“Piracy off the high seas”
Review of Swagath

Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Defence Colony
Reviewed 2 September 2014

It was to be simple sea food dinner for two, little did we realize that is was the setup for a total turn off. We ordered fish Rawas in curry leaf seasoning.
The fish was tasteless, the curry leaf was nice, the overall masala overpowering and spicy hot.
More disappointment was to follow with the mixed vegetable dish being a spice bomb.

So that more of less put paid to a nice evening.

Report card, straight from the hoarse mouth (spice bombed all the way)!!
What was good? Swagath was open late night, curry leaves and the appam.
What was a disaster you ask?
Well, first, the pricey dinner for two at INR 2,500 without booze, well yeah it was 'dry day' in Delhi!
No amount of request to temper spicy hot to bland was seemingly understood in the kitchen.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

This is where you go for non-vegetarian South Indian food. It's a wonderful cuisine, but here, I find it's indigestible. The food is heavy- very oily, too many spices that kill the flavour of the sea food, or meat you might have ordered. Not the way I like it! But it's a huge favourite with most! What can I say!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Went out with the family for a dinner. Promptly guided and escorted from the entrance to the table. Service was above average and the food delicious. It is definitely on my 'to go' list whenever I travel back to India (Delhi).

2  Thank Vijay B
Reviewed 5 August 2014

If I haven't been to Swagath for a while my taste buds start watering to remind me of a place where the food is guaranteed to be good. Whatever my diet status I can't leave Swagath without their garlic butter prawns accompanied by Appam. I may also eat some fish in a spicy Mangorean sauce, take a bite out of somebody's Malabar paratha but I indulge in my Swagath staple diet for sure.
What I really like are their boiled spiced black channas, served as an accompaniment to drinks. They are so good.
This is a great place to go in a larger group, with family or friends. Not so great for solo dining - simply because you can't order enough variety and there are too many prawns in a dish to eat it all by oneself.

1  Thank Kalpanaa M
Reviewed 8 July 2014

all in all had a great experience though,service needs improvement........Great food,starting from main course to starters everythings great

2  Thank iramm20