no avial either. Every one of the dishes on offer was new to me.

I particularly recall the soup and the prawns. However, each dish was prepared exquisitely. There were several non-vegetarian dishes, as well as enough vegetarian dishes to satisfy the member of our party who does not consume mammals and fowl.

The price of the meal reflected the excellence of the preparation, service and setting. A price of 5,000 rupees per person (Southeast Asian runs 6,000) may seem outrageous for a meal in India, but I felt that we received value for money.

I don't have the opportunity to dine in one of the world's top 10 restaurants (this description appears in their menu) every day. It was a treat for me to do so. If you want a treat, I recommend that you try Spice Route, as well.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank David W
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to note your wonderful words of appreciation for The Spice Route. It gives us immense pleasure and satisfaction to be able to deliver and exceed the expectations of our valued guests.

Your kind words are a great motivation for the team.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Guayaquil, Ecuador
“WORTHY MATCH”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The Spice Route is tucked off the atrium in The Imperial, New Delhi. A description of the restaurant found in our room stated that The Spice route was “voted as one of the top ten restaurants in the world”. I’m not sure what group was doing the voting, but The Spice Route is pretty darn good.

The decoration of the place is knock your socks off luxurious. Carved wood, antiques and murals depicting the travails of gods all but embrace visitors as they enter the establishment through a maze of columns.

On the evening my wife and I dined at The Spice route, the quiet luxury was just what the doctor ordered. We had spent all day wandering the barely controlled chaos of old Delhi and entering The Spice route was a true escape.

We ordered the chef’s special with tenderloin and the vegetarian curry. Fantastic! The service was every bit as professional as we would expect in a restaurant at this level. A bottle of shiraz from the ample wine list filled out our meal.

As we wandered back to our room, we were in agreement. The Spice Route was a worthy match for the luxury and superior service of The Imperial.

• Visited November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time and feedback. I am delighted to note your wonderful words of appreciation for The Spice Route. It gives us immense pleasure and satisfaction to be able to deliver and exceed the expectations of our valued guests.

Your kind words are a great motivation for the team.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Delhi
“Elegance is the name of spice route”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Suits Imperial ambience, and atmosphere, they are bit particular about formal dressing, so be careful when visiting this place, be dressed up in formals, its expensive like other classy restaurants in the world but food is in a different league.......awesome

Visited December 2013
VWanchoo, Sr. Exec. Vice President & General Manager at The Spice Route, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to write about your wonderful experience at The Spice Route.
We do adhere strictly to the dress code policy and this is what has helped us in maintaining the image that we retain all over the world.

Your positive comments are a great motivation for the team.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back home soon.

Sr. Executive Vice President & General Manager
“Beautiful Restaurant”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We were told, it's one of the top 10 restaurants in the world. Well it's deserved to be.

The restaurant designe is unique, very very cozy atmostphere. Food was lovely, staff were really nice and thanks to the manager who arranged cake for us after find out that we were on our honeymoon. That's lovely of you.

Be aware that Tax is really high in India not just this restaurant but everyone hotels and restaurants we been to.

Thank again guys for the beautiful meal and lovely service.
Highly reccommend

• Visited November 2013
Dear Guest,

It’s extremely satisfying to note that you had a memorable time and we are grateful for your kind acknowledgement of the same. I'm also glad to note that you appreciated the unique design of The Spice Route.

Your positive comments are a great motivation for the team.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back home soon.

Sr. Executive Vice President & General Manager